It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apology from energy_wave. Should he be allowed to post again?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
UPDATE! June 12th, 2004 energy_wave recently attempted to pull a second hoax on ATS members. The thread you are reading now is his apology from a previous hoax in February of 2004. Read the information on the more current hoax in this newer thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Orignal post that started this thread from February 28th, 2004 at 12:21 PM GMT Ever since the hoax energy_wave caused, he has been banned from posting, due to a serious breach of the Terms and Conditions. He's asked that he be allowed to post again, and I suggested that he write an apology to the membership, since it is you he attempted to hoax. Here is what he recently sent...

To all AT's membership... I would like to apologize for my recent behavior reguarding the announcement on Feb.9th 2004 thread. I have been a member here for almost a year. I have contributed much to this board and would like to continue doing so. I have made many friends here. It was not my intention to cause any harm or hurt feelings. I am not the type of person who plays hoax's upon people. My intent was mearly to send traffic to a website from my hometown which I found out was going to officaly open on the 9th of february. There was so much interest in aliens and ufo's on that thread that I began to play along those lines in an attemt to maintain interest. Please review my past posting habbits and you will see that I have a history of contributing for the most part quality information, although I'm not allways up to snuf in spelling and puncuation. My deapest apology to Simon Gray whom without his efforts people like myself would have no place to discuss such informative topics. SkepticOverloard... Please accept my apology for trying to post when I shouldn't be. Your under enough stress as it is keeping the AT's website up and running and doing a fine job I must say. I promise I will not post anything out of line with the rules and regulations any more. In closing, I once again ask for your combined forgivness and allow me the honor of being able to post upon the holyst of message boards, Abovetopsecret.com AT's is the best!!! Sincerily Energy_Wave

More on June 12th, 2004: Please do not provide your opinion on energy_wave's member status, as he has been banned for good this time. [edit on 12-6-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Give him one more chance IMO...

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Blatant attention seeking, let him back but ban him from posting in that forum again.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The apology seemed genuine. I say let him back.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
well, i hate to be the odd one out, but i say keep him gone.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I think the lesson has been learned.

Peace,
BG

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
He should have a mod as a parole officer. If he trolls or posts crap then blast him back to Attica!

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Back on probation... and put up an ads section where folks who want to advertise their websites can pay to keep an ad up for a day, a week, or a month?

(with the disclaimer that ATS does not sanction the ads and their appearance doesn't mean agreement with the website)

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Bring him back. Out side of that asinine thing he did, he has contributed a lot of good stuff.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Everyone deserves a second chance.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Bring him back!!

looking back on his posts he has always seemed to contribute well.

I think this was just a one off and he should be brought back.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
Everyone deserves a second chance.

well most people do

can someone please find the thread that he got banned for??

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I say give him another chance. As, nada said, "everyone deserves a second chance"

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Let him in, hoaxes are an occupational hazard on ATS..

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I think his apology was sincere. What he did was wrong, he admitted the wrong-doing, so let's move on. I don't see him being a repeat offender like other people given a second chance (or 3rd, or 4th.....)

Vote yes on proposition 401727. Let energy_wave back on ATS.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I say let him back in.

I know how it is to lose ur temper or go overboard in something. I've done it here before and been banned too. I learnt my lesson and apologised and got let back in.

I say give him another chance. apology accepted and hope he's learnt his lesson.

I know i've had some nice discussions with him

[Edited on 28-2-2004 by DaRAGE]

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Well I think he was a fool who should have seen what was coming , but having said that, the apology seems sincere, and after all if he plays up again he can always be banned permanently. I'm all for giving second chances,so why not, yes let him back in

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I think he should be punished.

Make him have an avatar of an animated .gif that blinks bright rainbow colors and says,"I AM A BIG FAT LIAR" for a month or something.

Or some community service or something. (Mods get creative, I can't think of anything).

Or make his signature read, "I LIKE BOY BANDS" and link it to the Official Menudo website.

Or have him post a 17, 000 word essay on, "What 'Deny Ignorance' Means To Me".

Or we could just see if he floats or not...

Oh, and apology accepted.

DeltaChaos

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
What exactly did he do? whjat was the hoax???

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I don't see why not. He admitted what he did.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join