It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA about to announce something Big?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on May, 8 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Any idea what this news release is about? www.nasa.gov...

It for sure sounds promising and interesting.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
wow, sure does sound like something interesting. Maby planet X or alien life? I guess we will have to wait and see.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
That site is down. Can you post a quote?

AlBeMeT

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlBeMet

AlBeMeT

MEDIA ADVISORY : M08-089

NASA to Announce Success of Long Galactic Hunt

WASHINGTON -- NASA has scheduled a media teleconference Wednesday, May 14, at 1 p.m. EDT, to announce the discovery of an object in our Galaxy astronomers have been hunting for more than 50 years. This finding was made by combining data from NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory with ground-based observations.

To participate in the teleconference, reporters must contact the Chandra Press Office at 617-496-7998 or e-mail [email protected]. Live audio of the teleconference will be streamed online at:

www.nasa.gov...

A video file about the discovery will air on NASA Television on May 14. NASA TV is carried on an MPEG-2 digital signal accessed via satellite AMC-6, at 72 degrees west longitude, transponder 17C, 4040 MHz, vertical polarization. NASA TV is available in Alaska and Hawaii on AMC-7 at 137 degrees west longitude, transponder 18C, at 4060 MHz, horizontal polarization.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   

hopefully its not an earthbound asteroid lol

Mod Edit - trimmed quote

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8-5-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by phaistonian

Originally posted by AlBeMet

AlBeMeT
MEDIA ADVISORY : M08-089

Thank you!

[edit on 8-5-2008 by elevatedone]

[edit on 8-5-2008 by AlBeMet]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
wow, that sounds cool! I wonder what it could be... Maybe they've finally found a wormhole so now we can travel to the other side of the galaxy? Or maybe it's proof of that old medieval opinion that earth really is the center of the solar system...

anyways, great find! I've made a note in my agenda!

[edit on 8-5-2008 by cappuccino]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Fibonacci11235

many lolz

wow,this is exciting! Um,I wonder what it is,it's got to be either a planet that can support us close by,or a planet with alien life on it,or planet x or oh wow,anything!! We live in interesting times

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by phaistonian

oh,and I'm sorry,but you're never allowed to post again,cos your points thingy is at 303,and that's "my" number. Then this will turn out to be something proper big. Mods,close the account!!
(I'm joking btw)

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Lets Play The Guess Game.

I Think They Found A Wormhole

or maybe is this www.canada.com...

[edit on 8-5-2008 by CzErased]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Is there any reason they're waiting until the 14th May to tell us what it is? If they already have the information then why not just divulge it now?!

Ohhh, unless they have some pictures that need to go through the NASA airbrusing department first..

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
They said it's something they've been looking for for 50 years. I'm guessing it would be another planet.

Or... some cosmological explanation for a phenomena they haven't developed a complete theory for yet.

That's my guess.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I think it's a galactic McDonald's and they've sold over 500,000,000,000 hamburgers to galactic fleets and regular alien customers.

Could be a black hole?

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
whatever it is, for NASA to announce it publicly would mean that they have known about it for atleast 10 years I'd say and even sent expeditions of either robots or astronauts to explore it, and Id say its the suns dark twin, aka Planet X that heats up and becomes somewhat alive the closer it gets to our sun....but thats just me.

+20 more 
posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Common sense, reason and logic tells you that this information they are going to release is important to only a very small, minor segment of the population (scientist, astronomers, nerds) and concerns something that is not very important. So any speculation concerning this release being something huge is born from ignorance of how things work and the inability to use common sense.

As far as the guy who said something to the effect of "why wait, can't they release it now if its so important?" That statment is too born of ignorance concerning the scientific and media community, and if you settle down, think for a moment, it will be clear to you why they do it in this manner.

If I need to explain further, plain and simple, your a reason the UFO community is looked upon as outcast weirdos who will believe anything and see a conspiracy in everything. You guys propagate this stereotype with reckless abandon, and ruin the only hope of actually finding out more because you play into the hand that feeds so to speak.

Sorry to be so blunt, but its reality. Continue to scream about things of which you have no clue, while making reckless guesses based on your ignorance, and the only thing you do is help to ensure that this subject remains fodder for casual humor.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Naturally, most people on this site are going to guess that it's something to do with Planet X. lol

Hopefully, Richard C. Hoagland will appear on C2C tonight and offer some possibilities for this finding.

[edit on 8-5-2008 by Impreza]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

sorry mate, i am a geek, this is way too exciting for me, is like a sugar rush.

[edit on 8-5-2008 by CzErased]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I thought I was onto a pretty good theory but after some researching, it turned out that Jimmy Hoffa didn't actually disappear until 1975.

Whatever it is, they would have been looking since sometime before 1958.

+16 more 
posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Common sense, reason and logic tells you that this information they are going to release is important to only a very small, minor segment of the population (scientist, astronomers, nerds) and concerns something that is not very important. So any speculation concerning this release being something huge is born from ignorance of how things work and the inability to use common sense.

As far as the guy who said something to the effect of "why wait, can't they release it now if its so important?" That statment is too born of ignorance concerning the scientific and media community, and if you settle down, think for a moment, it will be clear to you why they do it in this manner.

If I need to explain further, plain and simple, your a reason the UFO community is looked upon as outcast weirdos who will believe anything and see a conspiracy in everything. You guys propagate this stereotype with reckless abandon, and ruin the only hope of actually finding out more because you play into the hand that feeds so to speak.

Sorry to be so blunt, but its reality. Continue to scream about things of which you have no clue, while making reckless guesses based on your ignorance, and the only thing you do is help to ensure that this subject remains fodder for casual humor.

I was actually asking a question because I DON'T KNOW why dates are given as to when information will be released. When you don't know the answer to something you ask a question right? I don't think it warranted a response like that!!

After all, mainstream news isn't kept from the public until a certain date is it, that's my point, if they have news then why not release it? Please do enlighten me and all the other 'ignorant' people that may ask the same question...

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I'm guessing they have found... a DVD of 50 years of NASA available to buy at your local stores or online. Or perhaps a limited edition commemorative Book, signed by Neil Armstrong et al - what better way to celebrate 50 glorious years (NASA was established on July 29, 1958)

Where's me chequebook?

Berth

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join