It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That Airplane Air You're Breathing Might Be...Ozone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   

That Airplane Air You're Breathing Might Be...Ozone

blog.wired.com

According to a University of California study, ozone levels inside the cabins of some commercial aircraft exceed federal limits, increasing the chance of health problems. While ozone is a good thing when it's blocking the UV rays that cause skin cancer, it's not something you want to be inhaling during your seven hour flight to Dusseldorf. Exposure to in-cabin ozone is linked to a variety of not-so-cool health symptoms including breathing discomfort, headache, and respiratory irritation. Chronic exposure and physical activity (think flight attendants) can magnify the impact.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Additional Links:
www.newscientist.co m

[edit on 5/8/2008 by Choronzon]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
This is crazy. I have flown many times, and the thought never occured to me that I would be inhaling high levels of ozone. It explains though why some people may develop blood clots due to long flights.

I'm sure this information won't be mainstream, with flight companies already going bankrupt, improving the quality of their breathable cabin-air would be the least of their concerns.

blog.wired.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Actually that's one thing the aircraft manufacturers are working on. Boeing is changng how they pressurize with the 787. It's going to have more humidity in the air, and be pressurized at a lower altitude than they currently are. That should help with some of the problems.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I don't want to mess up your thread but its much worse than they want you to know.

www.metafilter.com...

On top of that all flammable surfaces are resprayed every 6 months or less with a fresh coat of flame retardant. Blankets, pillows, carpet, and seats. Payed for your own case of cancer......

A trip halfway around the world is equal to 30 chest xrays. One xray doubles your risk for lukemia over a lifetime.....

new topics

top topics

join