It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
ZEITGEIST

Faith is one thing, everyone is entitled to that (I mean no offense to any religious people with this link) facts are another.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I have a completely different take on what 144,000 means. I was playing around with my calculator one day and here is what I stumbled across.

If light were able to curve around the earth, it would complete 6.66667 circumferences in one second. If you multiply 6.66667 by 360 degrees and then by 60 minutes, you'll get (within rounding error) 144,000 minutes of arc. It makes you wonder. I sometimes have the feeling that our existence on Earth is 'Hell' in a sense that maybe this is equivalent to spiritual boot camp and our souls keep coming back 'down here' until we 'get it right'.

Just a thought.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Torsten
ZEITGEIST

Faith is one thing, everyone is entitled to that (I mean no offense to any religious people with this link) facts are another.

Hmmm, maybe you should do some checking to see if the "facts" put forward by that movie are actually facts. You know you can actually win money if you prove them to be true, though nobody has yet won it

zeitgeistchallenge.com...

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Just jumping on board with my 2 cents here - I get this information from the book: The Rapture - By Tim Lahaye

These are the 144,000 Jewish "witnesses" (in quotation marks because it's a term directly from the books). Revelation 7 contains a fairly detailed description of the qualifications for these people. First of all, they must be Jewish. Secondly, they have to come from all 12 tribes of Israel as listed in the Old Testament, and finally, they are called between the sixth and seventh seal judgments. He (God) says they are Jews. Specifically, He calls them, "the sons of Israel" (Revelation 7:4). He even enumerates them by their tribes, stating that 12,000 will come from each tribe. Does He need to put a flashing neon sign in the sky that says, "I'm talking about Jews!"?

But the context indicates that they will serve the Lord as evangelists. I say this because their description is followed immediately by the description of "a great multitude which no one can count, from every nation and all tribes and peoples and tongues" (Revelation 7:9). John sees this great host of people in Heaven standing before the throne of God, and he asks "Who are they, and from where have they come?" (Revelation 7:13). He is told that they are people who have come out of the Great Tribulation who "have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb" (Revelation 7:14).

In other words, this multitude of Gentiles are those who accept Jesus after the Rapture and who are martyred for their faith during the Tribulation. Because they are placed adjacent to the 144,000 believing Jews, the implication is that they are converted by the Jews during the Tribulation.

To sum it up, the 144000 are Jewish Evangelists who spread the message of Jesus to every corner of the earth for every ear to hear. They are also helped out by angels - this is referenced and quoted also.

Here's my theory. I believe the Evangelist theory because it makes sense to the big picture. It wouldn't make sense for God to judge people who haven't heard the Gospel and have had an opportunity to accept Him. BUT, here's the kicker...Jews today don't accept Jesus as the Messiah. So these 144000 must either be A) Jews who convert to the belief of Christ as messiah which is also known as.......B) CHRISTIANITY...the 144000 are christians who do the same evangelical calling. Christians are in essence Jews who believe Christ as the Messiah. They go to every corner of the earth, to spread the message. I'm not sure how many people are left on earth who haven't heard about Jesus but this is the end-all missionary trip.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Studenofhistory

Someone has too much time on their hands…

How scary are the coincidences with numbers sometimes. What makes this even more amazing is that at the time of writing they knew nothing of SoL or the circumference of the earth.
I am not sure if it is the point you are getting at but working backwards from a round number of 144000 divided by 60 then divided by 360 we have 6.6 repeated or 6.66. Does this number mean anything to anyone?
If we reach SoL we become the beast? Does this mean the beast is light? Jesus said he was the “Light of the world”. Based on this math is he the beast?
I don’t think so but it is fun to play with numbers still….

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

you can make anything work in numerology. I like playing with numbers too. But I've found out you can take any number and divide, mulitple, heck reciprocate, hack into peices any number to say anything lol.

there are only 10 real numbers used in our counting system 0123456789 - ALL of them have mystical, coicidental, and all kinds of other properties.

[edit on 13-5-2008 by Mekanik]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
144,000 left after; The End Of The World As We Know It. TEOTWAWKI.

The coming "Bottle Neck" of Humanity after the great purge.

Of that 144,000, only half or less of them, will continue the Human Race.

When? I don't know. But it will be sooner than most might ever imagine it to be.

2011-2020? maybe? We will just have to wait and see won't we!

Are you scared? NO!?!..well you aught to be!

Personally, I think we're all going to be FUBAR/SOL big time, very soon.

Myself included!

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOBountyHunter

Dandy,
I came to CiR for a while to get a break from 2012ism. But then it had to come up eventually if we are talking end of days/rapture scenarios....

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

The book "the light shall set you free" by Dr Norma Milanovich & Dr Shirley McCune talks about the Ascended Masters and the 5th dimension... They speak of preparing for the 5th dimension
the 144,000

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by elgoog

please tell me where I can read the dead sea scrolls ?
send answer to
[email protected]
than you very much

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mekanik
These are the 144,000 Jewish "witnesses" (in quotation marks because it's a term directly from the books). Revelation 7 contains a fairly detailed description of the qualifications for these people. First of all, they must be Jewish. Secondly, they have to come from all 12 tribes of Israel as listed in the Old Testament, and finally, they are called between the sixth and seventh seal judgments. He (God) says they are Jews. Specifically, He calls them, "the sons of Israel" (Revelation 7:4). He even enumerates them by their tribes, stating that 12,000 will come from each tribe. Does He need to put a flashing neon sign in the sky that says, "I'm talking about Jews!"?

Maybe God should put up a flashing sign that says the Jews are only one of the 12 tribes, the tribe of Judah. All the Israelites were not Jewsih, that is simply a common mistake

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
The number of God is 72 according to Kabbalism.

72x3 for the Trinity becomes 216.

216x666.666...=144,000

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I simpatize US, specialy scientific approach to study everything in variety of areas. But what confuse me there wasn't archived any experiment with time travel before 2003. Old time travel used cicles of time to travel in 20 years ciclus. Genesis descibed use of 386 pc which dates after 1995 and above.
It's clear that Nostradamus was useing 2 CD's.
Here he shows to the quin his "Mirrace mirror"

www.pphcstudygroup.org.au...

Hystory

144.000 byte

[edit on 5/14/2008 by B3...]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT
Who are the 144000 and what does it mean?

Hello

I think from a Christian view and to me this is what the 144,000 are...

If you look back from upon the 6 seals, death and destruction is sent upon the earth most people are killed by one method or another just prior to the 144,000 being sealed. However there are still Gods people and those against the Lord still alive.

in chapter 8 of revelation we get the 7th and final seal where a total purging of the people against God and the whole earth is cleansed via woes and trumpets.

the 144,000 are the living believers that are left and are sealed by God as in Ezekiel 9

during the last of Gods wrath they will not be harmed, and will become the remnant as God always said he would keep one. they are not sealed as approval and only those go to heaven.

The tribes are NOT those in todays land of Israel as this is just the house of Judah, the others are spread around the globe, you an i could be from a tribe and not know it.

For a few reasons, one heaven is not the final place of Gods people and this would negate the judgment IMHO. and all the words of Christ telling us that those that believe in him will be saved.

By the way the JW's reinvented the 144,000 issue when membership rose above 144,000. suddenly there appeared a multi tiered system.

all the best

david

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
24= 12 disciples + 12 prophets

144 are from the tribe of Judah

mass of people= "as a sea of glass"

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

The 144,000 is a complete number that represent the devine conversion of 12,000 persons from each of the tribes of Israel. These are those who have never had any contact with any type of Christian denomination. They are no going to heaven, they will remain on Earth, specifically in the Holy Land, and will have special authority that will be given by Christ.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
If anyone believes in 'channelings' the information given is that the 144,000 are the heavenly hosts that would be living here in human form at the time of Tribulation.
These heavenly hosts are ones who are naturally of a spiritual nature who's functiom is assist and raise awarness of those less fortunate. These hosts are found in all walks of life and countries. They could be your family, neighbour, doctor etc. They do not have a sign saying 'I am one'

Please accept this as something to consider, if it does not gel with you feel free to discard it.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
These are those who have never had any contact with any type of Christian denomination.

Just curious as to what you base this belief on?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I concur. Where is this coming from?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

"And the woman was arrayed in purple an scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:" REV 17.4

"And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH." REV 17.5

"And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration." REV 17.6

So this poses two important questions.

Who or what is the great whore?

What is the wine of her fornication?

Well to answer the first question, I am not so sure that the answer is literal but it sure is symbolic. This is my interpretation of the Great Whore.

www.freemasonrywatch.org...

Isis. There are many famous statues and diffferent interpretations of Isis around the world. The most commonly known is the Statue of Liberty. Notice how close in comparison this is to the description in Revelations.

Often Isis is depicted with a blindfold and a scale, titled "Blind Justice" it is embedded in the Legal System everywhere.

Now what is the "wine of her fornication"?

Well let's see here.

Small doses of mercury have been said to be found in FLU shots. Exposure to mercury eventually leads to Autism.

Our children are being diagnosed with ADD or ADHD in their schools and treated with Ritalin or other types of METHANPHETEMINES which predispose children at an older age to experiment with harder drugs such as Cocaine and Chrystal Meth. Often times when somebody is diagnosed as being "Bi Polar" they have been previously diagnosed with ADD and have been treated with medication for a long period of time. Which in turn equals more money for pharmeceuticals and politicians.

One of the things we see happening today is the the rise of evangelism. I know a girl who attended New Life Church, I was told by my friend who was dating her that she would attend these overnight camps, where they were told they were not allowed to have boyfriends for periods of time and not allowed to have any physical contact with them.

This is just one of many things wrong with religion today.

Consider the money they raise to promote political interests. In the Name of God?

So my opinion is that the wine, is acceptance of intruders constantly watching over your shoulder. Turning a blind eye on what is good and righteous and trusting the authorities (blind justice) to deliver, when it has devoted itself to another cause.

EDIT

But one thing this clearly talks about is mystery religions. There is a literal Babalon Mystery Religion believe it or not and it is heavily associated with the OTO (Ordo Templi Orientis) Which is by definition a mystery religion. So is freemasonry and who do you think was organized enough to create christian and catholic churches all over the USA?

[edit on 15-5-2008 by 12.21.12]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join