It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life before birth... Knowing your reason for being here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
For those thinking this is a past life thread, look somewhere else.

How do you know where you were before you even conceived?

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I wasn't anywhere.

That being said I remember the day I attained consciousness of self. I must have been 9 months old or so..I remember being in crib, green, looking up at a ceiling stained with water. This experience makes me wonder sometimes where "I" was before then.

Or maybe I just suffer form hyper imagination.

" I " became at around 24 weeks I reckon. There was/is nothing before that.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Yeah you were, you were in the same place you go to when you die. The afterlife. You (your consciousness) have always existed in some form or another. That's my opinion.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
i was swimming in my father's pool.

i really dont know, and i am sure nobody knows.

[edit on 9-5-2008 by CzErased]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Hi Ihavenoidea,

I can steer you in the right direction on this issue so you can indeed have an idea.

Originally posted by Ihavenoidea

That's the big question now, isn't it?

Knowing one's past in order to more fully understand oneself now and to be able to set a direction for the future.

The period in-between incarnations is called the Interlife and memories of that time is where you will find the answer to your inquiry.

This usually takes a while.

Like a big jigsaw puzzle, you get a little awareness here, a little awareness there, and slowly piece it together.

One route is meditation. Pray daily for spiritual guidance and then be open to receiving that guidance in meditation as well as in dreams. See the link in my signature and go to our page on Spiritual Correspondence, as this will greatly help you find the answer to your question through direct mystical means.

Another route is to seek out a certified hypnotherapist who specializes in past-life regression therapy. Get a referral. Make it clear that you desire to unlock memories of your Interlife before you entered your current body.

Yet another avenue is to seek out, again through referral, a spiritual medium who has insight on this topic. This seems like the easiest route but I have found that a lot of distortion comes through most who channel past-life and Interlife awareness. So take it all with a grain of salt and meditate on all that is given in order to find your own validation through your feelings and through logical analysis.

If it doesn't feel quite right, then it probably isn't completely accurate.

For example, if a psychic or medium tells you that you were a Greek mathematician in a former life but you have no talent in math, then you can safely assume that that awareness is erroneous.

I have a great example to offer from my own experience

In my late teens, I met a much older women who did a form of automatic writing. Her guides called themselves The Helping Hand. I asked them many spiritual and metaphysical questions, one of which was about past lives.

They stated that I had a life in the Middle Ages of a highly priestly nature.

That felt right.

I pressed on in my questioning and they stated that it was at St. Michael's in England, that I was a monk there, and that I liked to paint the beautiful pictures of the Bible.

That didn't feel quite right, if only because I have very little artistic ability.

Years go by.

I am now in my mid-twenties and befriend a Ph.D. in Anthropology at a Seth metaphysical group in Northern Virginia. He was also an intuitive.

One day out of the blue he spontaneously channels that I was an Albigensian nun in my last life.

The proverbial gong went off in my soul

So now it began to make sense. I went on to get a history degree and did my senior thesis on The Albigensian Crusade, and became an expert on the Cathars. The Vatican called them Albigensians because many of the "heretics" lived in the town of Albi. What they called themselves were Cathari.

Oh yes, I had a life of a highly priestly nature in the Middle Ages. But this business about me being a Catholic monk was completely wrong.

I was not male but female and I was not Catholic but one of the Cathar clergy, a reincarnationist sect in the Thirteenth Century in what was then Languedoc but now called the South of France. Female priestesses, who had more authority in the church than their nun counterparts in Catholicism, were called Parfaits.

The women who did the automatic writing was Catholic. And she likely also was at least influenced by Catholic spirits.

Catholic mercenaries destroyed the Cathars (along with many Christians) in the infamous Albigensian Crusade to destroy the Cathar church, which paved the way for the horrific Spanish Inquisition.

Did the automatic writer being Catholic have anything do to with the fact that I was steered away from knowing about my life in a sect that was considered heretical and a threat to Roman Catholicism?

You bet it did

Politics.

If you stick with it long enough, as I did, you will eventually come to re-learn about all the recent and significant incarnations that you have had, as well as your life's purpose.

One final note.

Most people are not noble and do not have a noble purpose for being here.

So if you truly feel that you have a life purpose and an important one, then you are in the relative minority of those that do.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Paul_Richard

Well, had a PLR session done once, but the guy said I couldn't relax enough to to it...

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Ihavenoidea

I'm going to recommend a book. It is know by two different names but either version is what you are needing.

The Philosophy of a beautiful life

The philosophy of Immortality

Either version is a rare gem.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Astonishing....
Some people don't even read the OP. Or perhaps they can't understand it.

Personally, I don't know where I was before I was conceived, if anywhere.
I'm not sure that I can even take it for granted the immortality of the "soul"

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

The general idea is no one is supposed to know or remember. One who does is, how do you say it? one of them. the fallen. a runaway. AWOL. how ever one may want to think.

Just an opinion.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I don't really know either but thanks for the book links.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Astonishing....
Some people don't even read the OP. Or perhaps they can't understand it.

In order to understand the Interlife and one's life purpose (if any - as most don't have one), one has to embrace ALL past experiences.

Originally posted by whaaa
Personally, I don't know where I was before I was conceived, if anywhere.

Why doesn't that surprise me?

reply to post by Paul_Richard

Well, had a PLR session done once, but the guy said I couldn't relax enough to to it...

Keep at it, strive to be able to get into a meditative state on your own, and also explore the other options I suggested.

It took me years and it may also take you years as well

Good luck.

new topics

top topics

join