It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Create panel to prep for space aliens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I just saw this article about a guy from Denver who's proposing the creation of a commision to deal with the arrival of space aliens.

Rocky Mountain News

"It is important because if you're driving down the highway and you saw a crash of a small spaceship and a car or a bus full of kids, you really wouldn't know what to do," Peckman said Thursday. "Do you wait for the hazardous materials experts to show up because of potential contaminants from another solar system? What do you do? People really don't know."

I'm wondering what my fellow ATS members think of this proposal. And as I'm not from the states I also want to know whether the US government already has an agency specifically designated to handle close encounters?

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
You wait for the military to come and tell you that you did not see nothing and it was just an air balloon.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Unfortunately I didn't quite ask what one should do in a close-encounter event but I did ask if an agency or branch of the US government has been created to handle this kind of situation.

Yes or No.

If not, then shouldn't one be created? Or do we all think that a military response would be the best that the US, or the Earth - for that matter; could offer in the case of an alien visitation?

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by toreishi
Unfortunately I didn't quite ask what one should do in a close-encounter event but I did ask if an agency or branch of the US government has been created to handle this kind of situation.

Yes or No.

If not, then shouldn't one be created? Or do we all think that a military response would be the best that the US, or the Earth - for that matter; could offer in the case of an alien visitation?

No. No agency or branch of the US government has been created to handle this type of scenario...

...officially

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Mark Roazhar

Thank you. With that clarified and out of the way I hope some people/members here would participate and share their opinion (comments, etc) on this initiative to form such a committee, especially those in the Denver area. Here's another quote from the source website:

Peckman hopes to collect enough signatures - he needs about 4,000 - to get the proposed initiative on the November ballot. ...the proposed initiative is "a shortcut to disclosure of the knowledge of extraterrestrial beings on Earth and interacting with people on Earth."

Hopefully this person is legit and isn't just doing this out of sheer boredom or for otherwise odd personal reasons. Seems like 4,000 signatures isn't too much to ask in exchange for the possibility of disclosure. What do you guys think?

[edit on 5.9.08 by toreishi]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
One of the items that I remember hearing is that there is a protocol in place by the U.N. as no one individual can officially represent the Earth, and the Ronald Reagan addressing the point to the UN back in the 80s

That might be a place to start the petition from.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I would take ET out for a few pints, game of pool, game of darts. If she was a hot female EBE i would spoil her and buy her some pork scratchings as well. She would have to be REAL hot though

then when shes sufficiently blathered, back to casa expat , i twat her on the head, lock her up the cellar and call the Sun Newspaper and offer them piccies for £250,000

Happy days

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
As far as a group designed to deal with the extra-terrestrial encounters, I don't believe it will be a publically announced organization until after a disclosure type effort has been undergone...

Now as far as what I would do...I think i would attempt to gather as many items as possible(including a corpse/alien), and start looking for bidders. Forget the government...they would just take my stuff, and kill me off or something. Bastards...

Lotsa pics would be taken...and sold! Yeah capitalism...

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by toreishi

"It is important because if you're driving down the highway and you saw a crash of a small spaceship and a car or a bus full of kids, you really wouldn't know what to do," Peckman said Thursday.

If this is the same Peckman... Jeff Peckman that's involved with the Romanek scam, then I would automatically discount any words that came out of his mouth. In fact if it's out of Denver, then I'd imagine it is the same guy.

IRM

new topics

top topics

join