It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At Last! People Are Waking Up To The Hypocrisy and Lies!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Very true! 2007-2008 will be known as the years that proved the theory of excess global warming false! "Drivel" is the perfect word to describe the scientific agenda of some of these people. It is a horrible representation of the scientific community when you have scientists claiming something is wholeheartedly FACT when there are equal arguments or better arguments for the opposing side...........reminds me of another debate going on in the scientific community. All this will do is hurt the public's opinion of what many scientists are really trying to accomplish because it shows an agenda.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Al Gore's version of AGW is just a fad which will eventually pass.

In the early parts of the last century, and continuing up to WW2 and beyond, the "science" of eugenics was just as big a fad - now it's been thoroughly debumked and seen for the elitist propaganda it really is. (Not to be confused with modern eugenics)

I'm all for helping the environment - but al bores agenda is aimed at helping his wallet, nothing more.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by audas

Perfect example of how effective mr Gore's propaganda is, if one allows it to be.

Also it's interesting that you bring up the "fully debunked" Great Global Warming Swindle seeing as how AIT is most certainly more "throughly debunked".

I see that you have also brought up the "not natural" card. Regardless if it is natural or not, it is there, still pulling it's minor weight in the greenhouse effect. We have 360 PPM now, 450 in the future. So what? In the mesozoic era the concentration was above 1000 PPM (2000 for a few million years) and in the Cambrian period it was over 7000 PPM. It didn't burn the world then, and it will not now.

That reminds me, global warming has stopped. After 1998, to be exact, the world began cooling very slightly. This past winter has seen record snowfalls, indeed it would appear the polar bears have plenty of ice to live on.

Secondly, and I have stated this in other threads; if global warming is bad, global cooling is a nightmare. If the gov't eventually does decide to invoke it's "final measures", such as the mirroring aerosols I am beginning to hear about, it will be the end of the rainforests, and coral reefs will undoubtedly be decimated as well. The Amazon basin will become a grassland, and the world will dry out, just like it did during all the other ice ages.

We can only hope the the government isn't dumb enough to invoke the aerosol mirrors or space umbrellas over one particularly hot summer, which some people appear to be supporting.

Global warming as far as reasonable predictions go, on the other hand, will almost certainly leave us with more water and plant life. Rainforests will flourish. The Gulf Stream will continue, weakened somewhat but fully intact, and we will with complete certainty be left with a still flourishing Antarctic and Greenland (if one can call icy, desolate landscapes flourishing), though admittedly the Arctic will shrink somewhat. Plant growth will also be puncuated, and already has, by the extra CO2. Undoubtedly warming will be as great a benefit to humanity as it was in the Medieval Warm Period.

Meanwhile, Goreists, fueled by the idea that they are somehow helping someone, will continue to spend billions of dollars as real problems - such as direct persecution of animals and rainforest destruction - go unnoticed, eclipsed by the AGW hysteria. And by the way, would you mind bringing up that "science" that supports AGW? Oh and the "hockey stick" won't cut it, by the way.

Don't bother telling me, again, that I'm the problem, that I'm the denier.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Nothing in science is Proven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boyle's Law, Charles's Law, Kochs postulates errrm think think think.

Fundamental physical constants not proven ? Scientific theory?? Play semantics all you want, however please please remember that I cannot prove that the sun will come up tomorrow and one day it won't, if it makes you feel better that I can't prove it then.... What a shame, you will of course be proven correct(one day). Unfortunately no-one will be around to share your obvious joy..

We all decide what we will accept as our level of "proof", so what that these are different- get over it. Scientists (whatever that phrase is supposed to mean) may require more "proof" (evidence) of a reproducible nature than most. Is it absolute prooof ? Of course it isn't... But hey SO WHAT, it's all we have.

Sorry for the rant but I have to get back to the Oija board to help me decide what foul mind altering drugs to "con" the FDA to let you guys take next.

Melatonin, I have seen you defend Scientific method and consensus on these boards before, you do it far better than I ever could. Please feel free to put the Chemists perspective. (an assumption on my part there)

Enjoy.....

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Deharg

This is fairly typical of the pro-AGW crowd - leaning on jargon to "prove" that their version of what's happening (if anything) is more relevant than the case against AGW which it's not.

Contrary to what the church of gore would have us believe, there is no concensus on alleged AGW, or on climate change.

Climate change is very misleading as well - our planet has undergone climate change constantly for billions of years, and yet today, the doomsayers would have us believe it is all the fault of man.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

One things for sure - he won't give up his meal ticket without a fight.

I don't know if anyone has brought this up yet because I haven't read every post but if global warming were true and actually caused by our manufacturing waste then Clinton and Gore are responsible for the largest increase ever of green house gases all by themselves. It’s called NAFTA. Through NAFTA a huge amount of our countries manufacturing facilities were moved from our country, where we have vast environmental and conservation laws in place, to numerous third world countries that have almost no environmental control legislation. It would be interesting to try to put some numbers to how much of an increase in green house gas production that created.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Hi Budski

Funnily enough I agree with you and as melatonin knows I disagree with him. Isn't science fun......

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Deharg

Yes, but let's not forget, AGW is more about propaganda than science.

Climate change is an ambiguous term which covers a multitude of sins as well.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
before they are done we will be taxed for breathing and if you can not pay off to the furnace with you.
the final solution

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join