It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Skunk Ape Video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Some ppl from myakka city in florida have taken a new video of the so-called bipedal hominid Skunk Ape from Florida. I have seen the video and will upload it to youtube later tonight. Just another piece of evidence for the believers.

Mod edit: Posting YouTube videos in the Crypto Forum - Please Read

[edit on 9-5-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Here's the Link to the new video, SkunkApe925 and I were both at the encounter, any questions you have about the events that unfolded are welcome.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 8-5-2008 by readyforwhatever]

[edit on 8-5-2008 by readyforwhatever]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Ah, why does the footage always have to end as the 'monster' is about to be revealed?

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
good question wise, but as corny as it may sound the camera we were taping with unfortunately ran out of film. that and the fact that we werent going to stick around with a monster moving in on us.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by readyforwhatever

Could you talk about the event as it happened? Smells, sounds, that kinda stuff?

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SKunkAPe925

Hmmm...fascinating. I've got to watch it again later with the sound on. Looks pretty good. I look forward to hearing more about it.

J.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Interesting video. Lots of pretty leaves.

I'd like to hear though which other websites and news outlets you contacted regarding this video of what could clearly be the most earth-shattering evidence of the missing link.......or a guy in a suit.

[edit on 8-5-2008 by TXRabbit]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
The movement of 'IT' seems very structured, almost mechanical. It is like stride, pause, stride, pause.

This has no bearing for or against the authenticity of the video however, as we have no idea how one of these things is meant to move. The movement of the creature did strike me as being odd though.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Hmmm... Should I go with the honest approach or the "nice approach"? What the heck, I'll go with honest.

The video is a typical Tubesquash video. It doesn't show anything with substance. The "bipedal creature" is hidden amongst trees, and everything is basically left to the imagination. The video starts "in the middle of no-where" and ends abruptly.

There is little to no supporting information, i.e. location, date, time of day, camera used - not even the actual events of the sighting. Basically the fact that you’ve given no information counts against you.

Where's the sound of the clip?

I'm sorry to say that the video is no different than hundreds (perhaps thousands) of similar videos on YouTube. And 99% of these videos the recorder ran out of tape or the battery ran dead.

I'm sure you have good intentions, and my apologies if I have offended what you or what you believe is the real deal.

Edit: It's also not clear to me whether SKunkAPe925 was at the sighting or not?
He says

Some ppl from myakka city in florida have taken a new video of the so-called bipedal hominid Skunk Ape from Florida. I have seen the video and will upload it to youtube later tonight. "

then readyforwhatever says

SkunkApe925 and I were both at the encounter

This is a bit contradicting, not?

[edit on 9-5-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Good call Gem - It seems that SKunkAPe925 was *at* the encounter, but he didnt actually see the skunk ape, only the footage. Which could probably mean that *he* was in the suit..

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
The "no sound" bothers me the most at the moment and then the movement of the subject.

At one point the subject seems to be confused as to which way to go not something I would expect a creature in it's natural habitat to do.

So basically I am viewing it but I am not digging it

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I am following the general consensus.

No sound, no story, familiar reasoning for tape ending abruptly, not to mention both posters sign up the same day.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Sorry, but I am with the rest...highly disappointing. And I am not buying the "ran out of film" excuse. And I love how you provide no other details to go with this video. Nothing about what you saw, what time it was, where it was, what you were doing out there...nada, not one shred of narration.

If you were out there to get footage of the "skunk ape" I guess you expect us to believe you went out armed with 30 seconds of "film" left. If you weren't, there's no whispering, no shock of seeing this creature. That's all I shall say before I say too much.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I need only read Gem's post and thank him for saving me the time of looking at the video.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jbondo

Unfortunately, I read Gems comment after I watched it.

There's not really enough there to comment one way or the other. (but I am leaning one way more than the other)

No clear shot with any distinguishing features.

You know by the title and posters (and can't forget posters friend) 'vague' comments regarding it, that no one can really make any concrete conclusion based on the evidence at hand.

I think this may be part of the reason people 'hatch' these videos the way they do.

[edit on 9-5-2008 by Grailkeeper]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
all of you guys who have been critisizing our piece of evidence need not to be so hasty to dismiss an unclear piece of evidence as a hoax. U guys say thatwe have nos story behind this, well ill tell u all what happened that day. me an my friend: readyforwhatever were hiking in the woods in myakka city in florida and we had been filming for quite a while because we were making a film documentary for our outdoorstudies class. we then came across some sizable footprints in thefoliage on the ground, the we wlaked a little further and started to smell a sulfuric smell. then we heard a wrustling in the bushes in fornt of us and my friend:readyforwhatever began filming the short piece of film. U all have criticized us because the video ends abruptly but it was partially due to the dying battery, but the real reason we stopped filming was shear fear becausewe were fairly close to this large animal and we decided to run. My friend readyforwhatever did not mention this because he didnt want to make us seem like cowards, but if u were in ourshoes wouldnt u be scared of such a large animal. i also said "some people" bc i didnt want people hassling me about this but my friend ready for whatever posted it. u also said that i am the supposed man in the suit, this is ridiculous because I am only 5 ft 6 and the creature in this video was pushingg 7 ft tall. We joined above top secret on the same day becuase we had always been avid enthusiatsts of this website and we wanted to post our encounter, so I would apreciate if u all reserved ur judgements and look at this and respond in an objective and civilized manner.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I noticed your video on youtube, you see i am fascinated with the skunk ape and have seen him on my property twice. I have 42 acres in myakka and i use "slop" (old fruits and meat to bait skunk ape slop is what i call it). I like this website because there is so much information on skunk ape, alot of it not true, but i did notice one thing about your skunk ape in particular that tells me this may make tis video not be as false as some people think. In your video the creature has short hair which, short hair is essential for skunk apes in this hot humid Florida climate. Many skunk ape hoaxes show skunk ape with long hair which is a characteristic of a sasquathch or a bigfoot wihich live in cold climates where long hair is necessary for survival outdoors.

[edit on 9-5-2008 by Myakka_King22]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SKunkAPe925
all of you guys who have been critisizing our piece of evidence need not to be so hasty to dismiss an unclear piece of evidence as a hoax.

I disagree. Unless there is good clear video evidence, backed up by something with more substance, then I think we should dismiss it as quickly as possible. Unproven is unproven. We can go over a video like this with a fine-toothed comb for weeks, and it'll still never be proof.

If it's actually and truly the real deal, then too bad for the original poster and too bad for us, I guess. But what's the practical difference between something real but unproven and something that's a deliberate hoax or misidentification? Nothing.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SKunkAPe925
we had been filming for quite a while... we then came across some sizable footprints in thefoliage on the ground

Uploading the whole, unedited video from the day would be advised if you want people to be less critical of you. Footage of the footprints / rustling bushes would be good too.

If you really are a long time watcher of ATS then you would know the minimum evidence you should post with a story to avoid being criticized.

Toughen up and be prepared for detractors... because they will come and keep coming. Having an adverse reaction to being questioned on the video's authenticity only makes it look like you are nervous about it being debunked. Just chill and let things take their course.

In saying that, the rest of the video would be great.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Dont you think if all who would be interested in a new species of life would be using satellite imagining to capture this on record?Since we do have the technology to suppose read a license plate from 300 miles up and able to map all the world?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join