It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Probable Buildings on Mars-moon "Phobos" just take a look!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I was just flipping through my UFO-Space etc. Pictures and found these
specific Phobos pics, i once downloaded somewhere sometime from the web.
Don't ask me where i've found them,... i realy don't know anymore...Sorry!!!!
So i thought about "Mike Sing" and his Pictures and what he has found on Mars after realy looking into the pictures after he magnifies them.
So i did this too with these pics, so you ats-guys have a look on what i've found and tell me what you think of it!!!

1: Phobos-Big Pic with the Area i searched (Yellow Square)
Phobos Search-Area
2:Phobos Complete as a whole
3: Probable Buildings i've found
Buildings#1
4: Filtered with Photoshop
Buildings Filtered
5: With a little bit more light
with more light
6:with stamp filter
Stamped
7: Solarized-Pic: (Possible Hangar???)download and Zoom it!!
Solarized

Maybe i'm totaly wrong, but to me its all looking very artificial
So what do you think???

P.S. here are a Pics together as a rar-file
all Pictures

[edit on 8-5-2008 by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Why do you guys keep putting these pictures in here for us to look at... we have gone over this a thousand times... ?? nothing to look at but a big rock.. there is nothing to see ... and if your seeing structures... you better have your eyes checked?

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by philjwolf

Because on ATS people like to talk about these things.
Maybe you're on the wrong website

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO

Because on ATS people like to talk about these things.
Maybe you're on the wrong website

I thought it was a new rule not to ppost anything controversial...
OH WAIT... yea.. this is the wrong site.. :-p
If you are tired of reading these things..
well... u know

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO

I really don't think there is anything there that you can say "probable buildings" to. You are seeing what you want and it is in more detail to you than what an average viewer sees. To be honest I don't see anything remotely indicating artificial structures that resemble buildings. Sorry.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Certainly interesting. I can see what looks to be a building although I do wear glasses

Any expert opinions from the clever chaps here at ATS?
Thats a beautiful picture if nothing else. Thanks for sharing it

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
What would be useful in these threads is if the OP explained in each case why he thinks the photo shows a building/artificial structure and why such an explanation is more probable than alternatives, such as natural features or image artifacts created by the digital processing etc

(that's a general observation btw - not aimed specifically at the OP of this particular thread)

[edit on 8-5-2008 by Essan]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Hey there!

Thanks for the work you did bringing this post forward!

I am not aware of the correct word but, there is a phenomena where humans tend to see shapes and patterns where none exist. Don't get me wrong! There are most defiantly objects in the picture your provided and took the time to enhance. Unfortunatly, IMO, they are rocks. Our minds (mine included) really, really want to see buildings so, our minds tend to “connect the dots” in ways that fit our mental “ideas” of what the images should look like. I hope that makes sense.

Why am I so sure, as a laymen, that there are not structures on the moon?

Amateur astronomers & distance.

First, there are literally tens of thousands of amateur astronomers all over our world. Which means there are tens of thousands of eyes looking towards the heavens, through telescopes, at any given time. So, if there is a reasonable chance of seeing something (anything really, not just structures on the moon), on a fixed, known object – like a planet, or asteroid belt or the moon itself – chances are it would been seen by quite a few people.

Secondly, distance. The moon is very, very close. Reason that matters? Anyone with a reasonable telescope – nothing fancy – can clearly see much of the visible surface of the moon. It doesn't take millions of dollars to acquire a telescope that can clearly see the surface of the moon and with enough resolution to make out any structures, or remains of structures.

So in closing, IMO, you have thousands of astronomers – both professional and amateur – using everything from binoculars to multi-million dollar telescopes to look at the moon every night for as long as there have been binoculars and then telescopes (and long before). Meaning, if there were evidence of structures on the visible portion of the moon, I don't see any reason this wouldn't have been discovered a long, long time ago. In addition, I don't know of any way “they” could keep something like this quiet.

[edit on 8-5-2008 by SlightlyAbovePar]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Last I Noticed, a user has to 'click' which thread he/she/it choses to read. Don't click on them, if you don't want to read them. You may claim there is nothing to look at, But obviously someone has taken time to look into it, and this is ATS. . . What else are people going to post? truly nothing controversial right? instead of saying there is nothing, Please show us why you claim it is "Nothing". Present facts ^.^

[edit on 8-5-2008 by Hakii]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I see a roughly rectangular white/bright/reflective object. I do not see any doors, windows, fire escapes, smokers nooks or chimneys or anything that would sway me to belive I had seen a building. Maybe it's a big crystal.

"probable" aka likely to be proven true? I don't think so.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I share this image:
there are two enlargements: a bicubic resample and a pixel resize.

Hope this helps

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Maybe it's the Little Prince's house?

Way better pics internos but I remain unswayed. It could be a tiny meteor impacted asteroid that crashed into the larger Phobos. Not the smoking chimney i was looking for.

top topics

join