It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA makes public Kecksburg documents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
PRAVDA Story

NASA agreed to make public the documents on the tragedy in Kecksburg after persistent requests of Sci-Fi TV channel.
The town in Pennsylvania went down in history after its residents saw unusual phenomenon on December 9, 1965 - ball of flames in the evening sky. The ball was landing.

It is early to say that people will hear some sensation news. 36 unclassified pages can contain any information, including some well-known things. The ally of Sci-Fi - Coalition for Freedom of Information - said that after studying these documents it will decide what to do next. Meanwhile, Pentagon does not intend to reveal its documents on the Keksburg case.

[Edited on 1-3-2004 by RogueOne]

[Edited on 1-3-2004 by RogueOne]

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Just gonna throw a theory out there.

The object in Keksburg was an acorn shaped onject several meters across with "hieroglyphic type" writing on it. The military showed up quicly and whisked it away.

Here is a possibility. It was alien in origin.

Here is another, it was a russian satallite, and the locals of the time period were not familiar with cyrillic (the name of thier alphabet) saw some of the writing and just determined it to be "alien" (technicaly, by deffinition, it was alien if it was cyrillic). Now toss is a few decades for the memorys to haze or morph, and you have a EBE craft rather than a cold war enemy satalite.

Just theories, I don't think either has much evidence.

for SciFi though for creating a new Roswell.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I'd fully expect them to try and debunk it, just as the Air Force (again) tried to debunk Roswell (and failed)....

Their story should be entertaining at least....

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Part of a russian satallite is a possibility to what crashed in Keksburg. I still want the truth. I really dont give a rats ass about the national security bull #. All I care about this the truth.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 02:37 AM
link   
After watching the SciFi special, I doubt it was a Russian sat...

They had witnesses see it in 2 spots, hell they even tried to debunk them by saying they saw a lighthouse light...

I don't remember the exact quote but one of the guys said it looked like a molten piece of metal and it morphed and took off out of a field as well...

I wonder what all is in NASAs report.... hmmm indeed.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Another witness on that special said the object turned as it decneded towards the ground. Now I honestly don't think a satallite would turn the way the witness described it. Nor do I believe it was even a meteorite as some have sugested.

And another thing why would NASA have this information? Isn't this the CIA, NSA or militaries responsibility?

[Edited on 2-3-2004 by mrmulder]

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Whatever it was (Russian Satellite, Flying Saucer, Space Junk), I doubt the government wqill coem cleans. To come abck after 40 years to say they've been lying is bad PR.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Well hell its about time they did something. I should go over there on a vacation one day and check it out since i live in NY wont take me to long to get there.
See whats up

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Didn't Sci-Fi report back on those docs in their Kecksburg follow-up special?From what I remember,they said there was really nothing informative or ground breaking about them.Could be mistaken though.

top topics

join