It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Johnsky's ongoing musings.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Okay, so on chat I often come up with these ridiculous stories and musings that I find funny, or meaningful... so I've decided to compile them as I spew them. Some things to ponder, and others to brighten your day.

If you would like to tack on arbitrary musings others might enjoy, please do so.

======================================

'smart' bombs

Smart bombs are anything but smart, and seldom accurate or precise.
Even when they are, they have a tendency to accurately hit the wrong target, with deadly precision.

...and I think they come standard with V-Chips, every time they accurately hit the wrong target, it's automatically censored from the news, or re-written as an accident, complete with half baked apology.

======================================

And now, little jimmy will brighten your day.

One day, Little Jimmy was walking alone in the woods, when a giant saucer shaped craft came hovering above him. He stared in awe as the bottom panel slid open, and a fishing lure dropped down and dangled in front of him... voices were coming from inside.

"I caught me 15 humans today."
"15! WOW! How did you manage that?"
"It's all in the bait."
"What do you use?"
"Naked pictures of other humans."
"That works?!"
"Oh yeah, surprisingly well... oddly enough, they always come up hooked by their midsection."
"I thought they ate with their mouth?"
"I thought so too... problem is, when we reel them in, they flop around on the deck, bleeding, with the hook stuck in them, screaming something about having been probed."
"Ugh, thats enough to put you off eating them."
"Yeah, I've had to throw most of them back."
"What a waste."
"Oh, I think I have a bite..."

Jimmy doesn't walk alone in the woods anymore.

He waddles.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
On a more sombre note.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.

Lately, as in, over the last 7 years. I have seen a trend.

This trend is not of economic value, nor is it of religious value, yet it directly violates the freedoms of which a free nation holds to.

I speak of none other than fascism.

It has been a long time since fascism has taken root in the minds of a nation. Fascism, like a slowly heated kettle, takes time to be noticed. Small and seemingly innocent steps toward the security of the people, often end up to amount to the slave like ownership of the people by a select few; the government.

We spent a great number of resources and lives to combat fascism many decades ago. Who would have conceived it would be right here, in the free nations, that fascism would seek to infect a host?

When the people of a nation live in fear of being confused with the enemy of their government, those people are silenced from having a valid opinion. Neighbors will allow neighbors, family will allow family, and friends will allow friends, to be taken by their government in the dead of night, without hesitation, nor question as to why. The government need only declare them traitors or terrorists to justify their actions.

The next time you hear of someone being declared a traitor or a terrorist, ask those who declare them so, Why?
You will be surprised to find they haven't a single answer.

The United States are comprised of good people, like you and I. They do not deserve this fascist treatment any more than we do.
So why then, is it that we the people who reside out of the United States stand by and watch as their rights and freedoms are revoked? Do we seriously believe this infection cannot plant roots where we live?

We have all heard the drone like repetition of the governments wishes through the people of the United States. Suggestions that revoking the rights and freedoms of the people are done for security, and will be re-instated. Anyone who has even briefly read their history knows; those rights and freedoms will never be restored willingly.

And it is to those who reside in the United States, I remind you of your own foundation. A single paragraph, scribed through beauty, that once was used to define your nation. Lets pray you take heed once more.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

I write this, not just for the sake of my future, but for the sake of yours.

Nations belong to the people, not the few who seek to control them.
Never permit this to be forgotten.

join