It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When and How World would end

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I just always wonder how and when this world would come to an end finally, though Science has already proved that life on earth would cease to exist eventually when Sun would have exhausted all of its energy and it will turn into big Red Giant Star either it will swallow the Earth or people would die of cold weather.

I speculate that this world would come to end in less than 100 years time and most probably by a large scale earth quake. What you think?

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Not sure how the earth will end really, humankind could end in a number of ways. Epic stupidity with the available nukes would surely be a good way to get things started but it would not be sufficient to get everyone out of this plain of existence. Earthquakes only get those at the vaultlines and not nearly everyone. You can survive an earthquake easily as long as the earth doesn't swallow you whole and you are not in a building or near anything that can crash down on you.

An airborne virus that renders people sterile could be a real danger but then again, our imunesystem can handle almost anything that is thrown at us, there are even women in Africa that do not die from Aids while having HIV.

So, bottomline is that we are a pretty resilient and inventive race. I think we could even survive a meteorstrike that killed the dino's, at least a number of us ofcourse.

Maybe it will be a scientific experiment that will be the end of us. Like The CERN LHC experiment. Tearing at the fabric of time and space is not really the best idea ever i'd think even if this one would not pose a threat a next one could easily have unexpected results if you take into account that science sometimes plays with things they do not understand.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LOYAL

This is not a personal attack, btw, so please don't take it as such, but with all due respect to you as a relatively new member, why the fascination with the end of the world? Shouldn't the question be asked instead how we cansave what we've got?

Do you not feel even in the slightest bit uncomfortable with the ease in which you state that, in your opinion, we've only got a hundred years left?

To be honest, it was kind of scary.

There have been several threads started recently that postulate what the next terrorist atrocity will be, how World War 3 will begin etc. Negativity is rife on these pages, and I just can't understand the appeal. Yes, we're here to read about the NWO, the reptillian agenda and the survival of Fascism in the most unlikely of guises and all associated conspiracies, so in a sense we are ondoctrinating ourselves into a bleak mind frame. But none of these theories have ever been proven, and as such remain the subject of speculation. To just up and say it's all gonna be over in the space of one life-time is taking this austere attitude a little too far.

I really don't think this type of thread pays any homage to the spirit of ATS, which, IMO, is a forward looking, pro-active, personal research orientated meeting of like-minded individuals. We hypothesize about our history, our world the universe and beyond, and when we're not doing that, we consider the weird. It's mind stretching, it's educational and it's positive.

I don't want to even begin to consider how the sum total of how we got to be here, in this world that we inhabit and love for all its faults, will end up as dust. I want to know how we can continue and grow.

Sorry if this offends, but I'm entitled to my opinion.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
^^ You don't have to be scared of this if world end in next 100 years ... i hope you won't be alive nor me by that time

I just expressed what i feel like about end of the world.....

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LOYAL
^^ You don't have to be scared of this if world end in next 100 years ... i hope you won't be alive nor me by that time

Speak for yourself! I intend to live for at least a thousand years

I just expressed what i feel like about end of the world.....

Fair enough, but doesn't it worry you? To be able to almost flippantly dismiss the future of the world is, well, bizarre in my book. Sure it's going to end, everything does, but why speculate on it?

It's the end of the world!

I don't want to consider how it'll happen, maybe I'm a coward or just love what we have far too much.

new topics

top topics

join