It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another new tax plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I just posted another thread in regards to letting states decide on certain issues and it got me thinking a little bit. As an alternative to federal income tax why not take that power away from the Federal Government and give it to the states. The original intent of our country as a republic was for states to remain free and independent, working for the unique individual needs of a certain group of people in a certain geographical area. The federal government was created like this...

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquillity, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

What we have lost is state’s individual rights in lieu of a federal government that controls all. So not only is the federal government now in control we have virtually lost all of our rights as Free states joined together for common interests. We are now the 50 states controlled by the federal government. Not really a republic. The federal government controls the money and thus controls the states.

Now finally the great new tax plan of the century that also gives back power to the people. In order to be a part of the republic of the United States each member must contribute annual dues to the federal government for use in common defence as well as other issues that are clearly defined. The federal Government is no longer allowed to tax its citizens. The federal Government will derive its operating budget from the states as well as import export taxes. Take the power away from the federal government and give it back to the states. It can't spend what it doesn't have. Any successful person in life will tell you to live beneath your means as a method of wealth accumulation.

[edit on 8-5-2008 by photobug]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Right. The state collects the taxes from the people and pays them to the Federal Government. Why the "middle man"?

The states' rights are basically being able to increase the "pain" of the federal mandates. Some limits are in place like no state may charge more than X amount state sales tax, etc. The states tax citizens AND the federal government does, too - states just can't tax (whatever the limit is now) above the federal taxes - but they CAN tax (Texas has no state income tax, however many areas of the state have the maximum allowable state sales tax in place at 8.25%, whereas Kansas has a state income tax AND sales tax).

I think we agree in that the States have an obligation, based on income of it's citizenry, to tax the populace and businesses within it and pay the Federal tax that way. I KNOW I KNOW that is overly simplified and doesn't take into account interstate businesses and multinationals, etc...

But, you know the Federal government is in debt several trillion FEDNOTES, right?

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Now THIS is what Political Ideology is all about..!!!

Starred and Flagged...

Have you all looked at the Fair Tax?

If so, what do you think of it?

Here is a link..

Fair Tax

Semper

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I've looked a little bit at the fair tax, but to be honest I really need to read it more throughly. I'm not sure what the solution is without a lot of study, but what I do know is it has to change.

What do you think would happen if we were able to change our monetary system, eliminate the fed, and abolish the IRS? What if the united states was to implement a new currency system and simply default on the trillions of debt? Woudl countries like China that got stung declare war to try and recoup their assests?

[edit on 9-5-2008 by photobug]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Well we don't have State governments so I cant really speak out to much on the state vs federal government . Had living costs not been rising so fast and the motive behind the carbon emission scheme was to make New Zealand a better place we might have seen tax reform on the agenda . On the other hand global warming is nothing more then a fraud and a conspiracy to tax people and commerce . Overall I would much prefer to see tax breaks given to environmentally friendly company's but I digress.

new topics

top topics

join