It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA about to announce something Big?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Only 40 min to go. NASA TV now at the moment is just talking about going to Mars and stuff.

I wish they'd hurry up, It's 2:20am Thursday morning here now and i'm damn tired.

It better be good.

As to the person who poested above about the word "object" used, that's what has me interested. The fact that they said "object".

Mikey

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
This is crazy i feel like i'm 10 again and waiting to see whats under the xmas tree

LOL 220am and i thought i was crazy staying up till 1 am

[edit on 14-5-2008 by duffster]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DuneKnight
I feel stupid for anticipating this its not the bloody Oscars. its funny that after the announced we would go here ranting about how it was not worth all the fuss but whatever.

Yeah, I've been searching and trying to figure this thing out (and chasing my cat around the house every so often to releive tension) and will probably scream out in discused when they say..we found apurple star that blinks a thousand times a nano second and its heavy with some x-rays!! Oh boy oh boy duuuh!

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Ok if it is a earth like planet, What questions do you have for NASA?

If it is a black hole? Questions?

Or what is the questions you would have for anything else you may think it is? I will start putting them on the list for Jack to ask NASA during this thing.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
ITEM 1 - DISCOVERY OF MOST RECENT SUPERNOVA IN OUR GALAXY - CXC (NEW) The most recent supernova in our Galaxy, known as G1.9+0.3, has been discovered by tracking the rapid expansion of its remains. This result, using NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory and NRAO's Very Large Array (VLA), has implications for understanding how often supernovas explode in the Milky Way galaxy.
source

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I'm watching NASA TV now aswell but i noticed there's 3 channel to the right to select from

Public Channel
Media Channel
Education Channel

I take that the conference will be presented on the Media Channel? or should i stay watching the guy right now that's talking about the moon?

EDIT: oh forget it, that was lame. each one i click goes back to this guy LOL!

[edit on 14-5-2008 by Renan]

[edit on 14-5-2008 by Renan]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
priolly something lame like, "we've discovered a new galaxy we hadn't seen before blah blah blah..."

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by davidifty

Yes 6pm GMT

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Renan
I'm watching NASA TV now aswell but i noticed there's 3 channel to the right to select from

Public Channel
Media Channel
Education Channel

I take that the conference will be presented on the Media Channel? or should i stay watching the guy right now that's talking about the moon?

They all seem to be showing the same thing (guy talking about the moon).

Mikey

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Renan

the top 2 are the same i just found out

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
My guess:

Globular clusters are the oldest known objects in our galaxy. “ confirmed by Chandra X-ray telescope”
Woo Hoo

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by shramana
ITEM 1 - DISCOVERY OF MOST RECENT SUPERNOVA IN OUR GALAXY - CXC (NEW) The most recent supernova in our Galaxy, known as G1.9+0.3, has been discovered by tracking the rapid expansion of its remains. This result, using NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory and NRAO's Very Large Array (VLA), has implications for understanding how often supernovas explode in the Milky Way galaxy.
source

I want to slap someone!

That is the most uninteresting thing I can think off, I can’t believe I’m staying up for that.

I might as well wait now and keep my fingers crosses that they found the Supernova AND the new object, lol. I can only hope, but I doubt it.

Mikey

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Since they say it is something they have been looking for for 50 years, I would have to refer to their mission statement. So.....could be anything!!! I look forward to the announcement!

link   
It would be nice to have a counter on the Nasa tv site to see how many people are watching this live

link   
they posted a link to the audio stream. of course its a Real Audio stream (yuk)

NASA News Audio Live Streaming

COMING UP:
1 p.m. EDT, Wednesday, May 14

NASA has scheduled a media teleconference to announce the discovery of an object in our Galaxy astronomers have been hunting for more than 50 years.

+ LISTEN LIVE

(Real Audio -- link will not work until 10-15 minutes prior to start time. Stream may be silent until event begins.)

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Watching this NASA TV makes me feel like i'm back at the Walt Disney World Epcot Centre, lol.

Mikey

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
u can only listen to it, u cant watch it

go to news, media resources then news audio

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by blimpseeker

So you think they maybe discovered a new galaxy in our galaxy? One they have been searching out for 50 years?

So many posts on this thread *speculating* so many different wacky things when the actual press release says, and I quote,

"announce the discovery of an object in our Galaxy astronomers have been hunting for more than 50 years. "

I hate playing forum police, but sheesh! C'mon people! Would it KILL you to click ONE LINK and perhaps at least READ a few lines??

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by onesockon

Are you sure?? coz i'm not downloading real player it bites ass

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
My Moneys on something to do with that big white spot in the middle of our galaxy and every other galaxy

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join