It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Doppelganger??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Hello to all, I am new to the site and have came across scores of pics and videos (most probably already viewed from ATS members), but I finally decided to join and post a topic. In particularly because this video seems to be authentic and Very spine chilling. The tone of the narrator along with the eerie scream all add to the videos creepiness. Although even looking at the video muted is still startling to say the least. I'm not sure if this is a demon, ghost, etc, but the first thing that came to my mind was a doppelganger. I don't know if this one has been posted previously but I want to share it and gain any additional info (explanation/clarification- if any exists!) from individuals more seasoned in the paranormal field.

Link:
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
the video is a fake. If it was real, they wouldn't have stopped the video when they did. They would have showed the "mirror" girl reverting back to the correct position or something. The entire scenario was done for dramatic affect. Clearly staged.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Xbishop

The face of the supposed doppelganger looks a good deal like a cabbage patch doll. So that's my guess: the girl is in front of a doll that's being reflected n the mirror.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Definitely plausible, however as with many home videos it could have just ended abruptly and the image caught not noticed till later reviewed.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Ohh yeah, and it blinked too.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I read that Lincoln saw his before getting shot while shaving in the mirror.

Out of wonder, any way to do this for your self?

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
this video is really interesting, many are yelling out fake, but can someone explain a way this could be faked? Im a little ignorant when it comes to that kinda thing.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
ok, its been a while and still no replies....

I can see that there are many people willing to scream out FAKE or HOAX but no one can actually explain to me HOW it could be hoaxed!!!!

Just goes to show i guess....

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
camera tricks are easy when you know how

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
i did a video project in high school about 9 years ago now. in one of the scenes my friend was chasing himself in the same scene with no cuts. if a high school kid with some editing software can do it, anyone with the slightest bit of ambition can.

here's what i did:

1) record a clip of someone running
2) change their clothes
3) record another clip of him running along a similar path without moving the camera
4) use a solid color to paint around the guy in clip 1
5) use that color as a chroma key for transparency and play clip 2 under it

since the background is the same it can be hard to see where the edges were on the top layer unless you're really looking for them.

i'm sure for the video posted in here you wouldn't even need to do that much.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
heres a dubunk video on YouTube, a little corny but check it out.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 13-5-2008 by plug_pray]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I want to see more stuff from Captain Disillusion, he's pretty good at pointing out the fakes, specially liked the wayfarer sunglasses one.

Only 9 vids so far but I expect he'll do more.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
found a step by step tutarol on how to make a vid like this its easy as pie.....

www.youtube.com...

and was on the same page as the original link lolz just have to scroll down a bit

they do a thing at the end saying its not on tripod and blocked shot... very sarcastically... because everyone knows if you have slightly better software u can account for movement.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Post posting I actually did view some of the other videos. There were a couple of debunking vids and some of others showing off their editing prowess. Some were for laughs and others seemed to be intended to scare the ish out of viewers. But this video seems to have a subtleness about it that is still more frightening than the atmosphere of the others. I don't know, maybe that's all part of the effect. In any case, I wasn't there, am not skilled with any editing experience and there is definitely enough evidence to class as a fake....buttttt (^_^) maybe I just want to go with my initial feelings when I first viewed the film, it just seems different.

"If it is a miracle, any sort of evidence will answer, but if it is a fact, proof is necessary"

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
its one of those things any "paranormal experience" is never going to be proven / believed unless actuality there. no video or photo can make up for that.... can read my previous thread bout my personal experiences.... thats all i need to know these things are real.... but at the end of the day i was hard core skeptic till it happened to me... no video no matter how gud would of made me believe.

new topics

top topics

join