It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is there a general discontent towards women?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuneKnight
Iraq however was a different matter that involved the disappointment of being unable to find osama bin laden, so rather Bush decided to overcompensate for that by chasing Saddam instead. Get back America's pride.

Exactly my point. However Iraq wasn't just Bush's emotional response in being dissapointed with not finding Osama and getting back Americas pride. Many people believe that the whole Iraq thing was to solve a "daddy issue" that Bush had, and that was to accomplish something that his father couldn't.

Bush is extremily hormonal if you ask me.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by snowflake_obsidian

in that case, if its a family thing, then hes doing what a good son should do- traditionally speaking- thats how men define themselves and how kings fought wars in the past. if bush is anything is that he is primitive or barbaric. this is a manly attribute u speak off. there is no such thing as 'daddy issues' when its applied to men. if men are to become men they most certainly have to have daddy issues. u cant apply the Electra complex to men.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by DuneKnight]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DuneKnight

My point is that men are emotional too, they just express their emotions differently. Bush jumped the gun and acted out with anger.

I notice the same with my fiance. When I get emotional, I tend to shed some tears. I will admit that. When my fiance gets emotional, he gets angry and curses and yells a little bit. Men are just as emotional. Believe me.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

men and women deal with their emotions in different ways. men suppress them and use them for a long-term purpose (bottles it up) while women tend to be impulsive. but yes we guys get emotional sometimes but its not called emotional we turn it into something else.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

No I think both genders bottle up emotions. Supression is a big problem for both genders. I am talking about when emotions are expressed. I think women respond more with tears and depression where as men act out more in anger.

Of course men cry too and women get angry too but I think when the response is an over-emotional situation many women tend to cry and men tend to yell a bit.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by princessjade
What I find really sad is that women and sexuality is even an issue. If we want to have sex with one man, no men, or a million men, it is our right, and our business, and if you or anyone else doesn't like it, so what?

This really shouldn't be an issue. We have been able to own land without having the persmission of a husband for quite some time now and guess what? We can vote too! So, this shouldn't be an issue either!

Of course women's sexuality is an issue - because of the children.

No man in his right mind is going to want to start a family with a slutty woman who likes to have many male sex partners

No man wants to deal with the thought that he's raising a child that isn't even his own, because his wife cheated and got pregnant by another man

These are real issues, always have been, and always will be until the end of time....

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I dont know my experience is that women tend to yell alot especially during that time of the month so I dont know. but guys are sensitive yes, however i personally never cried ever since 5th grade, not because i think its bad but because i cant, im unable to. its kinda frustrating actually not being able to cry.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MrdDstrbr

I agree, I personally dont want my children to have a slutty mother with a history and only want them to be born in a hospitable honorable womb. I know this sounds silly nonetheless we all have our thoughts.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MrdDstrbr

Well no woman wants to start a family with a slutty man either. There are probably, if not more slutty men than there are women. Why shouldn't those men who are promiscuous be called out on their deal?

What woman wants to explain to her child why daddy isn't at home when he should be? And what if the man gets one of his mistresses pregnant? Does the mans wife really want to help raise a child that isn't hers?
Also there are many men that actually leave their wives and children with that wife when he gets his Mistress pregnant. Is that fair to the wife?

Oh wait, that's right, it must be the wife's fault in some way!

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I know what u r doing, u are flipping all our arguments against women and placing it on ur side, which is absurd since most of these arguments are in a specific context not meant to be taken away. I get it there are bad people out there yes but thats a superficial issue because we arent saying that women are all bad. children are a women's responsibility even if the guy is at fault, women are responsible because children come out of them -nature wise- guys dont see it that way like the sperm bank thing that i said earlier. I aint attacking women Im saying what makes some women more deserving of respect than others.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I am flipping it around to show that both sex have the same issues with the opposite sex in different ways. Children are everybody's responsibility. Haven't you ever heard that it takes a village?

Yes a child comes out of a womans womb but who gave his seed to put the baby in the womb? The man did. Both partners are responsible for that child.

Believe me, I am standing up for women in this thread because there has been a lot of women bashing in this thread. When there is a lot of men bashing I also stand up for men. Did I not call another woman in this thread sexist? Yes I did. I just want to point out to you how equal men and women really are. We both get emotional and we both have the same problems with the opposite sex...in different ways.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

of course both partners are responsible but the initial nurturing is up to the woman obviously a man cant do that so relativity speaking a man needs a woman to care for the child not the opposite. but i personly and scientifically attribute to the woman more a cause for the child's existence as in biologically speaking. because sperm just triggers something already there plus recently they proved that they can extract sperm from women rendering women not in need for men to have kids. women are equipped with main sources of creation.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

That still doesn't mean that it's ok for a man to sleep around on his wife. Once a couple has a baby, they both need to do what they can to make the relationship work for the baby. This includes not sleeping around! Either one of them!

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   

im looking at this from a philosophical perspective and you just focusing on Dr. Phil's parables. Do u know of Ayn Rand maybe u should check her out.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian
And what makes a woman a better woman and not a man? So women shouldn't vote or worry about politics and trust someone else to run it for them? Women shouldn't play sports or become firefighters or police officers? We should just worry about being barefoot, pregnant and having dinner on the table by the time you get home?

I don't think anybody said that, and I certainly didn't imply it. And you're right, we should all try to become better people, but I think we should also learn to accept that some behaviors will be accepted easier depending on your gender, and perhaps that's not such a bad thing. No, women shouldn't be kept in chastity belts while men run wild taking their pick, but maybe having one gender that's a little more careful about who they choose to have sex with is nature's way of keeping things on track. "Keeping it in your pants" is something that I feel is a good quality, not an object of oppression. I guess I expect better out of some women. Does that make me sexist? Maybe.

But hey, look at how effeminate men are treated in our society. A hell of a lot worse than masculine women, and whose out there pushing for them? Would you find it perfectly normal to see some dainty man running around in a sun dress talking about hand bags, or would you look at him a little weird? I know, it's a pretty extreme example, but you see my point.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

snowflake_obsidian, the issue of promiscuity, or multiple-sex-partners, certainly affects and applies to both genders, and please believe me when I say that I'm not trying to make this into a "it's all the wife's fault" thing

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
To the original OP, the reason why I have so much discontent is because women are whores, all they care about is sex and money. I know a lot of man whores to btw, I'm not one of them.

-Jimmy

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Anonymous ATS,

Ahhh..just got off work here. Settling down to a snack while answering your post.

I am sure you have a mother, we all do. Why would you speak such filth about women?

Hmmm....??? I dont think anyone in here is my mother.

Filth about women?? I must be calling them whores or such. Do you see that in my posts or what I call four letter word terminology??

I will give you an example of filth and filthy thinking beliefs and expectations here to contrast with what you are implying.

Last weekend I was with the woman I am seeing at a cook out. Her sister and her are planning a trip to the beach in the fall. Lots of the girls are going. They all work...earn moneys. But money is tight for my woman and she expressed the concept that she may not be able to afford her portion of the time share. So her sister looks at me and says..."you dont mind helping her out do you??"

This woman has no clue or care what I do in the order of RISKS for my moneys. Her Religion/belief system dictates that this is what men are for...without risk on her part. Flashdancing is the name of her game....without RISK.

My point to my woman ..was ...come fall ..not only will you be able to afford the time share but also the gas to get there and back???

Now Anonymous ATS...I call this kind of thinking on the part of her sister...FILTH...because she has no consideration for the RISKS I take to earn my moneys. For her the purpose of a male is obviously to make life convenient and flashdance a woman through lifes hurdles. I call this kind of woman High Maintenance. I also refer to this kind of woman as practicing the dogma of Male disposability and expendability.

Understand what I mean now when I refer to a woman attempting to substitute her concerns and values for mine??

Anonymous...subtilty is a very powerful tool on those unawares or who think their natural role in life is to run the touchdowns for others when these others give them the play or clue and cue to run down the field for them. Does her sister think she is so subtle that no male will notice it ....like PrincessJade??

Now..Anonymous..when I bring this kind of Religion, thinking, expectations, beliefs to light...is this filthy??
Or does this have some measure of truth to it??

I also never said that all women are doing this ..so the drama technique does not work or apply to me here.

What I have also said is that many men or males are not very bright about this kind of thing. They need to be.

This conversation is going to come up again between now and the fall. I will determine for myself whether I will let it pass as I did at the cookout or use some Salt on her sister.

I am of the Salt of the Earth..not the sugar Anonymous. Sugar techniques only go so far. They are a luxury to me ..not a lifestyle. And they are certainly not an entitlement. Male or Female.

Thanks for your post,
Orangetom

Herman,

INtresting post and position ..I know men who are boastful. I dont think much of them either. You are correct ..it is obnoxious.

I also know women who try to specialize in this "Bitch" fingerprint which seems to be becoming so popular now days. Not impressed. IT to me is just another variation of High Maintenance. It is chaos..not difficult to find out here..male and female. The rare woman out here is one who can bring a man Peace..not just Piece. Peace and all the commitments to bring it about ..is a rare and valuable talent/asset in a woman...children or no children.

Men cant give birth...lol lol lol..now this is funny...pitiful too when you think of it in light of the abortion issue. I see alot of women trying to default through on this ..men cant give birth concept. When you understand the abortion issue...this position shreds to pieces quickly. YOu dont as a male have to let it default through unchallanged...or unquestioned. This is what I mean when I say men need more often to think things through.

Snowflake,
I think there was more respect for women 15 years ago than today. I see that the caliber of womanhood has slipped alot in 15 years. I also think that the caliber of manhood has slipped alot too. Probably more than women..but they are both about to make a pitfall if things continue down this line.
I recall Whitewave making a comment to me about males today not having the Virtues and gentlemenly manners of their fathers and grandfathers times. I agreed with her. I still think she is correct here.
If I recall correctly Whitewave used Males verses Men as here manner of cataloging this phenomonon. I think she is pretty much correct here too.

Oh...Snowflake...here..from one of your earlier posts.

Well no woman wants to start a family with a slutty man either. There are probably, if not more slutty men than there are women.

Lesson in thinking guys...try thinking some time ..not sports conditioning.
If men are slutty here...with whom are they being slutty?? There is more to such a statement than meets the eye. You guys need to train yourself to spot this..not sit there with your tails between your legs peeing all over yourself. Sorry for the crudity here but you guys deserve it.

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 23-5-2008 by orangetom1999]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

OrangeTom,

I am the annonymous poster, I clicked on the wrong link! This explains why the moderators had to look at is, I guess! LOL Sorry guys!

Cheers!

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
OrangTom,

Do me a favor, please? Tell me in plain wording, few words, spelled correctly, what it is that you believe about women, so that I may completely understand your beliefs. I am not being sarcastic but I truly want to understand what it is that you believe. It is obvious that I do not see your point and I want you to clarify it for me. Please do so at your earliest convenience!

Cheers!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join