It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So wheres the silver lining?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I once would have thought that nobody enjoys hearing of a new national or global catastrophe like the recent cyclone in old Burma...

But recent world events and conditions seem to have left me suspcious and to be honest, somewhat pessimistic. I now analyze a situation to see the "pros" and "cons" with vested interest on those who benefit from a given situation.

no matter how horrific an incident or accident may be to those directly affected there will always be a silver lining for somebody/s somewhere and it seems to be that those WHO claim to "care" the most, or at least enough to act, usually manage to scrape up more than a fair whack of that silver...

With people around the world phoning hotlines and making donations left right and center, there must be billions of dollars being passed around by governments...

what better time to do that financial spring cleaning and a load of laundry youve been building up...

My conspiracistic tendancies are starting to shine a touch bright now, but ill throw this out there... I find it very suspicious that the U.S Navy just happens to be doing largescale training to respond to occurances just like this in close proximity to old Burma... perhaps they knew what was coming...

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
i agree on the coincidence but suggesting that we knew that the cyclone was coming is just rediculous, and our navy is kinda everywhere and helping is just the equivilant of good PR

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
No doubt a little, and in some cases a lot of donated money gets pilfered by certain groups somewhere along the paper trail. It would probably be a hard trail to track.
IMO I think it is unlikely that the US knew about the cyclone. Although weather manipulation is definitely possible. Tesla was throwing down bigger bolts than Zeus himself back in his day
so the possibility remains, peace.

join