It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
They are not nessasarily male, the only referances to gender is them being called virgins and they are called the Bride of the Lamb. Looks as if the 144.000 are infact females. And between the lines, they will after the Marriage bring forth a new generation of children all having the Lamb as their father. The eggs would naturally be fertilised in a lab.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Responding to the post I think I believe what Miriam first posted. The 14OOO is a actual number of people who go in heaven. And I think if I remember it the bible explain them being those that die for Christianity and God and Jesus. And I believe it said 144000 thousand thousand. God bless

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
DDid I ever mention that in Eden there were 72 constellations consisting of 144000 stars? Get real. We are working out Ourselves....

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT
I know this is an age old question and I have recived many answers from mant religions now I ask the elite. Who are the 144000 and what does it mean?
According to JWs that is the total number who will get into heaven. Does this mean I shouldn't bother since more than that has already passed or is it like a lottery and I should try harder? Or is the number symbolic and I still have a good chance?

They believe that 144,000 will enter heaven and serve with Christ as king of the earth, doing whatever kings of the earth would do. The rest of good people will remain on earth as humans, never dying and living happily ever-after on a peaceful paradise earth. Many JW's think the thought of living in heaven is boring compared to living in paradise so they choose not to become one of the 144,000 (by not eating the bread and drinking the wine at their annual passover ceremony).

If the JW religion is something you personally believe in, then really, go for it.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
the 144000 in heaven , are angels that came from the first century christians... The apostles and the early followers of christ... and a couple of extras along the way... They are in a special realm of heaven. When John saw his vision, he saw a new heavens and new earth... the 144000 are part of the new heaven and the director of this new heaven is Jesus Christ aka the Lamb. When its time for the four seraphs (who control the nature of this earth) to destroy this order of the world as we know it, they will hold back just enough time for 144000 people who are spiritually annointed by christ to recieve divine instructions on how to survive the impending doom . If you are not one of the chosen, well sorry it looks like you are not going to make it. Also, this isnt a confusing thing... if you are annointed , your gonna know it =) Jesus is pretty clear on the matter and expect some wild unforgettable dreams. if you want to know more hit me up *Snip*

Mod Edit: Please Do Not Include Personal E-Mail Information.

[edit on 4-12-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Shar

Shar:

I believe you are right. Seems to me that I read the 144,000 Jews were sealed so that the angels could see who they were and not hurt them. They were to preach to the other Jews about Christ along with the 2 witnesses.
They were chosen from the tribes of Israel. The tribes of Dan and Ephriam were not included. They lost their land rites a way back.

Now, I don't claim to be an expert on Revelations but I believe you are right.

Peace,
Grandma

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Not Jews. Hebrews. Or Shemites of Jacov'd tribve. A small part of Judah, ie, the Jews, have occupied the Land. Their part is a small part of Jerusalem, the Town of David and the "old city", and some land to the west bordering to the spring south and the great sea (Mediterranean) and up until they meet their brothers with the crossbeem through Jerusalem. Until the rest return (I'm Dan, Levi and Joseph in blood, atleast Word) and Palestine belongs to the Palestinian sons of Ischmael until the day comes when we visit and ask if we may buy some good land, and thank them for keeping our gardens and fields green. Contrary to concrete element walls not even Camelopardalis can reach over with its head. Frekk'em.

[edit on 5/12/2008 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
144 000 FOLLOWERS OF CHRIST

Revelation 14: "Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father's name written on their foreheads. And I heard a sound from heaven like the roar of rushing waters and like a loud peal of thunder. The sound I heard was like that of harpists playing their harps. And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders. No one could learn the song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth. These are those who did not defile themselves with women, for they kept themselves pure. They follow the Lamb wherever he goes. They were purchased from among men and offered as firstfruits to God and the Lamb. No lie was found in their mouths; they are blameless."

First Jesus Christ had 12 followers in Jerusalem.

In Revelation 14 Jesus Christ stands on Mount Zion with 144 000 followers that are singing a new song accompanied by harps from heaven.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by 299792458]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
According to the papacy God is threefold, and according to Kabbalah God's name is made up from 72 letters and according to Apocalypticon, the number of wisdom is 666.

72*3*666.666... equals 144,000

Now, what if the great white horde that enters the Kingdom was the truely wise and brave? Just a thought....

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
12 tribes of israel = 12 star signs. Lots of hebrew knowledge came from egypt who studied the sky and seem to have understood precession of equinox. 12 * 12000 = 144000. they originally used a 360 day year.
144000 divided by 360 = 400 years. Great cycle 1872000 days divided by 400 = 4680 great year or age. The mayans had the same idea called baktuns. thats my take on it for what its worth!

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

I think this is representative of the twelve families, or twelve tribes and they each are allowed twelve thousand people to take along for the ride to protection before the coming revelations.

Look at the powerful families and their links within... close ties and those 144,000 will be the ones who are in the protective bunkers or whatever. Protected from either a meteor or some created destruction that they bring on themselves.

The bible is just their history book of how they've made things happen through the ages....

Rgds

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
The #144000 Has nothing to with humans or number of humans entering heaven, etc. 144000 refers to the Nadis or energy points within the human soul.
Like everything else in the bible, this is just another code or allegory.

www.paulchek.com...

"The network of energies which distribute the Vital Force energy of each chakra into the physical body are called nadis in India. These nadis are an energy communication network linking us to the whole of creation through cosmic energy. When St. John in the Apocalypse spoke of the 144,000, one of the things he was referring is the 144,000 nadis that will be flowing with energy when we open all our Seals (chakras) and harmonize our auras."

Do some research on this and it will start to make sense.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
The answer is here:

www.youtube.com...

This was made by a poster here at ATS and it is exceptional in it's simplicity and it's message of truth and the 144,000.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
jesus generally divided his followers into 2 groups.

john 10:[16] And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

luke 12:[32] Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

little flock, and other sheep.

little flock are specifically mentioned as being given a kingdom.

rev 5:[9] And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
[10] And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

so these ¨little flock¨ go on to rule with jesus.

the bible makes specific mention of how many.

rev 14:[1] And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
[2] And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
[3] And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.

i dont know about you guys, that appears to be a simpler explanation that frequencies and multiplying numbers to god´s supposed 72 letter name

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by spannera
they originally used a 360 day year.

No. Originally the Egyptians used the common lunar calendar based on 13 lunar months and 52 seven day weeks, equaling 364 days a year, and the same calendar was used by the Essenes or the people who saved their wisdom scrolls near the shore of the Dead Sea. Later at some point they started using ten day weeks in a cycle of 30 times twelve months. Hence the ten horns of the dragon.... The ten day 360 system was adopted by the Babylonians who incorporated it into their astrological system. The Greeks also adopted this system into their Zodiak and named the weeks decans, as in deca = ten.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   

144000 is a pryamid of serving bodies, that are one body spaning the Generations (10's) which are the count of time, that is "the generations" ,"when ever the thousand years SHOULD BE ENDING".

If it were a fixed solar time or lunar time there would be no unknowing to the signs of it's arrival, but instead all lives in the bible are represented as single character, but are in truth attributes to the characters that comprise those traits seen as "holy". The names of the people if understood in english would render characteristics. Remember how important name is...it's the only thing you receive that remains uniquely yours even if others are named the same.

In other words, it is true that God "regards no man", he IS the living host of all. Those doing his will are creating for the world and giving life to the son of man, the next generation. Those doing his will are neither this nor that, but are the spirit of the creation.

The door is truly narrow, as narrow as the hips. This is the truth and the life, and the only true way to everlasting life..."be fruitful and multiply". This is why blood is important. In the shedding of blood.

Jane's Addiction said it best, "Sex is Violent", "while coming down the mountain"

Violence is not the only way that blood is shed, and this is why we watch CSI right, to find out about the swabbing proceedures?

This is the part where the man leaves his mater and Future, and clings in the woman of him and the two generate new flesh....the truth since day one.

Bought for nothing, sold for nothing..."as you have received freely, so too give"

Because it is easier for a Gamma (sperma) to get through the eye or "fountain" of a

You are required to shed blood TO the Glory (Orge(asm) of the Lord who is called "SELF EXISTENT" the living host.

Peace

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   

This is my spin on it.
/ 6 24000
/ 6 4000
/ 6 666.6666667

It is symbolic!
It represents 2/3's
666 is not an satanic number it is GODs number!

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
144k is what your 401k is now actually worth? Sorry don't flag me! Couldnt help it.

This thread is huge, and with some very strong oppinions.

Hears mine: Not literal.
Even though the book lists tribes, it is as most of apocrophal writings: figurative.
So my interpretaion is that the 12 tribes are from all the nations, a spiritual isreal. Taken over a long period of time. I'm not going to quote scripture, that has been overdone. I'm only stating my opinion from what I've read.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
144,000 is the speed of light. Change your vibration to one of love and light and you are ONE.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Oops mispoke.
Not literal in that it is from the tribes of isreal. But literal in that the number is 144,000 since that number is repeted in the book several times.
(one key to denoting a figurative statement from a literal statement is its frequency)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join