It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs Over Edwards Air Force Base

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Part 4

Part 5

I try to find as much info on this, but there is so few.
Not much about this on ATS either. This post from lightseeker is one of those few that I can find here.
I also cannot find the Bluebook document regarding this incident, but I found this on the internet. UFO Casebook

edit: videos

[edit on Thu, 8 May 08 by Jazzyguy]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

Hi, Jazzyguy

I confess you that it's hard to find informations about this case.

Page ID (PID) NARA-PBB1-356
Collection National Archives (NARA)
Roll Description NARA Blue Book Roll 1
Document Code T1206-1

Page ID (PID) NARA-PBB94-810
Collection National Archives (NARA)
Roll Description NARA Blue Book Roll 94
Document Code T1206-94

Project Blue Book - Relevant file

As you can see, the first page of the report reads 17 photos:
well, believe it or not, in no one of the scans is visible something, they all look like this one:

Seventeen pages of nothing there, mate.

Regarding this issue, i've found this document:

Form: BBDocs
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 14:40:58 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Recent Research Into Edwards Incident; Oct 7, 1965
Cat: 9,11
To: CE, SHG, NCP

A search for anything regarding the October 7, 1965 incident at Edwards turned up two items:
1) NARA-PBB1-356 - A listing on a sighting page at Blue Book. Listed as "visual" and "radar". Note "separate folder" and all the explanations, none of which "fly" based on what we hear on the audiotapes.
2) NARA-PBB94 810-828 - Cover page, "File 10021, Oct. 7, 1965, Edwards AFB, 17 photos", and 17 pages of "photos".

Both items are inserted below, for the record.

I then suggested to William Wise of the Project Blue Book Archive that we jump ahead to 1965 and try to locate further documents on this incident. He replied:

"I have no problem with jumping ahead to the relevant 1965 roll. Do you mean NARA roll or NARA-Maxwell roll? I'm not sure what would be required to finance this beyond purchasing the relevant NARA roll. Jan would probably be willing to lend us his roll but it might be better yet to try the NARA-Maxwell roll instead. For around $100.00 per roll we can have the roll scanned by a service bureau but the results I've been able to acquire thus far via this method, although acceptable, have been less than optimal."
Perhaps there's a way to get better scans

Source: www.www.nicap.org...

Here you can find the real audio recordings obtained through the freedom of information act.
UFO's Over Edwards Air Force Base - Audio file
They should be also already covered in the videos of the OP, but i'm not sure.

UFO Alert at Edwards Air Force Base, California - October 7, 1965
By Nuclear Connection Project

Francis Ridge:
Up to twelve luminous UFOs flew over this secure test facility and the region, and at least one F-106A interceptor was scrambled from George AFB at Victorville. All of this action was captured on classified U.S. Air Force audio tapes which have now been declassified and are available to the public along with official documentation.The question in my mind is, what was going on during those 3-4 hours we don't know about? If we were allowed to hear only 6 hours of 40, and read only 17 pages of hard-to-read documents, what is it we were NOT allowed to hear and see? The documents we have make it clear that by the time Alpha Lima Zero One was scrambled at at 1209Z or 5:09 PM PDT, "the activity was just about over."

Major Struble from an outfit known as LAADS (Los Angeles Air Defense Sector), a division of ARADCOM (Army Air Defense Command) authorized the making of these recordings of voice transmissions made by military personnel to and from Edwards Air Force Base- from base to base communications, phone patches, ground to air radio & tower to air radio. These recordings archived the conversations which documented this event of UFO visitation of a highly secure military base. The audio recordings were made on an extra track of large reels of radar data tapes, which were running all the time in the case of an accident and the need to review the radar tracks.

The event at Edwards Air Force Base took place over about a five hour period and since the voice recordings were made from at least 8 positions, approximately 40 hours of audio recordings had to have been made. Out of the possible 40 hours of these tape recordings only 6 hours were declassified by the Department of the Air Force.

Darryl Clark, Capt. 329th Fighter Interceptor Squadron (FIS), George AFB, Calif., was an alert pilot with Detachment.1 at Edwards AFB. He happened to be on duty this evening and was called upon to observe the activity. His observations were all made from the ground. Captain Clark was one of the important Alert Pilots at Edwards Air Force Base on the night of October 7, 1965. He was entrusted with flying one of the Hot Birds, as planes loaded with Nuclear Weapons were called, that protected the western part of the United States. Skilled at target identification, Captain Clark is heard on the original Air Force recordings describing his UFO sighting of that night. (See Darryl Clark actual statement below)

That evening, October 7 (and the following one, October 8), 1965, some 700 engineers and scientists attended the Fourth X-15 Technical Conference at the (then) NASA Flight Research Center at Edwards AFB. This dealt with the research results of the 150 some X-15 flights made since 1959. (Astronautics and Aeronautics 1965 NASA SP-4006, page 464 - Joel Carpenter)

Report / RADAR
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 20:50:57 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Edwards AFB Encounter & Radar, Oct. 1965
To: [email protected]

There were a number of radars at each site, generally a search radar and a height-finder radar, and it is not always clear which ones were actually in use.

Furthermore there were quite possibly FAA radar, AF air defense radars, and AF air traffic control radar all involved. Edwards AFB Tower had at least one air traffic radar, a RAPCON (radar approach control).

The Blue Book docs indicate the radar scope photos were taken by San Pedro because San Pedro declares the Track Numbers and talks about scope photos.

San Pedro was the 670th ACW Squadron (later the 670th Radar Squadron) at Fort MacArthur, CA at:
Latitude: 33-44-46 N, Longitude: 118-20-10 W

However, San Pedro in 1965 operated both an FAA ARSR-1C search radar, an AF FPS-27 frequency diversity S-band SAGE search radar (150,000 ft and 220 nmi range), and two AF height-finders FPS-90 (modified FPS-6B) S-band height-finder and FPS-26A frequency diversity C-band SAGE height-finder.

Boron AF Station 750th AC&W Squadron was at Edwards AFB at the NE corner of the Edwards reservation.
Boron AFS, CA, was at:
Latitude: 35-04-44 N, Longitude: 117-34-45 W

Boron in 1965 was a joint-use FAA/ADC radar site, and had an FPS-35 frequency diversity SAGE search radar, an FPS-26A height-finder, an FPS-90 height-finder and possibly still an older FPS-6A height-finder.

Captain Clark's Sighting, The Edwards AFB Encounter, Nuclear Weapons
The Edward's AFB encounter of October 7, 1965 is graphically described on authenticated Air Force radar tapes. One of the witnesses on that tape was Captain Darryl Clark.
Download audio here (.mp3)
The transcription and the actual document, followed by the retyped version can be found here:
www.nicap.org...

LINKS:

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Evaluation:
1. Astro
2. Balloon (again)
3. Returns Due to meteorological condition
What is this supposed to mean?

*sigh* I know. If it's a weather phenomenon and a misidentification of celestial objects, why they classify the tapes for 30 years.

Thanks a bunch, internos, as always you are very informative.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
reply to post by internos

Evaluation:
1. Astro
2. Balloon (again)
3. Returns Due to meteorological condition
What is this supposed to mean?

*sigh* I know. If it's a weather phenomenon and a misidentification of celestial objects, why they classify the tapes for 30 years.

Thanks a bunch, internos, as always you are very informative.

In my opinion, this thread should stay alive.

Now if you'd hear the original radio tapes relased through the freedom of information act, HERE

you would find out that the explanations that have been provided in the relevant Project BB file don't make sense, no one of them actually does.

• You can rule out the balloons theory, (listen to Track# 3)

• You can rule out the Astro (star/planet) theory because they have been spotted by RADARS: check what says Captain Darryl Clark here.

• You can rule out the "returns due to meteorogical conditions", because in according to what we hear, an EVASIVE MANOEUVRE has been reported

My take is that this is a GENUINE UFO case mate, just my 2 cents.

[edit on 9/5/2008 by internos]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Lots of thanks to Jazzyguy for starting this thread! This UFO-case is fascinating, and it seems that this is the real deal. I sure hope the thread will get the attention it deserves.

And as always, I am just completely amazed by all the valuable and very interesting informartion Internos has managed to dig up. Wow!

Best regards to both Jazzyguy and Internos from Ziggystar60.

[edit on 9-5-2008 by ziggystar60]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
In my opinion Project Bluebook was a Public front to satisfy the public that an official investigation was going on albeit without releasing anything significant.

Why do I say this ?

Because it was said by J. Allen Hynek, who worked for Blue Book as a consultant, that he could only say what they approved him to say.

It was during the late stages of Blue Book in the 1960s that Hynek began speaking openly about his disagreements and disappointments with the Air Force. Among the cases where he openly dissented with the Air Force were the highly publicized Portage County UFO Chase (where several police officers chased a UFO for half an hour), and the encounter of Lonnie Zamora. A police officer, Zamora reported an encounter with a metallic, egg-shaped aircraft near Socorro, New Mexico. Zamora witnessed two humanoid occupants of the craft, and in its apparently hasty departure, the craft left physical evidence of its presence. As of 2007, no entirely adequate explanation has been presented that would contradict Zamora's account—in fact, in a secret memo for the CIA, Blue Book's director at the time, Major Quintanilla, expressed his own bafflement at the case. Hynek described the case as a potential "Rosetta Stone" that might unlock the UFO mystery.

en.wikipedia.org...

Therefore I don't think we can expect any revelations from BB, it is however imho a useful reference tool for dates and comparative data.

edit to add nice work internos have a star

[edit on 9-5-2008 by sherpa]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by internos
  • You can rule out the balloons theory, (listen to Track# 3)

• You can rule out the Astro (star/planet) theory because they have been spotted by RADARS: check what says Captain Darryl Clark here.

• You can rule out the "returns due to meteorogical conditions", because in according to what we hear, an EVASIVE MANOEUVRE has been reported

• I knew that internos, it's also in the videos. What I am trying to say is, why they still wrote that instead of insufficient data?

And another thing, about the missing photos. In the video I do not recall anyone say anything about photos, although there is visual confirmation by binoculars. But why the first page stated 17 photos. I mean are they just too lazy to even remove that first page?

internos and others, I have never heard this particular case before. Is this the first time you hear it too?

Personally I tend to lean on secret aircraft projects for a lot of ufo sightings but this one, uh I'm not so sure it's one of ours. If they are ours they have to be pretty pretty above top secret and high tech, it's 1965 after all. Besides, Chuck claims that for every secret aircraft that was going to launch from Edwards, they have to 'coordinate' with him. Chuck said there was none. Although the SR-71 and B-70 (I assume Chuck means XB-70) were on testing at that period.

Anyone has the missing photos?

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:53 PM
    link   
    Wouldn't it be amazing if this is a genuine ET case?
    Doesn't that bother you? I mean if ET is actually real, and they have been around this long.

Anyway, if this is ET's I bet those are probes. There are 7 objects, one is large the others are small. The large one maybe a command ship or a big probe.
    The 3 that was flying in formation, probably doing a normal scan, the other 3 was doing a more random scan, hence the erratic pattern.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 03:13 PM
    link   
    How could Captain Clark possibly mis spell nuclear in his letter?

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 05:56 PM
    link   

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:40 PM
    link   
    Apparently the USAF were considering use of nuclear weapons as deterrents to this 'fleet' of craft at one point during the encounter:

Further, the Air Force scrambled several jet fighters after them and during the event the possible use of nuclear weapons even became an issue.

www.ufocasebook.com...

It was also blatantly obvious that these craft, whatever they are became heavily interested in our military installations after the development and proliferation of atomic weapons..

• NICAP Nuclear Directory
  • Edwards 1965 Directory

As internos already stated, there is not much information on this case as this was heavily covered up, as was most UFO cases after about 1960. But this thread should definitely get more attention than it has so I am bumping it.

There is reportedly pictures taken of the radar scope, in addition to the pictures taken over the base, as internos has already shown (which are about the worst pictures I have ever seen,lol) the pictures are non relevant because they are non-viewable. I guess the radar pictures, real UFO pictures, and the rest of the transcripts are locked up the same place all the other legitimate UFO evidence is(like The Tremonton film) in the US---the Pentagon.

Good thread OP and thanks for attempting to bring as much as you could to the board. In my opinion I think this was a legitimate case of UFOs likely piloted by alien beings and has since been covered up on a massive scale.

• posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:17 PM
    link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
    But this thread should definitely get more attention than it has so I am bumping it.

Agreed!

This is an amazing find; I thought I had read about most of the leading UFO cases but this one is totally new to me and quite shocking in its implications.

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
    Doesn't that bother you? I mean if ET is actually real, and they have been around this long.

What really bothers me is that this occured over 40 years ago and we still appear to be no closer to learning the truth about the reality of the alien presence here and their intentions towards humanity. Hate to say it, but the people who cover this up do a damn good job of it.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:38 AM
    link   
    The original videos from the History Channel have been removed. I'll post two other videos, one is the transcript of the audio recording, the other is from the Unexplained Mysteries UFO Best Evidence.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 01:05 PM
    link   
    Sorry to revive an old topic, but I've been trying to find the photos of the Edwards Air Force Base UFO (or weather balloon...) that suppoesdly were printed in the book "Project Blue Book" by Brad Steiger. If these are available online, can you point me to them?

Thanks!

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:08 AM
    link   
    reply to post by DetectiveFork

I wish I could help you there, but it's zilch from me, perhaps you should ask others.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 05:31 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Jazzyguy

---

Nice stuff Jazzyguy
    You certainly researched and produced some interesting stuff. Stuff I don't know enough about to add comment for now.
    Thanks,
    Decoy

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:22 AM
    link   
    Great thread.

According to the article below,Astronaut Dr Edgar Mitchell was also at Edwards AFB that night:

Audio tapes of a genuine UFO Alert at Edwards Air Force base and studied by the Foreign Technology Division at Wright Patterson Air Force Base, are now available for distribution to the public.
    Lunar Astronaut Dr. Edgar Mitchell was at Edwards the night the UFO chase occurred. The 6th person to walk on the moon said, "The night it happened I investigated it myself and this was a real event."

www.paranormalnews.com...

As for Project Bluebook obfuscating the truth by concocting nonsensical UFO explanations - it certainly wouldn't be the first time:

"As a result of several trips to project Bluebook,I´ve had an opportunity to examine quite carefully and in detail the types of reports that are made by Bluebook personnel. In most cases,I have found that theres almost no correlation between so-called "evaluations and explanations" that are made by Bluebook and the facts of the case...
    There are hundreds of good cases in the Air Force files that should have led to top-level scientific scrutiny of this problem,years ago,yet these cases have been swept under the rug in a most disturbing way by Project Bluebook investigators and their consultants."

Dr James McDonald -Senior physicist at the Institute for Atmospheric Physics and professor in the Department of Meteorology at the University of Arizona

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:38 PM
    link   
    Some mighty fine posts on this thread and I did find the testimony from Air Force air traffic controller Chuck Sorrels extremely interesting - especialy the part where he describes the object´s appearance and flight characteristics.

Edwards Air force base. October, 1965 - object(s) description:

Chuck Sorrels: My name is Chuck Sorrels, a retired Air Force air traffic controller. I'm recording this on May 16, 1995. In 1965, 30 years ago, I was a tech sergeant in the U.S. Air Force, attached to the19 25th Communication Squadron at Edwards Air Force Base in California. I was the air traffic controller on duty in Edwards tower on the night of October 7, 1965. I was working a midnight shift in the tower when at approximately 1:30 a.m., I spotted a group of luminous objects in the air above and around Edwards Air Force Base. They had a flashing red light on the bottom, with a green, glowing light above the red.

They also sometimes flashed or glowed a white light above the green light. The sightings lasted until about daylight, 5:30 or six a.m. At first I sighted one object, which was larger and brighter than the rest. At one point there were seven objects visible at the same time. The objects would be stationary for a period of time and then move very fast to another location and appeared to be able to climb straight up in short order. Good eyesight and my experience as an air traffic controller made it plain to me that these luminous objects were not planes, helicopters, stars, satellites, weather balloons or any other known aerial object. Your job as an air traffic controller calls for you to be watchful.Training told me these were not normal objects. The objects weren't supposed to be there. These were objects out of the normal, from their appearance and flight characteristics. I reported these sightings to base operations and the Los Angeles Air Defense Sector. The objects were also seen by at least five other people on Edwards Air Force Base. They were also seen by George Air Force Base tower and were showing up on radar in at least four different radar sight locations.

NICAP Link

edit on 9-12-2012 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:26 AM
    link   
    Francis Ridge states NICAP supports the Edwards AFB UFO Case:

NICAP coordinator Francis Ridge talks about the extraordinary 7th October 1965 Edwards Air Force Base UFO incident.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:33 PM
    link   
    This is a truly remarkable case, true U.FO.s and not even one theory from credible witnesses as to what they could've been. This wouldn't have been classified for 30 years for no reason

top topics

<<   2 >>

join