It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohh, You are just worrying about the economy because you are a guy!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Ohh, You are just worrying about the economy because you are a guy!

www.msnbc.msn.com

MSBNC FRONT PAGE:

Slumping economy: It's a guy thing

They eat from the same dishes and sleep in the same beds, but they seem to be operating in two different economies. From last November through this April, American women aged 20 and up gained nearly 300,000 jobs, according to the household survey of the Bureau of Labor Statistics. At the same time, American men lost nearly 700,000 jobs. You might even say American men are in recession, and American women are not.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
It's a guy thing, if you are worried about the economy, it's because of your level of testosterone.

Yep, Ron Paul was wrong all along, it has nothing to do with spending, it's your biology.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Well time to get a sex change then.

The women are taking over, change while you can!

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
My only guess is its businesses way to cut back on pay because women earn less than men so if you hire a bunch of women your payroll costs go down. That would be my only guess.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
My only guess is its businesses way to cut back on pay because women earn less than men so if you hire a bunch of women your payroll costs go down. That would be my only guess.

Interesting topic to read on .. never would have imagined the situation like this ..

Men work primarily in manufacturing jobs right? So if a plant closes down and send the jobs to China, who gets laid off? Men.

At the same time, whats the fastest growing profession in America? Health care. Who are the nurses? Women.

However, I have a few male nurse friends, if you want a job with guaranteed acceptance.... be a male nurse.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69

you can go to IRAN and get one for free, the kill homosexuals but help transsexuals

a little odd, well no alot odd

i feel lucky i picked a career that has uber security, medical field

it has its ups and downs but i like it

i used to build roads in california and lay new sewer lines

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
This isn't really a good thing. While it would seem interesting if women were paid equally to men, the problem is that most middle class type of jobs are disappearing to be replaced by the menial and underpaid jobs women often do.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69

and all of a sudden, the generic campaign slogan of "change" makes sense.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil

I would not be so sure about that, wait until the babyboomer bubble burst and they die out we will end up with way too many hospitals than people.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
You know there are more children from the baby boomers then any other generation right?

populations are often pyramid like, younger population always on the bottom, always growing..

We will never have "to many" hospitals. Besides, when Boomers are 70, their children will be 40's-50's.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil

I would not be so sure about that, wait until the babyboomer bubble burst and they die out we will end up with way too many hospitals than people.

its not about quantity as much as people needing medical attention and help, well maybe some of it is about numbers

but i thought about it enough to make this move and it has been alright for me, thus far

people are still breeding and people are still getting sick so as bad as that sounds i have both of those going for me haha

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Well come to think about it maybe your right with all the latest influx over the past 3 or 4 decades of imagrants the numbers should be high enough to keep it going.

I was comparing the social security scare a few years back when they said it was going to go broke when the boomers hit retirement becuase of not enough young people to keep the system going

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Well come to think about it maybe your right with all the latest influx over the past 3 or 4 decades of imagrants the numbers should be high enough to keep it going.

I was comparing the social security scare a few years back when they said it was going to go broke when the boomers hit retirement becuase of not enough young people to keep the system going

i think SS is still gonna be broke, they are really taking my dough i know that much atleast 170$ a month they take from me

i feel like im a throw away generation, i dont mind knowing ill work my whole life and when i cant, i live on railroads and trains and eat soups and spare for wine and sleep in corners, ill write books on lizards and atlantis, grow a beard and ride in the ride free area of downtown and stare at young 20-something female cleavage and lick my lips as i stand in the rain when i cant pay the out of ride free zone, ill wobble instead of stand and ill die lonely like a kerouac saint.

new topics

top topics

join