It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Startling Photograph of UFO Over Derry?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I'm indeed from N. Ireland and this is a 'street lamp' that are seen all over Ireland even in countryside areas that I used to live in!

It was the first thing i thought of, then I smiled and thought of the bin lid and pingpong balls and silver glitter of Mr. B. Meier hehehheee

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mlmijyd
I'm indeed from N. Ireland and this is a 'street lamp' that are seen all over Ireland even in countryside areas that I used to live in!

Really? how hysterical...is there nothing people won't try and pass off? Ya have to wonder then why the paper wouldn't know that and send his photo to the round filing cabinet.

I'd personally still like to see the full version. Just for curiosity.

[edit on 9-5-2008 by jritzmann]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Strainer -
- forgive me, it is Friday after all.

But I did say it wasn't a street lamp!

Possibly redeemed myself there.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I know that if it were me, i would snap as many pictures as I possibly could just to ensure that its integrity never comes into question. I think the streetlight hypothesis is a correct one here. The wires overhead indicate that there has to be poles close by.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I haven't read all the replies to this, but if it hasn't been debunked yet, I will give it a shot.

I realised that there seemed to be an unusual object in the sky and decided to take a picture. On examination it seems to be a saucer-like object flying not far above houses on the Prehen Road

Hmmmm... there is a house-sized object, a hundred yards from you, and you "just realized"?

Hmmm.... it was so big, and yet you had to later identify it? ( quick test, get out your cellphone. take a picture. How long does it take? I have a great phone, i just took a pic of this screen, took ten seconds.) So you and your friends had ten seconds at least, and you noticed nothing, except a fat blur you had to later identify?

Hmmmm... Last thing... Was it "flying", or hovering? Because if it was flying, I see no blurring from motion. AS a matter of fact, it seems to be going in the same direction as the car, at the same speed. If it was hovering? Or were you both stopped? well, shame on you for just getting one photo, and not yelling out to the neighbors...

End result? I believe that this "object" was something, anything, that was attached to the side of the car, and your friend said "hey, that looks like a UFO! Hey take a picture of it, lol." or a photo that later looked like a ufo and you made up a story.

Edit; spelling

[edit on 9-5-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson

Hmmm.... it was so big, and yet you had to later identify it? ( quick test, get out your cellphone. take a picture. How long does it take? I have a great phone, i just took a pic of this screen, took ten seconds.) So you and your friends had ten seconds at least, and you noticed nothing, except a fat blur you had to later identify?

I'm not defending this pic or trying to argue with the analysis of any of the posters on this thread, but just to take a stab at your second point here. When I was in the UK my cellphone (which was purchased through Vodafone, a large international provider) had a button that would operate the camera. It didn't matter what mode of operation your phone was in, one click and you had taken a picture. That was three years ago, the picture was of crappy quality but it only took a couple of seconds to capture it.

Again, like I said, I'm not saying this picture is or isn't bunk, but it could have been taken with a quickness!

-Apex

Edit to add: The only reason I even realized my phone could do that is because I started noticing pictures of the inside of my backpack and my desk from accidentally pressing the button so I decided to read the manual for a change (it's hard to admit, I am a guy after all
) and I tried it out at the pub. Like I said, it wasn't impressive quality, but I WAS at a pub so who knows what drunken pictures taken at midnight are going to look like.

[edit on 9-5-2008 by Apex Predator]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
rather than a ufo it looks more like one of those inflatable large disks you throw around for fun... it looks close so it wouldnt be too big... TOTALY fake

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Apex Predator

I stand corrected. A GOOD camera phone takes ten sec. to start, lol...
But I'm sure you get my point.
"what was it, a bird?"
"I don't know, lets check.. oh, it's a ufo!"

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
UNDENIABLE it is fake derry is the only witness plus all the other proof posted here . i believe on aliens but this pic is fake

you re free to opte whatever truth but mine is already so

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   

editorial.jpress.co.uk...

Here's the original image.
NOT THUMBNAILED!

Does seem a good deal off.

Looking at the sun reflection on the UFO, its on the right side.
However the car in the lower right hand corner has a sun reflection on it's left side where the hood rises.

[edit on 10-5-2008 by Xabora]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Personally I would put this straight into the possible hoax land fill, well away from the possible authentic pile.

However, I half agree/disagree with the street light explanation.

The object seems to me to be much too big and too low in the photo's perspective for it to be a street light in that position whilst that photo was taken ... let us use the street light in Solarskye's pic as a reference for instance; high and small in the perspective ... so I don't think the street light was there, in that position, when the photo of the street landscape was taken.

A theory is it is a pic of a street light that has been doctored to become the "UFO" ... mlmijyd mentioned that there are street lights like this in Ireland ... so the photographer takes a photo of a street light and a separate photo from within the car then ... schnip, schnap and voila! Irish street light ufo ...

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Yeah, So something weird is going on, I can't explain. Can anyone help???
I started seeing this "really bright looking sparkly star" aon the 10th of April. I will put it this way 1st I thought a star, then a plane cause I saw some red flashes, then I was confused because it just randomly moved around in the sky. My eyes are really bad so I didn't get to excited about it...Haha Little did I Know. So It keeps coming back every night now at the same time, I watch it for an hour then fall asleep. So, Finally I had to find out what it was. Ummm, yeah I took a video, and I wasn't sure if It would turn out or not cause basically it just looked like a bug. UNTIL...I downloaded the video on my computer, then I had tears running down my face. Not out of fear or anything, but because what I have on video, is unbeleivable and beautiful all it one... Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow. Anyone else seeing stuff?

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Hello UNKNOWN313,

Let me start by saying that what you describe sounds like it is an amazing experience and one that a lot of people here will be very happy that you shared with us.

It is also an experience that many people will relate to. Hopefully some of these people can give you some explanations for you to discover your own answers from.

It is very important that you post these video's that you have on a public video sharing sight (this forum included) and, if you are able, give these recordings to people who have experience and credibility in the analysis of this kind of video . I am sure that you will find those people if you ask the moderators on this forum.

This allows both advocates and sceptics, alike, to analyse and debate what it is that you may or may not have recorded.

It is this debate and analysis is what leads to answers and education.

I, for one, look forward to viewing what it is that you have recorded

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Yeah, I am very open minded, and watch stuff on ufo's but never thought too much about it, or have ever seen anything like this, I just have to figure out how to get it on here so everyone can see. I have already downloaded to my computer, but I am sum what computer illiterate. This just happened about an hr ago, so I am still very jumpy, haha. Excited too

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
do u know how I would go about getting my video on here

[edit on 10-5-2008 by UNKNOWN313]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I think you may have to up load it onto the web first ... and then you make a new post and then put the link of your video from the web onto the post.

I will see what I can find for you.

Give me a few minutes

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Hi UNKNOWN313,

Go to the youtube site.

Start a new account ... this doesn't take very long ... just follow the prompts.

Next - enter the title you want to give your video, a description, category and tag words ... these are words that the youtube search engine uses to direct people to your video ... I would use ufo, flashing lights etc. ... all these options have a star next to them which means they are compulsory.

As for as the broadcast options, date and map options and sharing options, you can leave these blank.

Next - click the button "Upload a video"

Next - click choose file to search your hard drive for the video ... once you have found it highlight it and click choose or select.

Next - click "Upload video"

You have now uploaded a video onto youtube ... I hope ... next is how to put onto this site.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Thanks so much for being kind, I havn't slept at all due to all this excitement and I'm just not very familiar to all the computer stuff.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Hi UNKNOWN313,

It's my pleasure ... I hope I can help ... it is almost a case of the blind leading the blind ...

The easiest way to let others from this site to view your video is to cut and paste the link of your youtube video, when you have it uploaded, in a new post here. Then we can cut and paste the link into our browser and view it from youtube.

I hope this helps ... I am really looking forward to seeing it!

Can anyone out there help UNKNOWN313 (and myself by default) with an alternative way to post their video on this site?

Cheers

H

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I believe this pic is very fake, if you saw something that big, you would take many pics, i would even run to the houses, bang on doors and get as many people to look.... does anyone know the exact location? because if there is a main road or something near by then surely there would have been many witnesses???

UNKNOWN, cant wait for the video!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join