It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Announce "Success of Long Galactic Hunt"NOW NASA Looking for 10 pf Super Cumputer by 2012 !!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

NASA by 2009 aims to be running a petaflop supercomputer that will be able to do 1,000 trillion calculations per second.

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.ufoblogger.blogspot.com Q.1 Whats coming up in 2012 that NASA need this kind of Super computer?

Q.2 What kind of "breakthrough scientific discoveries" Mr Worden talking about?

www.ufoblogger.blogspot.com

Astronomers Discover Missing Mass -Now, scientists using the XMM-Newton, ESA's super-sensitive detector, have begun to pick up some of that missing mass by studying X-ray emissions coming from tendrils of gas stretching between two galaxy clusters, Abell 222 and Abell 223. These gaseous filaments connect many other galaxies in the universe, forming a kind of cosmic web, and studying those other links will be the next task. "This is only the beginning.

www.popsci.com...

Things are happening too fast
I dnt know but soming is going to happen for sure NOW.

[edit on 8-5-2008 by 123space]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
NASA by 2009 aims to be running a petaflop supercomputer that will be able to do 1,000 trillion calculations per second.

By 2012 it hopes to have boosted the power of this machine to 10 petaflops, to help with modeling and simulation.
If it manages the feat, it will be one of only a few organizations that can tap such vast number-crunching power.

The supercomputer will be installed at Nasa's Ames Research Center at Moffet Field, California. Nasa's current top supercomputer, called Columbia, was turned on in 2004 and has a theoretical peak of 88.88 teraflops. This makes it the 20th most powerful supercomputer on the planet, according to the Top 500 Project which compiles a list of the relative performance of these machines.
Nasa has used its current supercomputer to investigate the performance of hypersonic aircraft, simulate lander deployments and model fabrics for future spacesuits.

"This additional computational performance is necessary to help us achieve breakthrough scientific discoveries," said Mr Worden.

Q.1 Whats coming up in 2012 that NASA need this kind of Super computer?

Q.2 What kind of "breakthrough scientific discoveries" Mr Worden talking about?

source

I think its just a maya 2012 stuff NASA now talking about

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Guess what Read your self

Immensely popular and at the height of his powers, Putin appears to want Russians to see him as still in charge and to anticipate his return to the presidency in 2012, which he has not ruled out.

So no one like to miss 2012

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Missing matter, eh?

How is it that we create X-rays here on Earth? Anyone know? It involves a little something that starts with an E and ends with a Y. With a "lectricit" in the middle.

There's really no need to resort to exotic metaphysical magic faerie dust matter.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Everyone is bad mouthing NASA and commenting that their media announcement wont mean much to 90% of us. This might be the case..... OR, .....maybe for once we are all wrong and they will rehash and add to the information they let slip out and into the news media about Nibiru. Whatever the news is I feel its going to be a lot more important than we are surmising. Dont ask me why, I just do.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
All the sudden thing getting change 1st we saw syclone 1,0000 people died feel sorry for them. then nasa say they let us know some thing on 14th thn news came nasas need super computer.thn news is that Russian president dnt waana live his post as president before 2012 is int it guffy ?

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Everyone is bad mouthing NASA and commenting that their media announcement wont mean much to 90% of us. This might be the case..... OR, .....maybe for once we are all wrong and they will rehash and add to the information they let slip out and into the news media about Nibiru. Whatever the news is I feel its going to be a lot more important than we are surmising. Dont ask me why, I just do.

Now that looks like smoking gun to me

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by 123space

wtf does nasa's p-flop comp and intergalactic tendrils of low density gas have to do with putin setting himself up as the next czar?

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   

wtf does nasa's p-flop comp and intergalactic tendrils of low density gas have to do with putin setting himself up as the next czar?

I dnt know but every one is interested in 2012 no one ready to live from power even you can take American president too.In some thread i got that 2008 election never goona be happen

About pf super computer its look strange to me NASA need that because they like to get advanced to analysis of some thing bny the end of 2012

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Ever think that the government only ever works out year budgets for three years out (comfortably, with any level of confidence, at least), and so given that FY09 budgets are more or less already set (not guaranteed, but set based upon notional funding levels), that their investment plan sets them up to have to complete the project by 2012.

Most of these things are pretty easily explained, if mass speculation of conspiracy is not flagged as the number one reason why anything happens. That tends to be a flop (e.g. the Vatican preluding to NASA's 14 May announcement of aliens... that sure was a flop, wasnt it?).

top topics

join