It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I would vote for Hilary

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Sure you'd vote for Hillary, but would you take one for the team with her - that is the tougher question.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Sure I thought you were an indian or a pakistani from the get go. Cause no one else would have such insight. Heads up. Not all americans are knuckle dragging grand theft auto 4 playing empty headed neanderthals.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LOYAL

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
Plus you called me "disloyal"... doubt that applies since Im a) British and b) Indian. I thought you would have guessed by now

i swear i had an idea that you re indian from the start of this thread

because no one else talks so deeply about Pakistani politics unless one is a Pakistani or Indian

Thats definitely true

Reply to JPM: Stop conflating what Loyal said to be a personal attack or insult to Americans. He meant that nobody cares about the issues of India-Pakistan as much as Indians or Pakistanis- fair point wouldn't you say?

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
maybe I am a little confused with your last message loyal.
Did you mean to say that if Iraq had any WMD or Nukes that they would have won the war? That they would have existed for longer than a day?
...You are right to say that we would not have wasted 4,000 of our troops lives over there. You are right that there would be absolutely no sectarian violence....
Do you understand that there is no ground war in a head to head war with countries with nukes? How good are your ICBM's?
Someone said you were intelligent, so maybe re think the logic. The U.S. doesn't lose wars in the modern era, and either do the Russian's. Both Countries obviously decided to cut their losses and show restraint, even tuck their arrogant ass tails between their legs. But don't for one second think that means that some third world Country could bring us to our knees if we didn't let them. The Iraq war was done in days, the fricking occupation is endless.
Don't confuse polite money making warfare with war against someone with a nuke. Your Country is far far far less safe with a nuke then they would be without one.....lets see how it plays out with Iran, shall we.
--------------
Hey, ever rip on your brother and there is no issue, but when someone else rips on your brother than there is some serious issue?
I can even handle that. But if someone thinks that the U.S. would have come close to losing a war in Iraq, well that is like forcing me to listen to an hour of Rush Limbaugh. It just is retarded insanity.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LOYAL

If you're really from Pakistan, I won't hold the misspelling of her name against you.

You probably don't know much about her brothers, who still live in the Scranton, PA area, which is where she grew up.

She has two, I think, both of which are looser coke freaks. I doubt there's a lot of articles about that, due to political influence with local police jurisdictions. But it's true from personal experience. I'll be sleeping with my gun tonight, rest assured! I wouldn't want to get "suicided," what with three kids and a beautiful wife to support!

Bill was a good President. Hillary would not be.

[edit on 9-5-2008 by cryingindian]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Well, come the primary here in a few weeks, I will vote for Hillary. I hope she wins the election and becomes our president. She was in Louisville yet again today! I like her the best, well, I like Ron Paul but lets face it, he is not a viable candidate. If he had a chance, I would vote for him.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
NO Soulslayer, that is not a fair point. He was absolutely right.
Gee, let me think, two Countries that hate each other and both have nukes and are constantly fighting and starting crap against each other in the Mts.
ohhh, nooo, why would any of us care about that.
Anyone with half a brain is concerned about what you two countries are up to with each other.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

all i meant there is no way one country can defeat another esp., the ones who have got nukes...

President Mushraff once said (long before) to rival India that we can not afford any long term with india since we already outnumbered by them... therefore we would be forced to fire nukes for our survival.... i think this message is clear..

I did not mean we will defeat US ... but thing is if you have got a bicycle and you bump into a BMW car who is gonna loose more... of course the Driver of BMW... so all i meant US is gonna loose more if they attack Pakistan however i know it's never gonna happen

I was just condemning 'Barak' for making blunt statement like invading Pakistan and being 'naive' and i never knew saying that would become my worst nightmare

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
Gee, let me think, two Countries that hate each other and both have nukes and are constantly fighting and starting crap against each other in the Mts.
Anyone with half a brain is concerned about what you two countries are up to with each other.

Are you honestly trying to tell me that you understand the highly complicated, emotional, moral, ethical and political issues surrounding the India-Pakistan debate better than an Indian or a Pakistani?!

You may be concerned and worried, yes. But I highly doubt that you are more informed of the situation than either Loyal or myself. These are not political issues for us... we have actually lived them.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Now that is something I have heard nothing about at all.
Hilary's brothers.
...and I can't see how someone would be for Ron Paul and then go Clinton?
Don't be surprised to see a McCain/Clinton ticket. Clinton is more Liberman than Liberman is. Hell, Clinton is more McCain than McCain is now that he is so concerned with courting the Republican base and what the hell is the deal with Hagee? Is McCain going to get a pass with his nut job "spiritual" supporters. Farwell included.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

If you like him, he's a viable candidate. Vote for him and spread the word. Hillary is a corporate owned lap dog. How else do you explain the "settlement" of the Clintons in NY state? They governed over Arkansas, didn't hey? Why didn't they go back?

I'm reallyt not that bright, but I'm fed up with people who say I'm not voting for so and so because they won't win.

I proudly "wasted" my vote in the PA primaries. To show the mainstream media that I, for one, am not buying what they're selling.

You like Ron Paul becuase he's the only one without dirt. Think about that, if you would, PLEASE!

I went to basic at Fort Knox, and even attended a church chior concert in Louisville. The people there are WONDERFUL! And what can I say about the mystique of the Louisville Slugger?! Come on, it doesn't GET ANY MORE AMERICAN!!!!

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa

oh man you got it wrong... i did not mean that... our american cousins do know alot more

But the post of soulslayer led me believe either he is Pakistani or Indian ' caz he was talking in a tone that is typical of Pakistani or Indian that was my point

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Are you kidding? Did I come off as someone that would say that I understand "your" politics?
Do I need to understand anything more than there are "complex" "deep rooted" and "serious" issues between the two Countries? Did you need to understand the "Cold War" between the Soviets and the U.S.?
That is just great that these issues are personal to you but the ramifications are personal to the rest of us.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Oh, thanks for the correction about 70% of them have me fooled.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Cryinindian,
I switched parties just so I could vote for Mike Huckabee. I feel your pain brother. I wish I could vote for Paul but I can't let McBush get the Whitehouse so I am going with Obama. BUT if for some reason Clinton is the other choice than I am moving to England or Australia.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

This is the last post I will make on this issue, because it is turning into an argument rather than a debate

I'm just questioning your credentials and ability to comment on the situation.

Do you know the entire back history of both countries, or the cause of the problems?

Do you understand the roadblocks to peace? Or why the situation is currently the way it is?

If you think you do then by all means please continue.

All Im saying is that unless you have studied the issue in depth with a focused attitude, I doubt that you will be able to form a reasoned judgement.

I freely admit that I do not know the full extent of the Israel- Palestine debate. I admit that I do not know the extent of the IRA- Loyalist troubles in Northern Ireland, because I have not studied these issues.

To comment on an issue without knowledge is a waste of time on both sides.

Indians and Pakistanis do know the details of the issues surrounding this debate because it is mainstream news in those countries. I doubt Kashmir keeps popping up on Fox news somehow.

Again, if you think you can contribute then please do.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
urgh, groff, snort. Sorry i just finished off an antelope and my american mind is waning on the issues. I'll retreat to my cave.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   

If you go surfing watch out for the Great White sharks!!!

Check out my "The Way to Start the Revolution" thread.

Keep the faith, brutha!

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by cryingindian

Do this google Search if you don't believe me: "Hillary Clinton's Brothers"

That's all I'm going to say about that!!!

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Dude, what is up with the India Pakistan politics argument?
I already explained that I have very little knowledge of the details. I just know there is a serious problem. a serious problem between neighbors with Nukes! Do I really need to know more to be concerned?
If you want to teach me about your politics then great. I have no problem with that. I was and am, just saying that I "know" you two Countries have some serious issues and because you have Nukes, it is a concern for everyone.
------------
Loyal, .........exactly! that is why we bailed on Vietnam and why the Russians bailed in Afghan. And why we will or better bail on Iraq. BUT, I just know our leaders know this but for some reason $$$$$ it seems in their interest to keep these dumb things going. Spend munition so we can buy more, newer, cooler stuff. We are such a consumer driven country.
....oh, there is so much more to the whole thing but it is so tedious.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join