It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do I find life simulator software?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I'm sure someone in the group can figure this out... I'm looking for a game or actually software, not technically a game, that is a life simulator... I watched a video and saw the software work, so I know it's out there somewhere... I have looked for hours and can't find what I'm looking for... The one I recall the person made a 3D model with limbs and then ran a scenario to see what it would do to move around... It used AI and made it's own decisions, learned etc... He found that they each took on their own personalities per say... Some attacked to get to the item while others simply figured out ways around the attack to get the item... Some would grab the item and run away etc... It was very interesting and yet I can't find it anywhere... Please anyone if you know what I mean know who I could contact to maybe get a copy of this software, that would make my day! I would really enjoy creating some of these models and watching them interact... Something about AI or intelligence in general that awe's me...

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUncleSam

Hi Electric,

You might look at the bottom of this site:

International Society of Artificial Life

It looks like a group of scientists interested in your questions.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Toromos

Wow cool man, you are my friend now! Yay, I'm going to check the links out and see what's here...

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
You may alternately be thinking of Spore, which is due out in just a few months.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra
You may alternately be thinking of Spore, which is due out in just a few months.

Nice, Nice, Nice! Watching a video on SPORE now and it looks really cool! Can't wait to get it... thanks for letting me know !!!

top topics

join