It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Returning From My Expedition To China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Yes indeed, i do return,

As many of you may remember, I posted on here about alternate theories as to where & what atlantis was/is,

One of my research teams had highlighted that atlantis may well of been in China as the ancient mythical kingdom in the mountains there,

However i return with negative news, it wasnt so,
we did however find evidence that people did infact live on the site of the supposed mythical kingdom, and turned artifacts such as rudimentary coins and pottery work over to the local authorities as per our agreement to excavate in that part of china,

Well ATS readers, i would like to ask you to keep on contributing your ideas/research about alternative atlantis to me so i can continue my work,

Previous submissions were much appreciated,

Seth

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Do you have photos of your excavations? Whereabouts in China is this city located?

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
We traveled to the yellow river section of china, to where there were the highest hills/mountains,
This was because of the sheer amount of mytho's coming from that area, and at the time we were exploring alternate methods of Atlantis' demise,

We researched the river area and found out that it used to constantly flood,
and has had several 'big' floods in its time, which can fit the 'demise of an advanced civilization'

However the artifacts & such we uncovered we believe to of belonged to the people from the Shang dynasty, making this expedition another in a long line of unsuccessful attempts

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AmmonSeth

I would be interested in how your team came to the conclusion, that Atlantis may have been in China. As far as i know, there is exactly one historical reference to Atlantis (Timaios and Critias, with the latter only available in fragments) and most scholars agree today, that the references there are to be taken as fiction or an allegory.
Even when i accept Platons/Critias story as historical account, there is not a single point in there, that would point even in the closer vicinity of China, since Platon has made it very clear, where Atlantis would have been, with the Pillars of Hercules and so on. Not even the continental drift could have moved it to China.

As much as i know, the only mythological realm in this region would be Shangri-La and this is in no way related to the Atlantis myth.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Atlantis is North America and South America. Atlantis was the Capital city or the main city such as New York is the U.s's main city.

I too was in the Altay mountains in China. We were invited by the Chinese Gov to do some prospecting there.

The Altay mouintains are one of the highest plateus in the world next to the Altiplano in Blolivia. I will see if I can retrieve the pictures I took of the sea shells up in the mountains. My 'terp' confirms that at somepoint even the mountins were under the sea.

Many cities and countries were destroyed by the global flooding and mega tsunamis, some of the cities still sit under th ocean such as in the gulf of Cambay, Japan, Cuba.

Dont forget that north america has more pyramids than egypt. It would be foolish to think that at some point 8000 years or more ago, the world didnt flourished with empires involved in trade from continent to continent. Somethihing happened on Earth where we lost knowledge of these empires and knowledge of the exsistance of Americas.

It must of been Grand.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanZana

Have to transfer the good ones.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
on an undecided fact everyone will have differing views,
However me and those i have worked with are those who dont just stick by the
'atlantis' simple story,
we dont go out looking for plato's atlantis, rather a very different large advanced city/people,
it is just much easier to just refer to it as atlantis, as the most common search point is underwater,
However we have recently come to the realisation that just because the city was lost 'under water' doesnt necessarily just mean under the ocean,
We figured from a mythological stand point, it could also mean the city could be frozen? (hence looking in mountainous areas)

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Excerpt taken from my thread: Was Pre-Flood (anti-diluvian) man capable of Air Travel?

"I also saw a program on the History channel on which an archaeologist (don't recall his name) utilized NASA satellite imagery to locate a canal mentioned in Plato's writings buried until the earth's soil/sand. He found that the only place with a potential likelyhood of that canal was on the plains of Peru. (i.e.: within a mile of the site of the Nazca lines.) He measured from landmarks he located on the plain using European measurements (as Plato would have), and found the remnants of walls.

Also, there are said to be the ruins of 12 kingdoms throughout South America, which no one seems to know much about."

The remnants of the walls were located exactly where Plato's writings stated the walls had been.

The site was unique, because it was high in the Andes mountains, and the indigenous people who still live there have long been known as master water manipulators. And their boats are in fact, sea worthy. The utilized a form of loch system to float their boats all the way to the ocean.

Hope this helps!

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
wow.. thats great, i accidentaly browse this site.. very compelling..

top topics

join