It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ranking Consumers By Environmental Behavior: India, Brazil Top Index; United States Ranks Last

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Just a reminder...

Please keep the responses focused on the Topic and NOT each other's character or person. Several of the most recent posts have been little more than baiting, sniping, and personal attacks which add nothing to the discussion itself. Future incidents of the same may be subject to removal and or further administrative actions.

Please focus responses on the topic, NOT each other.

Thank you.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Actually I couldn't give a damn one way or the other about your political opinions... I was referring to the way you and brezchenv are behaving on this thread.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Good to know that india is ranking first in environment friendly behaviour

anyways if usa wants to be good nation , stop bombing nations and driving useless inefficient SUV's like escalade

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I call total bullcrap on this survey. I just took it for myself and scored a 61. I am about as far from being an eco-warrior as you can get as I drive an SUV, drink bottled water daily, and could give a damn about most of the questions they asked as far as our sense of "entitlement" goes.

This is a totally unscientific survey which has been carried out in such a way that anyone who wished to make the US look bad could have easily logged into the survey and taken it under the guise of being truthfull, but in reality answering with the worst possible sequence of answers purely to make it appear as though the average American damages the environment more than the average non-American.

Let me ask this... who do you believe is more hurtfull of the environment...

Person 'A' who makes a decent living and consumes accordingly, while also paying high taxes for environmental causes, follows basic workplace & residential ettiquette which pretty much dictates you throw your recyclables in one recepticle and your trash in another, uses a low-flow toilet because their country's law requires all new constructions be equipped with them, pays environmental surcharges for all the electricity, fuel, and many electronic devices they buy, and on top of all of that the stores they shop at often have some sort of percentage kick-back week in which a percentage of profits from sales are donated to various eco programs.

OR

Person 'B' who lives in a country which is overpopulated to the extreme, they crap and urinate in the weeds behind their shanty because their villiage has no indoor plumbing available, they do most of their cooking over wood fires which produce smoke and ash at a phenominally higher rate than their American counterparts who are using clean burning natural gas or electric stoves, gasoline, while used by fewer people than in America, reeks of rotten eggs when burned there because of the insane levels of sulfer in the loosely regulated gas, their homes are, again, heated by either wood, coal, or in rare cases oil burning stoves, recycling is basically unheard of because many of them are forced to either have a family garbage pit in the back yard or else they burn their trash thanks to no provided trash removal services.

Use common sense here, folks. Americans may overconsume, but to attempt to paint us as doing less to protect the environment than some third world cess pool resident is ludacrous.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join