It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seizing Water: The Water Restoration Act Of 2007

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Seizing Water: The Water Restoration Act Of 2007

waronyou.com

The Water Restoration Act of 2007 would federalize all inland and coastal waters from any source. This act is needed to set the stage for the privatization guaranteed to corporations under CAFTA and would effectively convert the entire water supply from any source into a commodity.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Another provision being kicked around to keep a VERY close eye on IMO...I have long been theorizing that water was next on the list of the endlessly greedy and power hungry elitists, and sure enough-The Water Restoration Act Of 2007 at your service! Federalization, Privatization, Corporatization of our most valuable necessity for life--Completely controlled, regulated, and profited on by the same scum profiteering on wars, and everything else that oppresses the peons!

Let's pray this insanity doesn't go through and pass.

The Water Restoration Act 2007 relies heavily on promotion based on protecting the water supply from pollution, from terrorists, and of course “national security”. The truth is it has nothing to do with any of these things. The WRA will allow unfettered pollution with no recourse for communities or individuals and “trade illegal” treatment of local and state laws. Before the entire water supply can be sold off to private interests the federal government must gain control of the entire water system. This is what the WRA will do.

This Act would be more aptly titled “The Water Confiscation Act” as this is exactly what is intended. All it is set to do is to strike down the Public Trust Doctrine and facilitate the conversion of water from a basic human right into a commodity. The only threat to “national security” here is from the government and the massive corporations who are behind it.

waronyou.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Okay, located it on the official gov web-site. It's official title is:

H.R. 2421: Clean Water Restoration Act of 2007

www.govtrack.us...

Wording looks somewhat vague, but these guys taking over EVERY waterway gives me the creeps, for sure. Particularly with their track record of dishonesty and turning everything into a wealth bilking scheme...

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
There’s no doubt that total control is the goal, and that means control of water. Here are a few more resources on the subject.

The collection of rainwater will of course be controlled.
www.thirdworldtraveler.com...

takomagardener.typepad.com...

www.johnbutlertrio.com...

As well as water from private wells.

www.citizenreviewonline.org...

www.mayanmajix.com...

Act now folks, while we still have the ability.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
During a 'UNICEF' trip to Paraguay undertaken by President Bush's daughter, she brokered the purchase of a huge portion of Paraguayan property which sits over what is reported to be one of the largest unspoiled aquifers in the South American continent.

It's Bush property now. Things that make you go, "hmmmmm...,"

Starred and Flagged DD - This will probably be the most under appreciated development on the board for some time. Once they have the water, I will have to reconsider the 'intensity' of my dissent. Mess with water and your messing with life itself.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

More good news from the NWO.

I guess that way it will be ten times easier for them to properly flouridate all water.

And then know one will be able to question it at all.

Hurray, life is peachy.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It yet amazes me that anyone believes there is any validity left to the federal government and their system of 'law'.

Privatize a natural resource and give it to corporations. Make it illegal to drink from a stream in the woods. If this happens the guards protecting the privatized water sources better have some darn good bulletproof armor on them.

More people need to follow Rational Anarchy (as defined by Heinlein.)

I for one no longer take as valid this entire system of fiat government. Let them try to prevent us from using our water. I'll trade them a slug for a sip.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
A sigh of relief though at the fact that the previous bills have been killed, and that this one seems to be stagnant for a year (check the link that DD gave to the actual bill.)

Interesting title for the previous bills, notice they took the word Authority out of the 2007 version:

107th Congress: H.R. 5194: Clean Water Authority Restoration Act - Dead
108th Congress: H.R. 962: Clean Water Authority Restoration Act - Dead
109th Congress: H.R. 1356: Clean Water Authority Restoration Act - Dead
110th Congress: S. 1870 - Introduced

While the previous versions didn't pass, I don't put it past them to try again to pass more and more laws taking away what should be granted to any free human.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ionized

Agreed, it is a relief that it hasn't passed...YET.

But like you said, they are changing the language behind it , to not appear so blatant and transparent. This--And the ever-predictable lack of exposure from any corpomedia oulet, sends up red flags for me, because there's a pattern we have seen with these types of control / profit endeavors: If they don't initially pass, they change the language just slightly, and then go behind closed doors to negotiate these interests, outside of public scrutiny and awareness...

MBF

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ionized

The government came a few months ago and put a flow meter on my irrigation system. I asked questions of course. He said that they wanted to determine the water usage in the state. I told him that if they put anything on the system that would prevent me from irrigating when I needed to, I would take it off. I told him that the "monitoring" was just a first step to controlling the water.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
they are doing crazy stuff like that in my community too .
first last year they put out a letter that said if you didn't pay your bill by due date they would automatically cut off your water which is in violation of state utility rules which state they can't terminate a utility without a notice and it must be no earlier than five business days after notice was sent. also reconncet fee went from 1 percent of bill to 30 dollars. now if you are a renter starting in january 2008 you can no longer have your water bill in your name it has to be in land lords name and no you don't get back your 100 dollar deposit. and finally anybody who lives outside city limits we are going to charge a 40 dollar a month fee if the water line is able to be accessed from your address. what does that mean if water line passes by your property they are gonna send you a 40 dollar a month bill even if you have a well.unfortunately i have city water my bill is 127 every month because of stupid 40 dollar extra fee. i live in nc

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Good find, DD!

Needless to say, I've already put a Tracker on it & intend to fight it all the way!

I've also seen your other, related thread, starred & flagged both.

[edit on 1-6-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
There are groundwater conservation districts being voted into place all over the state of Texas. People are caught up in the fear of the larger cities taking rural water. But the state has over all control anyway and the districts have to work with the rules the state created.

Basically land owners get to pay a tax to fund the district and yet the district cannot stop all water export but supposedly limit it. Unless major changes are made to the political system, big business will pay the government for the water and they will get it.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Starred and Flagged, great Thread DD. This website never fails to get my temperature rising. I can only hope there are enough decent people left in our government to continue to kill these kinds of bills. not likely though, the allure of money and power overcomes even the greatest men eventually.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gigatronix
...the allure of money and power overcomes even the greatest men eventually.

...Which I think would be a good reason to introduce a Bill (to become an Amendment) that places a certain, definite limit on terms. Currently, the Judicial Offices can serve for Good Behavior (Judicially interpreted, "for life") & Congressional seats may be maintained as long as the voting system keeps them in (not to mention the current controversies surrounding the voting system notwithstanding). Career politicians are usually the worst politicians: Those first few generations of People who served in government considered national service to be just that...A service to the nation. They thought of such Civic Duty to be an interruption of their lives, not a career for life.

[edit on 1-6-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Can't really say I haven't seen this coming or something...

The dramatically rising cost of electric service, I swear it about doubled since last year from about $40 for my little 2bdrm apt, to more like 70-$80+...

The cost of oil. I really don't need to comment on this one, as I'm sure everyone is aware.

And the cost of food. Mainly fresh fruits and veggies. Bread. Other people who eat meat might be seeing that increase right now??
Crap processed food stays the same, somehow...

Ok, so... If they decide to try and make RENTERS pay for water, I will know something is up. Right now, it's covered in rent... Ever-increasing price.. Maybe there is a coincidence...

Does this at all tie into Codex Ailmentarius? To wipe out so many billions of people? Or is it just those same few, just making another wealth grab?

-another question, where do we go to buy stocks on necessities like water?

By the way, anyone think it's funny when Stereotypes prove to be correct? Tony Blair is being interviewed on CNN, and he's got some gnarly teeth

[edit on 1-6-2008 by LostNemesis]

new topics

top topics

join