It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's or Angels over Dominican Republic?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Full Article Here

The article talks about a recent sighting over the Dominican Republic when flying from Puerto Plata to Santo Domingo.

"The objects are extremely luminous. If you enlarge them you will notice the lower set of lights are twin diamonds or squares, symmetrical, and unnatural. The upper set of lights are almost amorphous. Both lights seem to disturb the surrounding atmosphere."

I didn't post this in news as I don't see it as much news and more as speculation. However, it is a very recent sighting. I have always considered the possibility of UFO's being Angels or vice-versa, so it's an extremely interesting development to me.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
im inclined to say there angels from the future.. because the camera shot says may 22 2008.... then again if it was recent... it is migrating season ... and angels have wings,... just my distorted opinion..

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Very weird that the date is for May 22, 2008. That alone leaves questions of doubt! Could be anything, not that i don't believe in Space Ships but it is always hard to prove a valid photo or video.

Love and Light

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Camera dates are off many times and some people don't know how to fix them, but nice catch. I didn't notice that!

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Okay, aside from the time stamp, what else do we know about this? Movement, radar, anything new? I would guess reflection off of something, balloon perhaps?

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Maybe aliens love the game of baseball, it is afterall America's pastime, played by Central Americans.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Here is a copy of the e-mail I just sent.

Hello Anthony,
How are you? My name is Jason, and I belong to a message board where we discuss many phenomena, including topics related to U.F.O.s. One of our members has started a discussion regarding your photos from the Dominican Republic. We would love it if you could join us, however if you cannot, I would personally love a few more details of your "sighting". (Such as Radar signature, speed and movement of object, flight path, etc.) The Web site is Abovetopsecret.com , and a direct link to the aforementioned discussion is UFO's or Angels over Dominican Republic? , page 1 .

Please contact me if you have any reservations about joining our board, as I know some of our Skeptics can be antagonistic. Most of us are helpful in identifying unknown anomalies, and above all, stick to our motto, "Deny Ignorance".

Thank you, JasonJNelson

Just so someone here did it, lol....

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

ref: Photo: Angels or UFO's over DR...

Greetings Jason: Thanks for the invite and interest. Regarding the time stamp, I posted in the article that the time stamp was off.. it was taken.. 4/22/08 not.. 5/22/08.

We did not visually see it at the time it was taken. They were noticed after I downloaded them. The pilot reported that Air Traffic Control did not notify him of any traffic on our flight path. Other photos from different positions show them both also.

We eliminated weather or ballons or natural objects like clouds or lightning, as the climate was full visibility, clear weather, and no reports from Air Traffic Control of any traffic in our flight path.

All explainations are welcome. I am very curious. I was contacted by a local person who saw the photos and she said she observed them from the ground on that evening and other evenings as well, moving, stationary, bright, and strange. She contacted a local astronomer, who was viewing it at the same time as well.

Thanks all. Tony Mele

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by anthonymele

Wow, holy hell you got him to join the site. That's awesome Jason. I'm really surprised, talk about bringing the investigation to the front lines.

Tony, do you have a high resolution photo that you could send any of us for further analysis?

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by anthonymele

Hey, thanks so much for the prompt attention to our requests! I am going to move these photos to Inernos , our resident, (and Italian) expert on such matters... Please don't disappear on us!

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by InterestedObserver

I have the photos. I need an e-mail address to forward it to. Internos is called....

Just give me a half hour, we will know how many flags and stars this really needs...

[edit on 9-5-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
First of all, thanks to InterestedObserver for sharing this one, and to jasonjnelson for putting efforts in order to get Anthony Mele to join AboveTopSecret.com: jason, this is the way

Anthony, thank you for taking the time to send me the original image and for joining ATS

exif data:

Basic Image Information Camera: Kodak CX6330
Lens: 5.6 mm (35 mm equivalent: 37 mm)
(Max aperture f/2.7)
Exposure: Auto exposure, Program AE, 1/1,024 sec, f/5.2, ISO 89
Flash: Auto, Did not fire
Focus: Normal
Date: May 22, 2008 9:32:05AM (timezone not specified)
(12 days, 20 hours, 28 minutes, 27 seconds ago, assuming an image timezone of US Pacific)

File: 1,354 × 2,032 JPEG (2.8 megapixels)
347,434 bytes (0.33 megabytes) Image compression: 96%

Aperture Value 5.7
Color Space sRGB
Components Configuration YCbCr
Compression JPEG (old-style)
Contrast Normal
Create Date 2008:05:22 09:32:05
12 days, 20 hours, 28 minutes, 27 seconds ago
Custom Rendered Normal
Date/Time Original 2008:05:22 09:32:05
Digital Zoom Ratio 0
Exif Image Size 2,032 × 1,354
Exif Version 0220
Exposure Compensation 0
Exposure Index 100
Exposure Mode Auto
Exposure Program Program AE
Exposure Time 1/1000
F Number 5.6
File Source Digital Camera
Flash Auto, Did not fire
Flashpix Version 0100
Focal Length 5.6 mm
Focal Length In 35mm Format 37 mm
Gain Control None
Interoperability Index R98 - DCF basic file (sRGB)
Interoperability Version 0100
Light Source Unknown
Make EASTMAN KODAK COMPANY
Max Aperture Value 2.7
Metering Mode Multi-segment
Camera Model Name KODAK CX6330 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA
Orientation Horizontal (normal)
Resolution 230 pixels/inch
Saturation Normal
Scene Capture Type Standard
Scene Type Directly photographed
Sensing Method One-chip color area
Sharpness Normal
Shutter Speed Value 1/1024
Subject Distance Range Unknown
Thumbnail Length 3,296
White Balance Auto
X Resolution 72
Y Cb Cr Positioning Centered
Y Resolution 72

MakerNotes — this group of metadata is encoded in 1,276 bytes (1.2k)

Burst Mode Off
Burst Mode 2 0
Color Mode Saturated Color
Date Time Stamp Mode 768
Digital Zoom 1
Distance 1 15,952
Distance 2 15,382
Distance 3 16,138
Distance 4 16,055
Exposure Compensation 0
Exposure Time 1/1000
F Number 5.23
Flash Fired No
Flash Mode Auto
Focus Mode Normal
ISO 89
ISO Setting Auto
Kodak Image Height 1,354
Kodak Image Width 2,032
Kodak Model CX6330
Metering Mode Multi-segment
Month Day Created 05:22
Panorama Mode 0
Quality Fine
Sequence Number 0
Sharpness Normal
Shutter Mode Auto
Subject Distance 0
Time Created 09:32:05.46
Total Zoom 1
Various Modes 769
Various Modes 2 0
White Balance Auto
Year Created 2,008

File — basic information derived from the file.

Bits Per Sample 8
Color Components 3
Encoding Process Baseline DCT, Huffman coding
Exif Byte Order Big-endian (Motorola)
File Type JPEG
Image Size 2,032 × 1,354
MIME Type image/jpeg
Y Cb Cr Sub Sampling YCbCr4:2:0 (2 2)

Composite
This block of data is computed based upon other items. Some of it may be wildly incorrect if the image has been resized.

Aperture 5.2
Circle Of Confusion 0.005 mm
Date Created 2008:05:22
12 days, 10 hours, 56 minutes, 22 seconds ago
Date/Time Created 2008:05:22 09:32:05.46
Field Of View 51.9 deg
Focal Length 5.6 mm (35 mm equivalent: 37.0 mm)
Hyperfocal Distance 1.32 m
Light Value 14.9
Scale Factor To 35 mm Equivalent 6.6
Shutter Speed 1/1000
Thumbnail Image (3,296 bytes binary data)

I have to state beforehand that the following is just my personal take on this photo, and that i could be completely WRONG.

Fig. 1

The object that has been pointed out is not an unique occurrence in the image: but unlike the other ones (except the one at the bottom-right)
is bright: this gets it interesting.

Fig. 2

There's a strong resembleance between the two objects enhanced here:
this is almost always a clue that drives us toward the reflection option

Fig.3

a gamma correction shows that the darker area IS affected by reflections, this is for sure. Now the problem is what could have created the reflection:
i didn't achieved a conclusion, especially because just a small part of the cockpit is visible;

but i want to share this one just as example

Fig. 4

Now this is just an example i share in order to show how many possible light sources we could find inside the cockpit: both A and B could be

well i can't say anything conclusive, but in my opinion we are looking at reflections created by some reflectant object inside the cockpit:
i cant say more due the lack of details.
The window is scratched and dirty and this doesn't help.
Tony Mele is 100% bona-fide and he also is a very reliable source in my opinion.

Just my 2 cents.

[edit on 9/5/2008 by internos]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Thank you SO much, Internos, for taking the time to come by and analyze these photos. I see what you are talking about with these reflections. I can't wait to get photoshop, lol.

Thanks to "Tony" for stopping by. Anyone who is observant enough to at least bring attention to anomalies, is on the way to "Denying Ignorance".

Sorry this one doesn't seem to pan out, but hey, thats why we do this, right? Rather now than 5 pages into a thread, lol... see you all around...

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Amazing dude. Great work.

watchZEITGEISTnow

top topics

join