It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'More practising Muslims than Christians in Britain by 2035'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Churchgoers will be out-numbered by practising Muslims in Britain within 30 years, research published today suggests.

By 2035, there will be about 1.96million active Muslims in Britain, compared with 1.63million churchgoing Christians, according to calculations by a religious think-tank.

Up to 4,000 churches could close by 2020 if congregations continue to shrink at current rates, the thinktank warns.

The study goes on to suggest that the number of active Hindus could outnumber Christians after 2050.

But the Church of England moved to discredit the research last night, claiming the results are "flawed and dangerously misleading".

The number of practising Muslims is based on the number who declared they were active in the last national Government census in 2001.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

So is Christianity dying, or more people are the wiser. I'm a firm believer in one do not have to attend church in order to be a practising Christian.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Master_Wii
So is Christianity dying, or more people are the wiser. I'm a firm believer in one do not have to attend church in order to be a practising Christian.

Wiser? Last time I checked, Islam was far more ridiculous and repressive than Christianity.

Really, it's just another facet of - what I call - demographic warfare.

Think about it:
Say you are ethnicity X and want to control land Y. Y is populated by ethnicity Z. There are already some members of your tribe in Y, but are a minority compared to Z. However, X persons have greater birthrates than Z persons. Do you:
1. Encite the X minority to rebel against the Y majority?
or
2. Encourage your fellow Xers to "have as many babies as possible"?

Option 2 is the best as there are no casualties suffered, and no risk that the X minority in question will be extinguished.

But I digress:
The fact of the matter was - in the 1970s - the leaders of Western Europe noticed that birth-rates of their respective countries were below "replacement" , which is almost anathema to their vaunted desire for greater, and greater, economic growth.
The solution?
Invite non-whites emigrate en-mass to Western Europe:
The former colonial powers of France and Britain gained migrants from Africa/the Middle East, and the Carribbean/Indian sub-continent respectively, while Germany had to make do with Turkish "guest workers". Even America decided to join the act, and we now see something of a demographic flood of "Latin Americans" (specifically Mexicans) to America, through legal/illegal immigration.
Everyone was happy - the Leftists found a new "special interest group" to manipulate, while the Rightists found a cheap and easy source of labour, while the immigrants enjoyed higher living standards.
The problem?
The immigrants did not want to sacrifice their culture, religion etc by "integrating" into that of their host country, while the natives did not want their homeland of thousands of years to become "The Islamic Republic of New Brazil" - a wealthy white elite on top, a mixed-race class inhabitating the middle with a "dark" underclass, all watched over by the good Allah.

Let's look at Kosovo:
For centures, the province of Kosovo had been majority Christian Serbian. However, the decline began with ethnic cleansings under the Ottoman Empire (as their "Islamic brothers", the Albanians, were easier to manage than the "infidel Serbs"), which worsened with World War 2. Add into this massive illegal immigration by Albanians and a higher birth-rate, the province is now 90% or more Islamic Albanian. Already, there are calls for "autonomy" - if not outright "secession" - for Kosovo.

Except the Albanians and Serbs are ethnically close - can you imagine what happens when the Muslims of Britain, France, Germany etc want "autonomy"?

As the Muslim population (and non-white population in general) increases in Britain and continental Europe - throw in rising fuel and food prices, a looming U.S. recession and global warming - things in Europe are going to get pretty ugly, pretty soon.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
The Daily mail is the newspaper equivalent of Fox news.

Just ignore anything that comes out of it.

I bet a massive percentage of muslims are "practicing" while a tiny percentage of Christians are practicing.

Christians will probably still outnumber them 10-1 at that point but that doesnt suit the Mail agenda.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Chaoticar

Without wishing to sound rude or incur the wrath of mods, that sounded awfully racist to me. You made massive generalisations, lumping in tens of millions of people together, and spoke on their behalf. You ascribed motives when you clearly have no way of knowing what actually happened.

Not to mention the spattering of words like "leftist". Come on, mate!

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
Just ignore anything that comes out of it.

I like your approach. In fact, I like it so much that I shall follow suit, treading confidently in your footsteps, footsteps lined exquisitely with pearls of intellectual wisdom. I shall henceforth ignore anything that comes out of a right-wing publication because..., well, because it's right-wing. I mean, it couldn't possibly be correct or carry any valid points, could it? The very idea is patently absurd.

For instance, if everyone in the UK read the Daily Mail, they would believe such outrageous and (presumably racist) notions such as a coming Orwellian state!
Consider the following articles:
Article 1
Article 2

I mean, who could believe such writings? When they come from such a hideous publication, a publication whose horrendous and SHOCKING views are so offensive and painful to our delicate liberal sensibilities, well, they... they must clearly be false.

Yes, I'll repeat your advice. (After you've read the articles linked). Don't listen to anything the Daily Mail says - you might even come to believe that 1984 is approaching...

Tsk... such fantasies

[edit on 9-5-2008 by Le Protege]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Le Protege

More proof the paper just has a right wing agenda. That rag is worthless as is Fox news.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Rather than looking at the numbers, why not look at something more interesting like...

Why is this percieved to be an issue?

and

Does it really matter?

Those are the real questions, are they not?

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

More proof the paper just has a right wing agenda. That rag is worthless as is Fox news.

LOL.
I really don't think you get it. My post was one big p*ss-taking mockery of yours.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Chaoticar

That is a LOT of BS to read. wow.

And you should recheck what he said, because you obviously misunderstood.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I would rather a world of moderate Muslims than Radical Christians.
I would rather a world of moderate Christians than radical anything elses
I would rather a world full of moderate anythings.

[edit on 9-5-2008 by Res Ipsa]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
I would rather a world of moderate Muslims than Radical Christians.
I would rather a world of moderate Christians than radical anything elses
I would rather a world full of moderate anythings.

[edit on 9-5-2008 by Res Ipsa]

True, and muslims and christians CAN live together peacefully, why not!?
I love London because of the multicultral society, beautiful women from all over the world haha

Also Chaoticar needs to relax, because he himself is starting to sound like a radical.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The inherent culture of England will overwhelm Islam, not entirely, but enough to damage those figures.

Access to money, booze, party pills, a freedom to do whatever/whenever, a desire to fit in and be liked, and this great thing called Teenage Rebellion are my main reasons why a majority of yet-to-be-born Muslims will not be practicing the religion on a regular basis.

It's human nature. And this aspect of human nature is accelerated in mainstream Western culture.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Rather than looking at the numbers, why not look at something more interesting like...

It is percieved to be an issue because demographics play a large role in culture and politics. A drastic shift in the demographics of Europe will probably equal a drastic shift in the culture and politics as well.

Does it really matter?

It matters if you value your history and your future. Immigrants aren't inherently bad, but when they don't integrate at all they cause serious problems.

There is nothing outrageous about the OP's article. It's simply the truth, at least the numbers are. If you look around the internet news sites you'll find plenty of sources that doom say and others that don't.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   

and

Does it really matter?

Exactly.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Oh I got it, I just didnt think you were worth any more of my time.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   

and

Does it really matter?

Exactly, its the papers agenda, skewing stats to try and build up resentment. Like Fox news, they dont report the news, they skew everything and only report it if it fits the propaganda they throw out.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Oh I got it, I just didnt think you were worth any more of my time.

You disappoint me, mate. Don't worry, though. I'll always have time for you.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   

and

Does it really matter?

Exactly, its the papers agenda, skewing stats to try and build up resentment. Like Fox news, they dont report the news, they skew everything and only report it if it fits the propaganda they throw out.

i agree 100%.....

does it matter what color your neighbors skin is, or what he calls his god ?

we should all just keep shagging each other, until were all a yellow-ey grey colour...(prehaps that is what the grays are...thousands of years of inter-racial breeding..?)

we are all different...live and let live...

this is happening because of a decline in interest in the young generation....

Friedrich Nietzsche said 'GOD is dead' which has never been more true....kids spend more time on xbox and maccyD's happy meals than in church recieving communion.....

the muslim community still holds religion as important so a vast majority of muslim children/teens will go to mosque when they are supposed to and say their prayers.....this isn't a thing about 'muslims and islam taking over' so much as christianity dying on its arse..

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Langolier

It matters if you value your history and your future. Immigrants aren't inherently bad, but when they don't integrate at all they cause serious problems.

so are you saying that if someone refuses to convert to Christianity, relinquishing generations of culture and tradition, that if they don't renounce all their beliefs and adopt your own in their place, then they are not 'intergrating'...

i think you sir have a rather bigoted opinion on this one.....people should always have the right to choose how they worship...thats one of the benefits of a democracy...WE ARE NOT IN A POLICE STATE...YET..

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by adamclement
this isn't a thing about 'muslims and islam taking over' so much as christianity dying on its arse

Exactly. The number of "practicing" Christians in the UK is dropping rapidly, as more and more people realise they don't need God to get through life.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join