It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's been tampering with my profile?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
OK, I don't really think anyone has been (purposefully) "tampering" with it, but I thought this title would get me the proper attention. :-)

I just checked my profile, and noticed there is a thread "Any programmers here?" listed as being one of the "Threads I flagged".

I never knew such a thread existed, and I know for sure I hadn't visited it until right now when I went there to check it. Furthermore... the thread has NO flags.
So how have I "flagged" it - and how did it stray onto my profile page, anyway?

[edit on 8-5-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Sounds like its a internet troll and/or gnome. They tend to be very mischievous, but they are very harmless. No reason to be concerned.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Master_Wii

Hmm, until now I only heard of Titivillus - and I know how to deal with him.
But if figures that his brood would go high-tech, sooner or later...

Anyway, I wonder whether the website owners and mods share your tender regard for their mischief... :-)

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
A thread was flagged by me when I clicked a link on the original posters signature.

(Here it is)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am not a political person!

I replied a couple of times on the thread, about the problem, and apparently killed it, I guess!

The flag remains, and I would like to have it removed, if possible.

[edit on 5/8/2008 by Givenmay]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Givenmay

Which thread, Givenmay?
Because the one about the programmers still hasn't got any flags - and it STILL appears on my profile page, under "Recent threads I flagged".

Honestly, I would really like to know how that could've happened.

Anyone?

P.S. I see THIS thread is now flagged. It wasn't at the time of my writing the text above (within this post), which is why I asked.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Oh sorry, I corrected the wording on my first post.

...the thread I am speaking of has 11 flags , 9 when I first looked at it!

The problem was supposed to be fixed...hmm, I dunno!

Your thread is already flagged, weird!

[edit on 5/8/2008 by Givenmay]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Hey there guys and Gals, Sounds like a glitch,

We will alert admin and see if they can have a look in to it

Thanks for letting us know and sit tight while we try and sort it

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Thank you very much, Asala.
I was just going to bump this again...

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
OK... has anyone else noticed anything peculiar about their profile: unfamiliar threads etc.?
(I am not suggesting anything - just asking.)

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Probably not connected , but my Avatar just went bye-bye, and I did nothing to cause it.

Apparently though, it is Imageshacks fault, not ATS as the whole site of Imageshack is down right now.

Funny tag though.

[edit on 8-5-2008 by Tiloke]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Just another ATS 'anomaly' like the time zone settings, its all twisted out of order. Plus when I first made this profile it said Ive started one thread, I hadnt started any.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Thank you very much, Tiloke and P-A-R-A-D-OX (did I spell that correctly?
).

D'you hear that, mods?

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by P-a-r-a-d-o-X-2
when I first made this profile it said Ive started one thread, I hadnt started any.

If you started your profile by adding the first comment, then you started a thread in the Comments section of your profile.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Just another ATS 'anomaly' like the time zone settings, its all twisted out of order.

Yes, but that "anomaly" affects all of us (those who live in the "wrong" zones, I mean ;-), whereas a thread mysteriously appearing in one's profile - and supposedly being flagged when it's not - is another thing.

Any further ideas on what might have caused this?

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Oh I see, that would be it then. Odd tho, not exactly a 'thread' as we know of.

No Vanitas actually you forgot a dash - but I'l let you off
any spelling is cool as long we know who its for. Paradox was my original profile but I lost the account email and password.. ended up having to make this one.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Maybe related...some of the threads I've bookmarked no longer lead to threads. I just get a general message which states:

ERROR: You've Requested A Page That No Longer Exists (it happens to the best of us) On July 28th, 2007, we underwent a significant upgrade to our servers and technology infrastructure. Part of that upgrade included some modifications to the information architecture across several sites. Perhaps you followed an old link, or used a bookmark to an old page, or, it may even be possible that you (or someone else) mistyped a link to our sites.

The bookmarked threads existed within the last 2 weeks (i.e were created in 2008 hence after the "significant upgrade") and worked fine up to the time of the above message's appearance.

Are some threads removed by ATS, moved to alternative locations or are they being hijacked mischievously?

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapacity

I've noticed that, too, some time ago.
I think it's just that they were removed.

So... any news about the cause of the unwelcome presence of "programmers" on my profile page?

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rapacity
Maybe related...some of the threads I've bookmarked no longer lead to threads. I just get a general message which states:

There are some threads which get moved into R.A.T.S., which stands for Really Above Top Secret. If you look on the Main Board, you'll see it listed.

RATS is available to all members, but requires points payments for access and you can pay for it in your member center

Other threads could be sent to the trash bin if they violate the Terms & Conditions of ATS.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

I have no news, but if it makes you feel any better - it's happened to me before too.

I'm not very technically minded, so I just figure that with a board this big, there's bound to be little glitches here and there.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Hey Vanitas, I cannot offer you a solution either but it has happened to me before too. Hence this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It couldn't be removed if I remember correctly, so I just kept flagging and it eventually went away.

Either way, it is good to know that I am not alone

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join