Is "Webnet Global Communications" a legit company? If so their 3dh technology is amazing.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Funny- but sad for the fools who fall for it. Here's Webnet's next attempt to make some moulah:

July 22, 2008
Dear Licensees and Shareholders:
During the past 30 days several events have occurred that will require an all out effort to resolve. All of us are going to be tested to determine our resolve to keep WebNet solvent. I have traveled Canada and the US meeting with Co-Lo Licensees and Shareholders. Everyone wants to see the Company make it and everyone wants to protect their investment and its potential.

WebNet is in the middle of a re-organization plan. This plan has a main objective of getting your money back as quickly as possible. That is our principal goal and includes a going forward plan to create ongoing revenue and shareholders value. We believe it is better for us to take a step back, review the current position and allow us to take several steps forward.

The Company has run into a major immediate and potentially fatal cash flow shortage. Our plan calls for the following actions:

1. The Board has entered into a restructuring plan.

2. A 2nd mortgage is being placed on the residence of the writer to meet the payable obligations of the Company. This will still leave a shortfall in payables and ongoing operating capital.

3. The Board has met with creditors and landlords to eliminate office lease space where practical, reduce overhead and lower our burn rate to the bare minimum. In the past week we have laid off over 100 employees and reduced our burn rate from near $800 thousand per month to $140 thousand per month. This is manageable and attainable.

4. The Company is in negotiation with entities who have indicated an interest in taking over WebNet assets on the basis that revenue streams continue to WebNet.

5. The Company has begun new sales and marketing programs that will generate revenues to WebNet for the specific purpose of repaying you. After your payback the revenues will continue to provide shareholder value.

6. The Board has established an Investor Trust with a US Attorney who will administrate the Trust.

7. The Board requests that Shareholders and Co-Lo Licensees limit the number of telephone calls and emails to give us more time to deal with the crisis. We will answer emails but it may be a week or more before we do. It’s not that we don’t want to talk to you; it’s just the volume. We will make every attempt to keep you posted during this critical time.

8. The Company is appealing to its Investor base to help it through the next 90 days.
9. The Company has pulled down the Network to stop a negative $90 thousand monthly shortfall. We were willing to absorb this monthly loss, however it just doesn’t make sense to continue the losses when other areas of the Company are making profit.

10. The Company continues to operate some VoIP services and Video Verified Security. Additionally revenues are being developed in 3D Technology which we believe will be the best revenue generator in the long term.

11. During the past week the Company has laid off 85% of its staff on both sides of the border. These cuts are across the board and include Senior and Mid-Level management and most of the labor force. The accounting department has stayed largely intact and key personnel in the Technical Department have stayed on. The staff understands the situation and has agreed to jump in where necessary to fill the void as required.

We are sure this re-structuring will come as a shock to some of you. Many of you will have doubts but please allow me to explain how we find ourselves in this position and how we intend on working our way out of thisand returning all investor money.

First of all I am assuming that your objectives are in alignment with our Board and staff to save the Company .The Board can just throw our hands in the air and go into receivership. We are not prepared to do that

(continues below)

[edit on 23-7-2008 by scam_hunter]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
During the past two years, WebNet has had an independent contract with Bruce Perkins. Perkins developed a relationship with Darren Weeks of “Fast Tracks to Cash Flow”. During seminars across Canada, Perkins and his sons (Perkins) marketed Co-Lo Territory Licenses. Approximately one year ago, Perkins approached management and indicated they wanted to make more money and that they would form their own new
corporations, (Newco’s) produce their own Offering Memorandums (OM) and also own Licenses that they would purchase from WebNet.

Perkins et al put together 14 such Newco companies and sold investors into those companies. These new companies are arms length from WebNet. It didn’t take Perkins long to make a mistake on their OM’s and bring the BC Securities Commission (BCSC) down on them. Unfortunately it affected WebNet as well. Perkins lacked the sophistication to direct their attorney to properly fill out the forms and in an early filing one of the questions asked was “What was the employment of the applicant”. Perkins answered “WebNet”. This was not true but it tied them into WebNet and resulted in the BCSC placing a cease trade order on them with the remedy they include WebNet’s business plan and financials in their offering. We of course, would not agree to that.
In approximately April of this year, John Bruder and the writer asked Perkins for a meeting. Flush from BCSC problems, we advised him that we were no longer selling securities and had decided to stop Perkins from marketing Co-Lo Licenses. We informed Perkins et al they had an obligation to finish up the 14 OM’s. Perkins asked if he and Darren Weeks could sell 3dh Vertical Licenses at the “Fast Tracks to Cash Flow” shows. We advised him, on advice of our counsel that we didn’t want to do that because of the BCSC issues.

Perkins came into our offices about one week later and announced he was going to work for Darren Weeks. We congratulated him and wished him well. Little did we know that he would abruptly stop marketing Licenses and not complete his obligations to buy Licenses from WebNet and look after his subscribers. WebNet cannot legally step into the void since these investors are in companies not controlled by WebNet. The most important thing is that at this point these companies have outstanding unpaid License fees in excess
of a half million dollars. We have Perkins subscribers calling to find out the status of their paper work, GST rebates and in some cases their deposit checks that have not been deposited in the bank.

This precipitous action of Perkins has damaged our cash flow and created additional problems. WebNet has incurred expenses in designing the Territories, pre-deployment studies, planning, equipment purchase, etc. WebNet has paid some of these costs, but without payment in full we will be delayed finishing the projects.

However the worst was yet to come. Darren Weeks called the writer and insisted he had been told by 3dh Communications, Inc (3dh) of Atlanta that WebNet didn’t have an Agreement of any type with 3dh Communications. Further he insisted that WebNet had not given 3dh any money and all that WebNet was telling investors was not true. Weeks and Perkins circulated these stories to many of our marketing people, shareholders and Co-Lo Licensees. That killed five prospective deals which were in various stages of closing in the amount of two and one half million dollars. This tortuous and slanderous action cost the Company considerable loss and damage.

We found out that Weeks/Perkins traveled to Atlanta and visited 3dh and pitched them to allow them to use 3dh technology to sell marketing verticals developed by WebNet. 3dh adamantly insists they told Weeks/Perkins that they had a contract with WebNet and had received money from WebNet. Weeks/Perkins choose to come back to Canada and continue spreading these false rumors in an effort to damage WebNet without ever asking to see our Agreement. We suspect their motive was pure greed...

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
...We suspect their motive was pure greed. Counsel indicates we have a considerable claim which will be made in due course.

These acts by Weeks/Perkins have damaged our cash flow dramatically. In spite of them, WebNet has taken steps to solve the cash flow problem. It is only temporary. We have brought on a new CFO who is going to administrate our re-organizational program. He has been very helpful in our financial evaluation, auditor engagement, and restructuring as we anticipate the opportunity to approach the public markets.

WebNet has hired an excellent law firm who are advising us how to re-structure the Company to reduce liability and permit us to meet the BCSC requirements and remedies. Additionally, we have found another 3D company that can give us everything 3dh claimed they were capable of and more. We are in negotiations with them and given that we can finalize an agreement, we will be developing marketing, content and hardware programs with them. If 3dh wants to continue our contract, we will work with them, but everything’s on the table.

The Board of Directors of WebNet needs your immediate help so we can turn around our cash flow over the next 90 days. WebNet has established the “WebNet Funding Trust” which is domiciled in Nevada with Mr. Bill Hustwit Esq. as the Trustee. The purpose of the Trust is to administrate the WebNet reorganization program and further to administrate the revenues from sales created by WebNet to repay all of our Investors and Licensees. That is our principal goal.

Webnet Needs to borrow some money.. We are asking you to loan us whatever you feel comfortable with for a 12 month period. The “WebNet Funding Trust” will send you a Promissory Note in the amount you loan and pay you 15% on a one year note. You could loan us $500, $1,000 or more to help us get beyond this cash crunch. We could go to outside lenders, but the rates would be usurious and it will take too long. Time is of the essence. We must have this well underway by Friday, July 25. You can help us save the Company and investments. A little help from each of you will assist us in keeping the Company moving the next 90 days and by then we expect adequate revenues will kick in, fund us and start the recovery process.

WebNet has developed a Global Store program that is beginning to produce revenues. Additionally we have developed another marketing program that we are confident will produce revenues in the next 60 days. The two programs will allow us to pay back all of our obligations. The first priority we will address will be the short term notes, secondly: royalty catch up and thirdly: Investor payback. Once we have paid everyone back you remain in the program as initially planned. Co-Lo Licensees will now receive 5% of Gross on all WebNet business, not just their Territory License purchased.

We know there are some who cannot help us because you are yourself in financial problems. Thanks you for your support anyway. Others of you can make a difference and we need your help now. Please act now by:

1. Directly depositing in Canada to:
WebNet Converged Wireless Network Ltd
Bank of Nova Scotia
Account # 14245-13
Transit # 03020-022
Swift Code # Nosccatt

2. Directly depositing in the US to:
WebNet Global USA, Inc.
Bank of America
81 West Mesquite Blvd.
Mesquite, NV 89027
Checking Account # 004971285853
ABA Routing # 122400724 (FOR DEPOSITS ONLY)
Wire Routing #026009593 (FOR WIRES ONLY)

Or by Mail or Courier to:
WebNet Converged Wireless Network
Suite 103, 2760 Trethewey St.,
Abbotsford, British Columbia,
Canada V2T 3R1

All of this money will be placed in the WebNet Funding Trust account. Please fax a copy of any deposits or bank wire information to 604.557.9558. WebNet Funding Trust will immediately send you a Promissory Note. Promissory Note, from this liar???

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
The Board is obviously getting a lot of calls and emails about the moves we have made to limit the drain of cash. We are negotiating with several companies who want to take parts of WebNet and manage them while giving us continued revenues to go into the Trust. We have temporarily suspended parts of the Network to stop the bleeding. ISP is down but VoIP continues. Video Verified Security will continue to revenue into the Trust. WebNet will concentrate its efforts on 3D Technology and the huge opportunity it presents.

In summation, the Board knows this is an unusual request but we wouldn’t ask if we didn’t need it. We ask you to consider this request seriously and fill out the attached form and fax or email it to us indicating your willingness to support this effort to save WebNet. Please help us bridge this next 90 days. We will succeed, but we need a little help.

Thank You and Best regards
Dr. Gregory C Carrington
On behalf of the
Board of Directors ---->Only three Amigos on the board

□ YES I AM WILLING TO LOAN $______________ to the WebNet Funding Trust, established by WebNet Converged Wireless Network to help save the Company and allow the Board of Directors to re-organize WebNet during this short term crisis. I realize I will receive a Promissory Note from the Trust in the full amount of the loan with interest at 15%.

□ NO, I am not willing to help solve this problem even though I understand this may require the Company to file for bankruptcy protection.

Please fax to WebNet at 604.557.9558, or;
Email to: gcarrington@webnetglobal.net

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Wow... Is he actually blaming all of his problems on everyone else?
He failed to mention that the house hes going to take a second mortgage on was bought and paid for with webnet investors money...

I dont think CEO stands for cheif executive officer in this case.... more like chief EXCUSE officer.

Get some balls and admit that your own company failed because you didnt do what you were supposed to do with the money, buying yourself a "doctor" status for 50,000. buying a house, buying a boat, and putting a bunch off shore isnt going to make your company succesful.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

honestly you have to be kidding, ya used all the company money to buy all his stuff, as if the guy has not been working his entire life in other areas, ya sure he came to canada # broke started a company and then scammed people for money and bought himself everything he wants just to let the company crash and his name go in the dirt..... your joking right, you people are so retarded...... Not man enough to address the problem of you investing into a private company with lots of potential but LOTS of RISk..... you cant sign an OM without a HIGH RIsk page being signed as well, unfotunatley you must of miss read....

I am an investor and have a large chunk of money in the company and I find it pathetic that no one on this sight does proper due dilligence, you might as well start reading the holywood gossipp mags and believe everything you see on TV get ahold of yourself......

That letter which he sent out to all investors including myself explains many situations that have happened and as a matter of fact the Perkins screwed over alot of people in this company by the stuff they pulled the perkins were schemeing people and i refused to invest with them, and went through another avenue of the company completely avoiding them.... The people at WebNet are fighting to make sure there investors are taking care of.... oh and another thing read the fine print on a contract before you sign it, most state that quarterlys will not be paid if it will devalue the company.....duh same as almost any companies contracts....

If he was such a scam artist he would be in jail.......

Stop #ting on the little guy

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
This is fraud. Webnet was a scam, is a scam. The guy selling 3dh licenses sells a Cash Flow Seminar. Come on, wake up people! Don't people ever check on anything before they write a check?

The Cash Flow guy works out of a mickey mouse office in Kamloops spamming and mailing people. I guess that sort of fits with the Webnet Business Model.

Everything that Webnet sells is off the shelf, non-proprietary. 100% of the wireless equipment and software they have can be purchased from reputable companies in Vancouver. Only Carrington could have dreamed up this whole Territory scam.

How many times has Carrington had to pull up roots? How many NSF checks has he written? Lend him more money now that he admits his Plan has failed. The network is off. Get serious.

The most people should hope for is a write off of their investment.

By the way scam hunter, thank you for the posts. Very helpful. I am certain the BCSC www.bcsc.bc.ca will have an announcement soon. Maybe the RCMP will too.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I have set up a website, initially with the thought of it being dedicated to this scam, but it will be for all investments and advice for the future:
www.investors-speak-out.com
PLEASE, IF you have invested or were employed with WEBNET Global, please register and submit your story. As much information as possible from every side of the fence is needed.
I invested the minimum, and glad to have done only that. Still very unfortunate. Wish I would have done more due diligence than I did.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
This company is a real piece of work. I would not invest a dime into a company like this. When its all over the CEO will be in another country sitting fat on investor money. You just know he has offshore accounts overflowing with cash.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

You are 100% right, it is amazing how he can blame is sales team for all his screw ups. What happened to the first 20 plus million dollars they brought in Greg (I am sorry Doctor Carrington)? Once they found out that you had no contract with 3Dh and had not given them any money from the millions that were raised for their projects, the team walked and told so investors who were coming in to keep their money. Now you slander the group and turn your patsies into the fall guys. Look in the mirror boys this is youe screw up.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by halfmask

i worked for webnet global for a year and i looked them up a lot. I found other very large companies (like nintendo) talking about 3dh now so I decided not to invest. I think the super large companies will probaly easily take over in the 3dh industry. Look it up for yourself and let me know what you think.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I also worked for web net global for over a year and let me start by saying i have never in my life worked for such a poorley managed, unethical company. Mr carrington is a very smooth operater and at first i was easily convinced that web net was the next micro soft and he was the next bill gates. But as time went by i saw more and more things within the company that made no sense. To many secrets! Employees are not allowed to ask questions. We were actually forbidden to know or socialize with fellow coworkers in the investing department. They were using thier own technology for thier phone system that we were making telemarketing calls from and 75% of the time they would not work! So many times my co workers and i would wonder what kind of company were we working for. many times payroll would have issues with getting us our checks. Management at the mira mesa office is completly in experienced and unethical. there are several complaints that have been filed with the labor board and there is an actve investigation going on currently. I know web net is a scam and mr carrington is a crook and my deepest regret is that i was unknowingly duped into being a part of this shady and scandelous venture.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
i was an employee of webnets till early July when I quit due to not recieving a paycheck. Greg Carrington owes me and many other employees paychecks. Mine is in the ball park of $3000.00 some others are higher then this!!he should pay his employees before anyone else!!! Looks like we can all probably kiss our money good-bye. Probably will never see it, but might try legal action, not that you can get blood from a stone!

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
This company is in big trouble. It has laid off 80% of it's staff and is restructuring. They are asking investors to send them more money to aid in this recovery program - what does that tell you?

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I hope this isn't considered solicitation (and therefore against the TOS), but I really think that there are a lot of people in this thread topic who need to join and share their version of their story and experiences with Greg Carrington at www.investors-speak-out.com. The Perkins as well as a member from Fast Track all agree that this site (I.S.O) is a great idea to have a neutral standing ground to get every perspective possible on this "scam".

Mods - please don't prevent this post from showing up - I've even linked to this topic in one of the posts on I.S.O (my first two tries to post here as anonymous didn't go through).

Thanks, and good luck everyone. I was one of the "suckers", and my last two days were pretty crappy feeling.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   

WE (ALL OF THE EMPLOYEES THAT HAVE WORKED FOR WEBNET GLOBAL (MIRA MESA, SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA CALL CENTER FOR A YEAR PLUS).

WE ARE VERY UPSET. GREG CARRINGTON CAME TO OUR CALL CENTER AND GAVE US PEP TALK(S) (LIES). THE MOST IMPORTANT THING THAT WE ALL HEARD DURING ONE OF HIS PEP TALK(S) TO US IS THAT IF ALL ELSE FAILS. GREG SAID, "HE WILL TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN", THEN HE LAUGHED. AFTER THE MEETING WE WENT ON BREAK AND WONDERED WHY HE SAID THAT. WHAT A BAD PERSON GREG CARRINGTON IS. WHEN HE SAID THAT WE ALL GUESS NOW HE REALLY MEANT IT. WE WANT ANY LEGAL ACTION WE CAN PROVIDE TO ANY COURT.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Here is a clipping from the Province Newspaper, the biggest newspaper in BC.
talking about the doc, and his second mortgage......

www.canada.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
WEBNET GLOBAL IN SAN DIEGO CA JUST CLOSED THERE DOORS. I HAVE BEEN TOLD THEY DIDNT EVEN PAY THEIR EMPLOYEES WAGES. THEY TRULY ARE A SCAM >

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Was anyone aware of the Tax Scam Carrington and Bruder pulled off in 2002/3 and 2004?

Aurora Foundation?? Ring any bells? The Aurora Foundation office is where Webnet was started.

They stuck hundreds of people with tax problems including penalties and interest.

Here is a link to the CRA website.

strategis.ic.gc.ca...

Lots and lots of people got audited and the CRA ruled it was a sham.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join