It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

strange lights around orion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Hi everyone, this is my first post and I hope someone can shed some light?

I live in NW of UK, and I'm wondering if there is anything peculiar about the right mid section (belt area) of the constellation of Orion.

I'm for the most part quite rational and open minded, but before I let you know the reason for my question, I need to know if there are any strange lights and if there are, is there a pattern to the timings of them?

Hope this doesn't sound too weird.

Thanx

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I'm in the US..haven't looked up at Orions belt lately but I will tonite (If it is not cloudy as it has been for the last coulpe of nights)
Visible to the naked eye? Or do I need to haul out a telescope?

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   
no, no telescope needed, the lights are very bright.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmIMad
no, no telescope needed, the lights are very bright.

Cool...hope there are no clouds tonite

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 08:08 AM
link   
directly below the 3 stars that form the belt of Orion, there is a nebula known as the sword or the great nebula of orion, maybe that is what you are noticing unless you are talking about moving stars that seem to come from that area.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Sorry, just read over my post and it's a bit vague. Let me explain, it's long so please bear with me.

Sat 22nd Nov 2003 9pm (gmt). 6 very bright orange objects in the sky to the left of orion's belt which at that time was in the east. They were in 2 rows kind of diagonal to the ground and parallel to each other, as we watched they formed a kite shape with a tail. Soon each began to flash slowly and one by one they disappeared.

Now there are 33 houses in my street and I'd say pretty much everyone was out screeching. I got the camcorder out but couldn't see anything although it was a bright clear night.

We were all discussing what we thought it was, when someone mentioned they had seen the lights forming somewhere to the south in a line and by the time we had been called they were in the parallel position explained.

I called the local police station and the cop thought I was having a laugh til he heard from others that more reports were coming in. It subsequently made it into local press and UFO magazine.

Maybe someone has an explanation for this?

Sun 15th Feb 2004, 9pm (gmt), received telephone call from our nephew saying "them lights are out again". Course we all rushed out and there they were. 4 of them this time, same orange colour, same brightness, different place. To the south this time.

Quite a lot of people out in the street looking, but everyone seemed much quieter this time. They were in the kite shape, no tail, flashing in sequence it seemed, til they were gone, just faded out.

Now, I said to my husband that they were next to orion last time, and he said orion was to the left of our garden, which it was THAT night. This night, orion was south in the sky and the lights were in the exact same area??????????????

I looked it up on cybersky and I was right. Is there a link? The sightings were 86 days apart, so I'll be watching on 11th May at 9pm.

PS I've read about the nebula, I don't think this is it, and i think I will be too scared to set the telescope up!LOL

Any ideas...............................anyone?????????

Thanx for reading.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
maybe aliens are trying to show us they are out there??

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
maybe its a distress signal but they were beamed up into an enemy mothership before they had the chance......it was probably morse code if you knew it but no one noticed it soo i guess their race is probably gone by now...

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
it couldnt be the nebula because its pretty faint to the naked eye... atleast out here anyway

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
cookie, it was NOT S.O.S ha, ha, definitely not!

I have just had a thought, when it is 9pm here in UK most of you are in US (I think), so it will be daylight, you may catch something even clearer!

Just a hunch but I'm always looking for patterns.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I haven't noticed anything peculiar.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thatoneguy
it couldnt be the nebula because its pretty faint to the naked eye... atleast out here anyway

you can see the orion nebula fairly well on some nights here in detroit, and we even have a ton of light polution.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Orion's belt where there is three stars normally. What are you seeing, lights? Are these lights moving?

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
you know they do say the grays come from orion

new topics

top topics

join