It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

23 cent Papa Johns pizzas cause 5 hr lines in Cleveland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Pappa Johns offered 23 cent large one item pizzas to mitigate their 'crybaby' Lebron James tshirts they provided to opposing team fans. Watching last nites game against Boston I turned it off at 3rd quarter, it was pathetic.
The very fact that anyone would stand in line for a basically free pizza for 5 hrs shows just how messed up this city is. I listen to police scanner often and I swear its like Beirut sometimes. Just sad, very sad.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Hmmmmm.......

I just had an interesting idea for how "someone" could keep people away from the voting booths come November. Who would ever believe in The Great Pizza Conspiracy of 2008?

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
ROFL System. Make 'em anchovie and I think you have something there.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
dude... there has to be a limit on how many pizzas per customer?

I mean, people will buy 100 pizza at 23 cents per... cold pizza is the best...

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SystemiK
Hmmmmm.......

I just had an interesting idea for how "someone" could keep people away from the voting booths come November. Who would ever believe in The Great Pizza Conspiracy of 2008?

That is actually a REALLY good idea! How could one raise money for such an idea without attracting unwanted attention?

As far as a "limit" I am sure it was one per customer, but no doubt the customers had no problem finding 5 friends/relatives that could while away 5 hours in line with them.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I saw the nightmare this promotion would make from the getgo!

top topics

join