It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Guilt

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Oh, and BTW, most slaves were captured in Africa by other blacks and then sold to slave traders. Shouldn't most if not all anger be directed at their descendants instead of people living in the U.S. now?

It takes 2 sides to make a sale. The buyer and the seller. But if that's how you justify it, then hey, go for it.

And it's not the black leaders that keep us down. We had black leaders who were keeping us going and strong, and then, when black people put up too much of a fuss, our leaders were assassinated.

That's not even mentioning the illicit drugs that were imported specifically for sale in the ghettos for the black population to become addicted to and then less of a problem.

There's a lot more too. I could list thousands of cases where the system kept the black population from being too vocal, or too much of a hassle, but I think it's pretty obvious.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
And why is that? Because a some of a certain race REFUSES to let it go and move on and be accountable for their actions TODAY. Some of a certain race CHOOSE to remain segrated all awhile crying racism in the same breath.

Seriously. It is time to lay down the excuses and move forward in this

I understand bitterness. I have been very bitter over things done to ME. But that is MY fault. Not the people who did me wrong.

Again, most people crying about this stuff NEVER experienced slavery.

No, you completely missed the context in which I was speaking.
I say the "Residue of Slavery" in reference to inequality because that has affected quite a few families from growth. Now does the inequality take sole blame? No. I never said that, simply allow yourself to understand that the inequality experienced kept plenty of families from rising above.

Alot of people as a result of Unequal Opportunity were forced to raise their kids in poverty. Now any person with brains will tell you that growing up in poverty, you're extremely suscpetible to the same future because many factors come into play. I am not justify the people who make excuse and complain of their conditions... Just know that Slavery, which created inequality, which created oppression of families plays a role (Large or small, I'm not discussing the mass) in the downfall of some black people. That is what I'm referring to when I say residue of slavery.

I don't expect you to understand though, not too many people understand the concept of empathy. Its easier to judge and blame, That goes for both sides of the argument aswell.

And as far as residue of slavery is concerned... It mainly has a subconscious effect. I really hate discussing race issues, I really do. I just never run into people who can be open-minded enough to see both ends of the spectrum. Each side rather sit back and defend their stance blinded by the division amongst them.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

After the "illicit drug experiment" didn't work, you forgot to mention the AIDS virus being developed to help wipe out black people.

It's so easy to sit back and blame everyone else for all the problems instead of taking charge of your own situation.

[edit on 5/8/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
And it's not the black leaders that keep us down. We had black leaders who were keeping us going and strong, and then, when black people put up too much of a fuss, our leaders were assassinated.

That's not even mentioning the illicit drugs that were imported specifically for sale in the ghettos for the black population to become addicted to and then less of a problem.

There's a lot more too. I could list thousands of cases where the system kept the black population from being too vocal, or too much of a hassle, but I think it's pretty obvious.

Remember though, sheep are simply conditioned tools. Its a no wonder when you mention the likes of Bobby Seale and Huey P. or Malcom X to some of these people, they immediately assume that they were hateful. Some often compare the Black Panther Party to KKK as if Black Panthers were spreading any sort of hate. As if Black Panthers actions of defense weren't perfectly justifiable. As if they wouldn't take the same course of action were they in the situation. What most these sheep will fail to assess is that people like Black Panther actually had a great effort in trying to unify all people to dismantle the crooked Gov't.

Instead what you get are distort facts, misrepresentations, and complete fabrications that these sheeps, even to this day swallow down their throats. They eat he propaganda like their favorite meal, Media comes on and its dinner time. We have dudes like Fred Hampton who were unjustly killed for trying to unify people but these sheeps rather remain ignorant. They rather sustain the lines of division because they're conditioning won't allow them to view the bigger picture.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

After the "illicit drug experiment" didn't work, you forgot to mention the AIDS virus being developed to help wipe out black people.

It's so easy to sit back and blame everyone else for all the problems instead of taking charge of your own situation.

CIA Jet wrecks with 4 Tons of Cocaine - www.dailykos.com...

Hmm...
Maybe they were just having a couple test flights, surely no harmful intentions.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChronMan

I don't expect you to understand though, not too many people understand the concept of empathy. Its easier to judge and blame, That goes for both sides of the argument as well.

Have to agree with your last sentence. Trying to blame all white people alive today for what some blacks and some whites did 400 years ago also qualifies as unfairly judging and blaming.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Have to agree with your last sentence. Trying to blame all white people alive today for what some blacks and some whites did 400 years ago also qualifies as unfairly judging and blaming.

Perfect example...

All you seem worried about is defending your side of the argument without having a slight bit of empathy towards the other. Its pointless debating race issues on here (Or anywhere for that matter), nothing is ever accomplished because everyone wants to their illusionary borders.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChronMan

Perfect example...

All you seem worried about is defending your side of the argument without having a slight bit of empathy towards the other. Its pointless debating race issues on here (Or anywhere for that matter), nothing is ever accomplished because everyone wants to their illusionary borders.

On the contrary, I've been hammered with your arguments for my entire life. Maybe what you're experiencing from me is a (genetic - as I think you said) weariness of hearing it yet again.

Read my lips, "I didn't do it. And I don't know anyone who did." And I'll even go so far as to say, "You weren't a slave and don't know anyone who was."

On the other hand, I can see (alive) people all over the place that are only "worried about" trying to make some money off of me and the other innocents of this age.

Oh, and BTW, nice sidestepping of all the points I made in my previous posts.

[edit on 5/9/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
What exactly do I have to be guilty about?

There's no way any of that can be attached to me since I didn't exist, plus I have enough brains to know it.

I live my own life and take cafe of myself. Many people are weak, needy, and pathetic (blacks, whites, whomever), so they will blame and be angry because they live in relative comfort with less and less to point their anger at with each passing day (racially at least).

Also, the black culture (at least as it's known generally, although not really accurate) has been created by situation, and has created itself through the decades. Much of it is self-defeating garbage, yet it continues.

I have no guilt, but many on both sides should feel some.

Many whites keep it going, and many blacks live up to those white folk's expectations, unfortunately.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
OK, I don't think I've seen anyone blame every white American out there. As a matter of fact I think everyone is sort of missing the point. Of course none of you owned slaves. Of course many of you never had ancestors who even lived in the US at the time of slavery. It's also obvious that there are many black people who never had descendants who were slaves. It's not about that anymore.

What it is about is the state of affairs since then. Yes, the CIA was involved in the introduction of crack coc aine into the ghettos. It's almost common knowledge.

My point is don't blame yourselves for slavery, because most black people don't blame the average white guy for slavery. Don't hold any guilt either, because it's useless and not your fault. However, you have to admit that the black population has been getting a raw deal for the past 400 years, and we're just now (not 40 years ago) creeping out of it.

If you're going to hold any guilt at all (although I don't recommend it) feel guilty the way a favorite child feels when he gets an X-Box for Christmas when all his brother gets are socks with holes in them.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyashdenton15

Maybe i should have titled my post a bit better i am by no means saying that white people should feel guilty all i am pointing out is why black people might seem a bitted pissed sometimes also im not saying that other races including the white race have not been through hell and slavery also but im not white or chinese so therefore i cant speak for you that is up to you to post a forum of your own

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   

May i also add that both sides are to blame black and white but dont you see how much black people hate each other they can shoot one another without thought and the famous dont rat your own people out thing that goes on its all because they know they betrayed themselves as a race and dont trust each other

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The only way residue of slavery effects me as a white woman, is angry blacks with a chip on their shoulder about slavery take it out on me for some reason. Even living here in my ignorant city, that isnt happening. Another way the residue of slavery would effect me is if as a white woman in america I am expected to fork over MORE taxes to pay for reparations. I will protest that of course. I still dont see the white guilt. I see white anger if we have to be taxed for anything to do with slavery though.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   

this is just crazy talk.

making people addicts makes them more of a problem. as addicts they then start destroying other people's lives with crime's to fund their habbits. and yes those crimes are often made aginst white people.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

But these scenarios are completely imaginary. It seems to be another irrational fear that some white people have against black people. And there are many!

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
What about the people that sold the Africans to the Western European traders...

You know, that little group of people called Arabs.... no... forgot that... forgot that Mr. Ahmed sold you before Mr. Smith bought you...

ALL PEOPLE, Thorught out history, have been enslaved.

So please, keep your 'acusations' to yourself, and Rev. Wright....

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

It's not the enslavement as much anymore. Please read the thread. It's come to willful oppression of certain ethnic groups by the powers that be. It's also prejudice stemming from a seemingly embedded sense of racial superiority.

And no, I don't mean in the sense that white people want to gas blacks the way the Nazis gassed the Jews. I mean in the sense that often a white person will judge a black man walking down the street as being a thug based solely on their clothes, or their accent when they say hello.

And yes, people still clutch their purses, lock their car doors, and avoid eye contact when they see a group of black youth. Is it racism? Yes. Is it racism racism (like White power Klan stuff) no. It's just so ingrained in the population that it's impossible to get rid of. At least impossible to get rid of in the short span of 40 years.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I've got news for you all:

Look at society we are all slaves, go ahead tell your master you wont be coming to work anymore. See how long you keep.....well anything.

Who exactly do I get to lay a guilt trip on for the slavery I feel today?

Sure sure we dont get beat and such so I'm not trying to make light of that. But ultimately anyone bringing the issue up today never felt it first hand either.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

None of those points are justifications for special treatment.

Slavery is long gone. Segregation is dead.

Take it from someone who's entire country (India) was enslaved for 350 years, only to win independence in 1947. Since that point, India has become the 3rd biggest economy in the world and is rapidly progessing in many respects.

Whereas Africa has regressed after independence, and blacks in American society have not made significant inroads.

Why is this the case? And more importantly, why do you think that special attention and effort should be taken over one racial group? Do you not believe in meritocracy- the ideal that the best candidate should get the place in a university/ job?

I find a parity in the world at the moment which I find refreshing and just. The affirmative action laws in all countries need to be abolished. As long as there is freedom and access to education for the best candidates, irrespective of race, I consider that to be true equality.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

And yes, people still clutch their purses, lock their car doors, and avoid eye contact when they see a group of black youth. Is it racism? Yes.

Perhaps you have a point.

But when the statistics show that 1/3 of black males have a criminal record, don't you think such "precautions" are justified?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join