It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA about to announce something Big?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Shazam The Unbowed

if they found a primordial black hole would that mean that there is a 4th dimension? what if they discovered a 4th dimension.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DuneKnight

We already know there is a fourth dimension. Its time.
No I dont beleive the discovery of a Primordial black hole would change our understanding of how many dimensions there are. My understanding is its simply a very small black hole that could only have been formed during the big bang.

A primordial black hole is a hypothetical type of black hole that is formed not by the gravitational collapse of a star but by the extreme density of matter present during the universe's early expansion.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Peepers wants to play too.

Peepers thinks it 9th dimensional matter gone bust 50 years ago with an expectancy of arrival 54 years from time of matter change. This will coincede with 2012 and the end of all life "on" earth and surrounding planetary systems. Now, Peepers wrote on earth, not below it. So the chosen ones retreating to underground bunkers will survive and replenish the earth just like in the bible and hopi indian stories. Ya know, the one where they come up from below. They claim it happened 4 times before and we have entered the fifth cycle. I'm talkin about the hopi legend.

So this explanation should fullfill everyones conspiracy interest.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I got tired of wading through all the guesses wasting space here, so forgive me if this has already been addressed.
If it hasn't though, I'd like those 500 points from the poster who wagered them. this information has already been leaked I think. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm betting this is it, because it's the ONLY thing I can think of that they've been looking for for that long that is consistant with what is currently known about our universe:

Lost and Found: X-Ray Telescope Locates Missing Matter
www.nasa.gov...

Let me know if this is it or not.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I know I may be gullible, but I'm not biting. Has NASA changed it's stripes? I doubt it. The announcement will be of no benefit to anyone here on ATS. This is just an attempt by NASA to look legitimate as if they are actually carrying out a public mandate. Don't hold your breath.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
That would not be it, they are yet to say what it is. You could be right, or you could be wrong. I guess we have to wait until May 14th to find out. OH THE ANTICIPATION!

I think they found black matter, or better yet, they found the intergalactic space federation that are hiding in the outskirts of our universe!

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
My personal choice would be "NASA discover's nearby Planet believed able to sustain Human Life."

With all of the challenges we face we better start looking for another planet to inhabit in case we screw this one up.

50 years? We have been searching for other planets which could sustain life.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Maybe it is something major for the geeks of the world, but to common folk it is nothing. Lets be ho9nest, when was the last time NASA did or said something that the rest of us bought into?

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by wow23
Maybe it is something major for the geeks of the world, but to common folk it is nothing. Lets be ho9nest, when was the last time NASA did or said something that the rest of us bought into?

Two words for you.
Spirit.
Opportunity.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Although I don't believe NASA is going to announce anything about Planet X, I believe the reason the media is talking about it openly in Australia

(news.sbs.com.au...),

is because they're soon going to be able to see Planet X in the sky. There are already pictures of it coming from New Zealand and South Africa.

And the ONLY reason I'm entertaining the slight possibility of NASA announcing Planet X is because they would effectively quell any mass panic when people start seeing a sizeable glowing red orb in the sky in the next few years. And furthermore, if they don't announce it now, they're going to have to sometime in the near future......because if people start seeing this thing, without any forewarning, they're going to freak out.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The astronomer V. Axel Firsoff remarked, "…my impression has been that much of what Thomas Kuhn has called 'normal science' has degenerated into mindless support of orthodoxy and the so-called 'consensus of opinion', which is arrived at by a process of one scientist repeating what another has said in a kind of mirror-gallery regression for the fear of falling out with his (or her) colleagues. In the end nobody seems to know how this 'consensus' has originated, but anything that is out of step is ruthlessly suppressed."

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
What NASA's getting even bigger budget cuts?

The Hubble broke again?

They found the lost Mars Rover?

Haha, folks I wouldn't get too worked up about this. They probably found some probe they lost in the 1960's..

I seriously doubt NASA is about to go on national TV and blurt out they've found Aliens.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shazam The Unbowed
reply to post by DuneKnight

We already know there is a fourth dimension. Its time.
No I dont beleive the discovery of a Primordial black hole would change our understanding of how many dimensions there are. My understanding is its simply a very small black hole that could only have been formed during the big bang.

A primordial black hole is a hypothetical type of black hole that is formed not by the gravitational collapse of a star but by the extreme density of matter present during the universe's early expansion.

It's also possible that during times when the universe is collapsing (during a big crunch) a specific amount of matter reaches critical density and thus creates another big bang. This is basically the same thing as red giants pulsating in and out. The material spreads out, becomes sparse, then the material falls back onto itself because it's gravity is stronger than the outward momentum. The material collapses onto itself again and some material inside the star reaches the point where nuclear reactions can, again, take place. This forces the material outward again. It's a cycle.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I think it has something to do with this:

Chandra X-Ray Laboratory

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
they've said they can see black holes and a planet orbiting a sun opposite a dead moon with blue and green visible, i hope this lives up to expectations my guess would be a planet like ours sustaining life.
barring any airbrushing if any like was mentioned earlier, im very excited about this.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by allMIGHTY

Why would NASA make a big new announcement of something they've already posted and released to the public? I'm not convinced.

Due to the fact that the Chanda X-ray observatory and ground-based observations have been combined for this astronomical object tells me it is obviously something extremely far away. Black Holes emit X-rays therefore that's what I'm thinking it has something to do with. Some scientists have theorised that there is a black hole at the center of every galaxy and that they are critical to galaxy formation. It is even though that we have a black hole at the center of our galaxy, but no direct observation of a black hole has even taken place. It could be that somehow these observations were all combined to form an image of the black hole at the center of our galaxy. But that's just a guess..

-ChriS

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
More than likely it is proof that black holes do indeed exsist.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by wow23

Non-stick frying pans?

(sorry about the one liner)

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

One of the things I learned in my research of this topic was that NASA has news conferences on a seven day cycle and announces the time and date seven days before the event, so this much is not news and not indicative alone of anything new or exciting.

That NASA claims to have found something that astronomers have been looking for more that 50 years is exciting, but that doesn't mean that the announcement will be earth shattering.

I already suggested the black hole at the center of the galaxy that has been extrapolated from other phenomena in the area, but other likely candidates would be a spinning black hole or a medium brown dwarf.

I'm not sure if those have been searched for for fifty years, but they are things that have been suggested that Chandra would be perfect for detecting in concert with ground-based instruments and would be scientifically significant.

[edit on 2008/5/9 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Ok, lets take a guess!
NASA and JPL figured out how to contain anti-matter which will be used as fuel to knock the planets off course in 2012. The cost of a gram of this stuff is $84 million. So the big news is that anyone suffering from Morgellons is gonna get rich! Morgellons is anti-matter and our bodies perfect containers! Get in line, finally the Government pays!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join