It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Concerned That Tensions Between Russia and Georgia Could Escalate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   

US Concerned That Tensions Between Russia and Georgia Could Escalate

www.voanews.com

A U.S. official is expressing concern that tensions between Russia and Georgia could lead to armed conflict. U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for European Affairs Daniel Fried used an appearance before a congressional panel Thursday to appeal to both countries for restraint.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
The US is seems to be trying to divert the attention from themselves. I have noticed the Iran stories are getting quieter and Georgia is heating up.
Why is it that when there was talk of the US going into Iran it was all warrented and necessary but when Russia wants to help defend its own people the US is up in arms?

"What we fear is that with so much tension, so many armed people in close proximity and a record of provocations, there can be a spark setting off a wider problem and suddenly you are dealing with deaths, shootings, and an out-of-control incident. We worry about that a great deal," he said.[/ex[

What is happening in the M.E. then?!?!

www.voanews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
You know, this brings me back to that 'letter' georgie sent to putin,
what was in that letter?

why now is russia rubbing up georgie, when theres a changing of the guard?

maybe we traded georgia for iran?

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Are you suggesting maybe the letter was to arrange a 'war' pre election as part of his bid to stay in?
Im not sure the letter had Georia in mind. I thought that was more Serb/Kosovo related....but then it could have been for the same outcome, and Georgia has recently become more volatile so is more viable....Something to consider but I doubt Russia and the US are mates enough for something like this

top topics

join