It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Mexico Cult on Nat Geo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I was just watching this on Nat Geo. Listening to these young girls talk about their leader, Wayne Bent who calls himself Michael Travesser, with such idol worship as only young girls can, I was reminded of the Manson girls.

This man calls himself the incarnation and son of god. He is in jail awaiting his court appearance on molestation charges which he vehemently denies.

According to an affidavit for the arrest warrant, Bent—who calls himself Michael Travesser—touched three underage female followers, one of whom was 12, when they lay naked with him.

Bent has acknowledged having sex with followers and lying naked with virgins, but he denies any children or adults were molested at the community. He has said the virgins asked for sex and he refused.
Source

Is this Jonestown or Heaven’s Gate all over again?

edited to correct typos

[edit on 5/8/2008 by darkelf]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Was I the only one who watched this? Or is no one interested in cults anymore?

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

I didn't catch the broadcast darkself, nor was I familiar with this particular group here in NM before your post. According to this source, the FBI found it necessary to intervene in a planned mass suicide at "Strong City" back in 2002. Why/how the Lord Our Righteousness Church, survived as an organization in NM beyond that incident...I haven't a clue.

I think a quick review of the Strong City website...pretty much tells the story.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I just watched it recently.. glad he's in jail/court now.. I am amazed and yet not amazed that this type of behavior still exists on this planet.. time to elevate the consciousness of people...
He needs to be de-programmed himself.

[edit on 5/8/2008 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Thanks for the response. It was disturbing to listen to this self-proclaimed god call himself the embodiment of holy. He was just so smug. Those little girls are getting the attention that they crave. The whole thing reminded me of the Manson family. Young people, whether or not they want to believe it, are very susceptible to these mind control techniques. He claims that God told him to have sex with his daughter-in-law. There is no doubt in my mind that eventually God would tell him to have sex with these girls.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
Thanks for the response. It was disturbing to listen to this self-proclaimed god call himself the embodiment of holy. He was just so smug. Those little girls are getting the attention that they crave. The whole thing reminded me of the Manson family. Young people, whether or not they want to believe it, are very susceptible to these mind control techniques. He claims that God told him to have sex with his daughter-in-law. There is no doubt in my mind that eventually God would tell him to have sex with these girls.

in fact he did have sex with the "7 virgins" .. and the youngest girl told him that GOD told her to have sex with him, but before they did, GOD told him it was a bad idea... (DUH!) .. lol

and that whole bit with his daughter-in-law... just... WOW!... ? You could see the pain in his sons eyes, and the glint of "knowing" it was "fake" his wife had when they talked about how it was ALL GOD, to consummate the "marriage" more than once.
and the other male member who had left, whose wife had also been involved in sexual acts with "the messiah" ...

All in all there are people out there with worse problems, not to mention many people who blindly follow anything.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Apparently Mr. Bent (appropriate moniker), was sprung today. Bail reduced from $500,000 to $55,000...means a $5,500 bond put him back on the street.

In casual conversation with a Santa Fe district attorney a couple years ago, she informed me that NM juries are historically slow to convict on molestation/incest charges...need an air-tight case.

I see that Mr. Bent has posted a heart-rendering update on the church website today.

Always the same dynamic. Old men...young girls...an apocalyptic event that never materialized...a very personal one in the making.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Holy Crap....I am a believer. I know there is a GOD, a creator of all....and I love to read about him, celebrate him, and worship him.... BUT OH BOY HAVE THESE PEOPLE LOST IT!!!

I heard about this being on National Geo, but then of course I found it on youtube....so if you haven't watched it...and wanna see what complete MIND CONTROL, complete lack of COMMON SENSE, and total WEAKNESS of mind look like...watch the following video's!!! This is definitly unreal...lol..

PART 1of5
youtube.com...

PART 2of5
youtube.com...

PART 3of5
youtube.com...

PART 4of5
youtube.com...

PART 5of5
youtube.com...

Now I now how pimps do it...hahahaha

top topics