It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

dont take anyones word for it, try searching it out and doing some research on it, thats what i did. jehovas witnesses are very biased and have an agenda, like most religions, but jehovas witnesses make money off what they do, its a profitable organazation. dont take my word on that either, check it out.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

4These are those who did not defile themselves with women, for they kept themselves pure. They follow the Lamb wherever he goes. They were purchased from among men and offered as firstfruits to God and the Lamb.

These people represent those who were the ones who held back the great cataclysm on the earth.
Lot would be someone who would come to mind, as being the archetype to the 144,000.
God did not allow Sodom and Gomorrah to be destroyed until Lot came out.
The people seen by John in white robes before the throne would be like the people who Lot brought out with him.
Unlike Lot's dismal failure at finding anyone righteous, in the final story, the lamb, himself, works to create a nation on earth who will be redeemed.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by pureevil81

but jehovas witnesses make money off what they do

As far as I know, they have a certain amount of money that comes from its membership to keep the organization running, just like all churches do.
What happens is that on a certain day of the week, they will go to their local congregation and think about what they are going to do.
They will have tables set up with literature on them, that they can distribute.
Each member will pick out what they want and then pay for it.
They do not sell it, they give it away, at their own expense.
I know people in my church who give away books at great personal expense, because they feel it is their mission.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
This number 144 is quite interesting and has nothing to do with religion.

I suspect that the reference to it in the bible is being grossly misinterpreted.

You will see here the many interesting scientific references to it.

144 elements

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

is this as far as you know? how about the watchtower books that are sold overseas, i repeat sold. like i said, look into it, its fact. not just JW's either, mormons, and so on. yes all churches take in some money to keep it running, but some also take alot more than needed. just look at the witnesses kingdom halls or whatever, if thats not excessive i dont know what is.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by pureevil81

is this as far as you know? how about the watchtower books that are sold overseas, i repeat sold. like i said, look into it, its fact. not just JW's either, mormons, and so on. yes all churches take in some money to keep it running, but some also take alot more than needed. just look at the witnesses kingdom halls or whatever, if thats not excessive i dont know what is.

lol kingdom halls are excessive?! lol they are the plainest churches i have ever seen in my life.

btw, they dont sell over here in spain, i have 2 book and a booklet from them a i never paid a cent. not entirely sure where you are getting your information from.

besides, what does the 144,000 have to do with jw's?

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The number 144000=9 is a dimension outside of eternity, which equals immortals. eternity=8 outside of that number and you have GODS.

10,024 is the REAL NUMBER. 7=purification also the (crown chakra) on top of the head. Also religiously known as the CROWN OF THORNS.

[edit on 26-7-2008 by menguard]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

obviously you dont know much about jw's, but thats neither here nor there, maybe the kingdom halls are different over there, here though, they are huge. frickin huge.

i get my information from alot of places. im not trying to argue or derail the thread, so im gonna leave it at that. if you ever get the notion, check it out....guaranteed you will find im right.

the 144,000 has alot to do with jehovas witnesses. maybe check out what their about also. no need to get all bent out of shape there, i wasnt simply pointing out to the op to look into for himself. nothing more.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

obviously you dont know much about jw's, but thats neither here nor there, maybe the kingdom halls are different over there, here though, they are huge. frickin huge.

i get my information from alot of places. im not trying to argue or derail the thread, so im gonna leave it at that. if you ever get the notion, check it out....guaranteed you will find im right.

the 144,000 has alot to do with jehovas witnesses. maybe check out what their about also. no need to get all bent out of shape there, i wasnt simply pointing out to the op to look into for himself. nothing more.

seriously, ive studied with a JW for some time, both in spain and in NY, your sadly misinformed.

their churches arent glamorous at all and they never charge for their literature nor have i ever had collection dish passed in front of me during service.

the thing is, i see your posts alot, and alot of times i see you, your bashing JW's mostly with misinformation.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

you are very misinformed about me, i most certainly do not bash jehovas witnesses, now your just slinging mud. like i said, repeatedly, DO NOT TAKE MY WORD FOR IT..........geez.

if you turn your bis down a little, and do a little well guided research........oh hell nevermind, its obvious youre looking for an argument, i will not derail the thread anymore than it has been.

peace

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

just look at the witnesses kingdom halls or whatever, if thats not excessive i dont know what is.

Maybe you are thinking of Mormon Temples.
Kingdom halls are the most drab, plain and simple kind of religious structure imaginable.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

perhaps its different in other ares....AS I ALREADY SAID....here they are huge.

mormons also have big facilities, also very excessive..HERE.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

The only large buildings they have are Assembly Halls. Since they have only 1 Assembly hall per city if even that, maybe thats what you a talking about. But all there buildings that house only one congregation are quite modest and small.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

if i have to, i will go take pictures my friend, there are at least three in this small city im in. besides the point of this thread.......carry on.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

if i have to, i will go take pictures my friend,.

could you? see if you can get inside too. id really like to see that.

(not being sarcastic or anything, im being completely honest)

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Groupies--

The 144,000 (12 x 12 x 1000) mentioned in the Apocalypse of Yohanon the Levite (whoever he was) aka 'The Book of Revelation' chapter 14:4 are supposedly all 'Male Virgins Undefiled by Women' .

I'm not sure how many 'literal minded believers' are out there in the wild that are really 'male virgins, undefiled by women; unless they are under the age of 18--or why the writer of the Apocalypse thought that having sex with a female was particuarly 'defiling'...hmmmm....

R. Yehoshua bar Yosef the Galilean (aka 'Jesus') had some Greek words placed into his mouth in the Greek Gospel of 'Matthew' (whoever he was) see chapter 19:12

'Amen I say unto you, there are some born without testicles (lit. are Eunuchs') from their mother's womb and there are also those who have had their testicles deliberately removed by men (i.e. 12 year old castrated boys to be used as sopranos [aka 'Castrati] , harem slaves etc.) and there are also some men who have castrated themselves for the sake of the Kingdom of Heaven.

Let he who is able to undergo such an act, take it upon himself to do it ! (lit. 'let he who is able to receive such, receive it !')

Apparently the Bishop Origen of Alexandria (among other Church Fathers of the 1st 3 centuries AD) took the Rabbi literally and castrated himself.

One wonders if he ever regretted having done so...but, alas, surgery would have been difficult back in those days to re-attach his parts, one would think !!

In the Dead Sea Scroll community, those who had 'retired' shall we say from sex and joined the Monastery at Seccacah (Qumran) aka 'Damascus' were called 'Angels' and had a higher standing in the community...so different from modern Rabinnic Judaiesm with its emphasis on having sons sons sons and more sons !!

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Again, if you understand literal vs symbolic virgins. These virgins are not physical virgins, they are spiritual virgins from God's perspective.

One question some may ask is, are women part of the 144,000?

The answer is yes, Jesus mother is one of them.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
not literal virgins

[2] For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

in contrast, babylon the great is call a harlot with spiritistic practices and fornicating with kings (kind of like how the church meddles in politics.)

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
the 144,000 ,or otherwise known as the overseers .are those that supposedly are the ones that bury the dead and help rule over you.
by helping mankind comeback.

you can interpret that how ever you like
Rapture
or riased from the dead as the JW do

or your own interpretation

I mean both of those interpretations are modern day religion
from minds no more qualified than you or I.
Who's motives are no more clearer to you than they are to me.

[edit on 31-7-2008 by solo1]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by runetang

If the bible is the word of God, why would it be so ambiguous to allow you to "interpret" it to suit your own idea of what it must mean. It says they are Jewish, male, virgins - clear and simple.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join