I often read post that touch on the subject of race and people are always writing about how slavery and oppression ended for black people ages ago and
they should just get over it. Why are they still angry ? I'll tell you some reasons.
1) during the (400) years that black people were enslaved for some strange reason a general dislike of the white man came about and trust me you'd be
surprised what can be passed down through genetics alone.
2) The amount of gold and jewels stolen from our home land our infrastructure in Africa destroyed.
3) Next time your sitting with a black person ask them to go onto ancestry.com and see what comes up when they type in their name they were separated
from family and most black people will never be able to trace their root any further than a few generations and some cant even do that.
4) 40 years is not a long time the father of a teenager today could be 40 years old or 60 for that matter as a young person my dad could still sit me
down and tell me of the segregation he had to go through 40 years ago and do you think that as soon as the laws were changed that white people just
started letting us hop on the bus beside them overnight.
5) For 400 years black men were encouraged to (breed) with as many black women as possible without marrying them in order to replenish the slave trade
and black people also did not try to be close to each other in fear that they would get too attached and feel it more when their child or loved on was
sold and it is still carried in us today.
6) Yes we may need more encouragement to learn after 4oo years of being told that you're people are stupid and trust me after 400 years you'd start
to believe it especially when you weren't allowed to go to school while the white kids were and even now it's still believed among some black people
due to things being passed down in families.
7) They lost their languages and their names. ( I'm sure they weren't in Africa calling each other Jonathen and Alex)
8) anyone who fails to see that black people who are just as much or even more educated than certain white people have a harder time gaining
recognition in the corporate world.
9) All other races except white are labeled in America mexican-american, latin-american, african-american even native american but only the white man
is just American why not European-american ?
10) It's still okay for countries in Europe to have grudges against each other for centuries because of an old war but black people cant be a bit
11) Now white people are complaining about BET and how black people are racist and causing segregation and conflict when a black police officer that
went to school and studied just as hard as the white ones just 40 years ago wasn't allowed into the police station or allowed to arrest a white
12) This may be a new generation btu im sure Rosa Parks grandchildren weren't too chuffed when their grandmother told them of how how she was thrown
off the buss for not giving up her seat to a white lady.
13) And just like how there are still people alive from the 60's who were segregated and thrown off buses the segregators are still alive too a black
performer may go to an old folks home and sing now and it's all jolly but 40 years ago they were stoning your mama in the streets its hard to look
14) Our identity has been altered more that any other race on earth most black people today have 28% European DNA even the dark skinned ones and you
can look at the light skinned ones and remember that once upon a time no black person had skin that light in tone unless they chose to marry outside
of their color group.
15) Unlike the chinese and other enslaved people black people lost alot of their their culture also but managed to keep food and music and dance which
are things that can easily be kept unlike religious activities.
Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
[edit on 5/8/2008 by Gools]