I want to try to help you understand how offensive your post is. The only way I can do that is to turn it around.
Originally posted by
1) during the (400) years that black people were enslaved for some strange reason a general dislike of the white man came about and trust me you'd be
surprised what can be passed down through genetics alone.
People are not born hating someone. Hate is not passed through your genes. It is passed in the way you are raised. If your parents hate some group of
people, chances are their kids will too, but it has nothing to do with genes.
2) The amount of gold and jewels stolen from our home land our infrastructure in Africa destroyed.
Would you be offended if I said blacks should feel guilty because of the damage they have done to America?
3) Next time your sitting with a black person ask them to go onto ancestry.com and see what comes up when they type in their name they were
separated from family and most black people will never be able to trace their root any further than a few generations and some cant even do
That goes for just about all of the population, not just blacks.
4) 40 years is not a long time the father of a teenager today could be 40 years old or 60 for that matter as a young person my dad could still
sit me down and tell me of the segregation he had to go through 40 years ago and do you think that as soon as the laws were changed that white people
just started letting us hop on the bus beside them overnight.
You keep saying "us" like it happened to you. Things change. Sometimes change takes a little time. People hanging on to the past and starting
threads like,"Reasons white people should feel guilt" really doesn't help put the past in the past, now does it?
5) For 400 years black men were encouraged to (breed) with as many black women as possible without marrying them in order to replenish the
slave trade and black people also did not try to be close to each other in fear that they would get too attached and feel it more when their child or
loved on was sold and it is still carried in us today.
6) Yes we may need more encouragement to learn after 4oo years of being told that you're people are stupid and trust me after 400 years you'd start
to believe it especially when you weren't allowed to go to school while the white kids were and even now it's still believed among some black people
due to things being passed down in families.
Again the words "we" and "us". You can go to school. Your kids can go to school. If people could only let the wrong things that happened in the
past AND WERE CORRECTED, we may actually be able to move on to some real problems.
7) They lost their languages and their names. ( I'm sure they weren't in Africa calling each other Jonathen and Alex)
So? Why the hell should I feel guilty because someone 300 years ago had their name changed?
8) anyone who fails to see that black people who are just as much or even more educated than certain white people have a harder time gaining
recognition in the corporate world.
I can easily turn this around thanks to the way you worded it.
Anyone who fails to see that white people who are just as much or even more educated then certain black people have a harder time gaining recognition
in the corporate world.
9) All other races except white are labeled in America mexican-american, latin-american, african-american even native american but only the
white man is just American why not European-american ?
Actually, I whole-heartedly agree with you on that. I believe political correctness has become absurd.
10) It's still okay for countries in Europe to have grudges against each other for centuries because of an old war but black people cant be a
Countries still exist as an entity. This is the very same country that seceeded from the very same England that exists today. You are not the same
person your great-grandfather was. When you show me one man who was a slave 300 years ago because he was black and is still alive, I'll show you
someone who has a reason to hold a grudge.
11) Now white people are complaining about BET and how black people are racist and causing segregation and conflict when a black police officer
that went to school and studied just as hard as the white ones just 40 years ago wasn't allowed into the police station or allowed to arrest a white
Have you watched BET? Have you heard the lyrics that encourage racism and segregation are played almost non-stop? Again, about the black cop vs white
cop, that was the past. We should feel no guilt for that just as someone should feel no guilt because his great grandpa was a murderer.
12) This may be a new generation btu im sure Rosa Parks grandchildren weren't too chuffed when their grandmother told them of how how she was
thrown off the buss for not giving up her seat to a white lady.
And thus the hate gets passed on to another generation because some people can't try to move on.
13) And just like how there are still people alive from the 60's who were segregated and thrown off buses the segregators are still alive too
a black performer may go to an old folks home and sing now and it's all jolly but 40 years ago they were stoning your mama in the streets its hard to
14) Our identity has been altered more that any other race on earth most black people today have 28% European DNA even the dark skinned ones and you
can look at the light skinned ones and remember that once upon a time no black person had skin that light in tone unless they chose to marry outside
of their color group.
Now this is probably the most racist thing I have see posted on this site.
Are you actually saying we should feel guilt for thinning out your DNA?
Would you be offended if I said blacks should feel guilty for muddying up our pure white DNA?
15) Unlike the chinese and other enslaved people black people lost alot of their their culture also but managed to keep food and music and
dance which are things that can easily be kept unlike religious activities.
Whats stopping you? There is nobody saying you can't worship any way you want to. For some reason, you seem to think that since they couldn't, you
[edit on 8-5-2008 by Tiloke]