It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay rights?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I have been wondering for sometime, Does anyone think that the LACK of gay rights will result in civil war?

PLEASE ONLY SERIOUS ANSWERS.

I am sure if there was a LACK of rights for lets say the black community, for sure there would be a civil war. I am sure of it.

But are gays willing to fight for there rights?

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I think that gay rights are being pursued in the court - that is where the most change can be made against the will of the majority without violence.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
I have been wondering for sometime, Does anyone think that the LACK of gay rights will result in civil war?

PLEASE ONLY SERIOUS ANSWERS.

I am sure if there was a LACK of rights for lets say the black community, for sure there would be a civil war. I am sure of it.

But are gays willing to fight for there rights?

Yeah. Gays might go on a Ken doll burning spree. Or a random makeover or curtain picking-outting :-P

But seriously. No. I doubt it will be a war really. Just a lot of uprising. And for good reason. Why do people even feel compelled to care about what gay people do?

Oh right. I forgot. The bible....thanks god! :-/

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
No.

For the most part, the only right lacking (and this is changing) is the right to marry.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
No gay people wont fight thier not that capable of fighting anyways.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
That's not true. I've seen some MEAN MEAN lezbos...

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
No.

For the most part, the only right lacking (and this is changing) is the right to marry.

For the gays that are in to the bible. That is big right?

Thanks for the input, I dont think there will be a civil war.

Just wondering.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I don't think it will be a civil war but it certainly will change social thinking for years to come.

The problem is not whether being gay is right or wrong anymore (when did that happen?) it is more about whether we will for the first time have a constitutional ammendment that limits freedoms to a certain group of people.

Gay or not our constitution was not meant to discriminate. If it does, the door is now WIDE open for other changes. Maybe not in the next 10 years but it does set up a precident for a "radical" national leader to make some pretty sweeping changes using the courts instead of congress to suppress a group of people.

I

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
No chance, they wouldn't risk messing up their hair.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Papa Lazarru
No chance, they wouldn't risk messing up their hair.

To quote Mr. Slave "Jesus Christ"

I think if you mean civil war burning down various craft/fashion/hair/furniture stores, then yes. But if not then no.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I'll probably never understand the big deal about homosexuals, I personally don't care what they do. I think everyone is equal, one way or another. But to answer your question, no, I highly doubt it. Not war anyways. Never know though.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
As I stated in a different forum...If gays want the rights of marriage, fine enter into a contract, civil union, whatever. I'm all for equal rights. Bit MARRIAGE is an unstitution that is 1000's of years old. It is a LAW OF NATURE, one man and one woman to procreate our society. Now I'll admit that heterosexuals have made a mockery of marriage, but I do not feel that marriage should be 2 men or 2 women. I also believe that if we make marriage this, whats to turn marriage into a group of people, or a person and an animal, or an incest marriage, or worst case senerio a marriage of an adult and a minor. Once you open PANDORA'S BOX anything is reality!!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Nope.

But for yall that think gays cant kick your ass a little word of advice dont go to prison, who do you think does all the raping down there?

new topics

top topics

join