It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things that make you go hmmm.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I was looking at apollo mission pictures and training pictures. A lot of the pictures contradict one another. The Apollo mission 9 shows the astronauts regressing the capsule after splashdown with help from the Navy "Frogman" after splashdown. The commander is wearing a button up collar shirt like suit. Later on shows them exiting the national guard helicopter and eating cake etc. If they was in such a hurry to recover the astronauts why would they take the time to undress. Or better yet how did they undress in the capsule or did they undress?? lol Confusing! I thought they would wear the sapce suit on re-entry. Heres a link to apollo 9 pics. www.najaco.com...

However, after looking at the first apollo mission training pictures it shows them training in thier space suits with the blue and red valves on them and everything. The picture with them floating around in the pool seems odd to me. The only thing missing is the blondes and a keg of beer. hehe. www.najaco.com...

Furthermore, this one picture with them in the pool brings me to another question. If they did regress the capsule and it took more than a day to be rescued and they had to rely on survival, what would happen if they fell in the ocean wearing the suit with no helmet?? Wouldn't the suit fill with water? That seems more a danger to me.

Also on the same site it had this video, it isn't related to any of my questions of apollo missions, but you got to see it! All I can say about is... WTF???
www.najaco.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Are ytou talking about the mission to the moon? Or was that Apollo13?

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I don't know where you got apollo 13 out of that, but I said apollo 9 mission and first apollo mission. First link is apollo 9 and the second link is the very first apollo mission pictures.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Ive seen the pictures and if you look at all of them they dont make sense???

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Well the first apollo mission they trained on regressing or leaving the capsule with their suits on. It shows them in a pool training and out at sea on the other pics training. Then on the otherhand apollo 9 shows them without suits being picked up right after re-entry. How can 3 guys undress out of space flight suits in a tiny capsule buckled in?? It shows them wearing a button up t-shirt like garment suit. Leaving the apollo 9. It doesn't makes sense that they would train in their suits but take time to undress. I hardly believe that they took time to undress to leave the capsule, because the rescue teams priority is to get them out of the capsule and to safety as quickly as possible.

Maybe they did undress I don't know, but why would other missions train in the suits, but on other missions they don't? Which brings up another questions if something drastic did happen and they had to survive for days at sea and wait for a rescue. It seems it would be dangerous to wear a suit with no helmet because if they fell in the ocean the suit would fill with water. To me that seems more of danger to the astronauts. So why would apollo 1 show them training in a pool in space suits with no helmets?? Those pictures contradict each other. It shows them undressed stepping off the helicopter why didn't they take the time to put on a tie too? See where I'm getting at? It just looks staged to me. Then later on eating cake. It would have been bad to open the door and find 3 cooked astronauts that would really ruin the party. Not only that I thought all astronauts have to go into quarantine? I don't know to me it just doesn't make sense.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
why wouldnt they take the time to undress??? i think they re enter without the suits because it could just waist more time....they do want to look good for the snapshots dont they??? i mean who doesnt??

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Yeah the moon mission was Apollo11, and they lied.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Out of all the space flights I ever seen or heard they always wore their suits on re-entry. If they undressed maybe they did. It's strange they got the time to undress and get the red carpet, cake and icecream treatment. How did they know they wasn't going to be lost at sea or burned alive??

That's like you going out in the middle of the ocean in a boat and it start's to sink so you radio mayday for coastguard and after you step off the helicopter your immediately greeted with cake and icecream and beer and 10,000 screaming fans. Don't you think that pre-planning is just a little weird?? I'm just skeptical and it shows how NASA is very capable of putting on a big show.

Now the other part not wearing helmets with their suits in the middle of the ocean is crazy. For those of you don't believe this isn't a hazard try it yourself! Go buy a pair of rubber boot chest waders. Go out in the middle of a lake with water above your head. Jump in and flood them. This will seriously hamper your way of treading water and during your desperate struggle to stay afloat you will exhaust yourself within minutes and you will drown to death.

How the heck can a fighter jet be lauched out of water?

[Edited on 28-2-2004 by sean]

[Edited on 28-2-2004 by sean]

top topics

join