It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holographic Principle and The Allegory of the Cave

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I'm surprised yet I understand how Plato had such a correct view of reality. It's because enlightenment is not confined to a particular time period.

Let me first give you a visual of reality.

Say you have a magic puzzle and you put the puzzle together and you get the image of a Bear. You undo the puzzle and put it back together you then get the image of a Lion. You do it again and you get the image of a human.

So the same pieces of the puzzle is producing all these different images. Subatomic particles are like the pieces of the puzzle and the images are us and everything we see.

These particles are reflecting images from the Bulk or the sum of all energy states. This is what some people call God.

A quantum fluctuation occurs in the Bulk or this pure energy state which contains all energy states or images. A Vacuum occurs and some of this energy seeps through this Vacuum and a local universe is formed.

There's a myriad of these local realities or the multiverse but the observers within these local universes think they are the sum of all things and they think they are all that there is.

So when someone has been enlightened to the true nature of reality and they try to help the blind see so to speak, the blind insist that the buck stops with them. This is because of decoherence. Decoherence blinds observers to the true nature of reality and leads them to believe their local universe is it.

So we have to be birthed out of this illusion through enlightenment.

It's what David Bohm called the implicate order and the explicate order. What we see is the explicate order which is born out of the implicate order. So it's God (the Whole) and us (parts of the whole). The parts are seperated from the Whole because their under the illusion that they are the whole because of decoherence.

Implicate and explicate order
en.wikipedia.org...

Holographic Principle
www.crystalinks.com...

Allegory of the Cave
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
yea i have read that book by Talbot, and its one of the best books i have ever read. Plato did describe the implicate order in his famous cave story. Its strange most people go about their daily lives without realizing what life is really about and what we are capable of. have u ever had any of those experiences that are described in his book?

join