It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I talked to a Globalist insider today.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I'm sure some of you will recoginize the name David Rothkopf.

For those of you who don't, David Rothkopf was was the Deputy Undersecretary of Commerce for International Trade under Bill Clinton. He has worked under Kissinger and is a expert in a myriad of foreign policy subjects.

He is also an author. He was on a talk radio show here today for an hour. I'm a semi regular caller to this show and when I heard he was going to be a guest today I had to call. His latest book, Superclass: The Global Power Elite and the World They Are Making is one that I want to pick up. It details the world's ruling class, by that he means, in his own words, "The 6000 people that rule our planet." I have read some articles by him in the past and he's a Globalist but isn't a big fan of the free market model of Capitalism, he said as much at least 7 times during the interview.

Anyway, back to the radio show. The host of the show is a pretty intelligent guy and has a lot of interesting guests on. Some of the people he's had on his show include( inline with ATS type topics): Jerome Corsi, Prof.Thomas Homer Dixon,Naomi Kline, Jack Scully, most of Canada's top Politicians except our PM. The PM doesn't like the host much and doesn't do many interviews anyway. He's had Stanton Friedman and a few other UFOlogists whose names escape me at the moment.

So I called early and since no one else called after me for a while, I got to talk to him for almost twenty minutes. Fascinating fellow. I asked him about several different aspects of things that we cover here.

He talked about the War on Terror, specifically Iraq. He's no fan of the Government using PMCs and other contractors to do work he feels the US Army should be doing. This was something I was surprised by . He explained that it was the expense of these private companies that was ballooning the national debt.

He covered a huge range of topics in the hour. WoT, JFK and the Cuban Missile Crisis, Paul Bremer's failure in Iraq,Big Oil, lack of any FP experience for Obama/Clinton. The one subject he spent the most time talking about, which was about 15 minutes, was the meetings in Davos every year of the WEF. His thoughts on these meetings were that this is where the real dealings happen. He talked about the Trilateral Commission, Bildibergers, CFR, et all, but in his opinion, this is the one meeting a year where all the members from all the other organizations meet to do the real power brokering. I believed he called them all "working groups for the Davos Summit every year. He even took a shot at the CFR for having Angelina Jolie as a spokeswoman.

I talked to him about Monsanto also. He didn't seem to be worried about the company, he said that the Execs are part of this ruling body. He used the EU as an example of a failure on Monsanto's part of trying to monoplize the world's food supply through GMO's and seed patents. He actually seemed to be a big fan of the whole "Union" model. He didn't come right out and say it, he sure sounded as if he was in favour of a similar NAU arrangement here.

He pretty much called us Conspiracy Theorists nuts. Said we make stuff up to feel more in control of our lives. I am also pretty sure he called Alex Jones an absolute raving lunatic. He mentioned that he was on a radio show yesterday in the SW US and the host was yelling at him that he was part of the plot and that they weren't going to turn us all into slaves. I looked at AJ's mp3 archive and sure enough, Rothkopf is listed as a guest yesterday. Anybody hear this interview with on Alex Jones show? Or read any of his work?

All in all, an hour worth listening to.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Wow, did you mention ATS at all? Sounds like alot of information in a short period of time, any way to link us to the interview?

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Just wanted to repost the link to the Salon.com review you included in case people glossed over it... www.salon.com...

It seemed fairly astute in its observations regarding Rothkopf's book. I'll be getting the book shortly but it does sound like an exercise in self-aggrandisement, especially considering he doesn't actually give the 6000 names on his "list". From what I can gather, Rothkopf comes off simultaneously a salesman, a revisionist and an apologist for the globalist elite scum. I'll read the propaganda for myself and form my own opinion of its value.

Thanks for posting about your convo GAOTU789, I don't suppose you broached the 911 inside-job angle with him?

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Sounds like a great book, despite Salon's assertion that it isn't much more that a calling card for doing lecture tours.

Thanks GAOTU789! (starred and flagged)

The 6000 rulers figure is interesting since it's considerably less than the often mentioned 1% (which would mean the rulers number around 60 million) and considerably more than some CTs, who claim the number of world rulers is anywhere from 13 (bloodlines) to 300. (committee of 300) Some CTs even claim that the Rothschild family's head is the one and only ruler. (IMO, this isn't likely)

The book could be a modern day "Tragedy and Hope". Like Dr. Quigley , he seems to support the rulers' goal and believes that a ruling class is natural. Nevertheless, I'll probably wait for the paperback version to come out before I give it a read.

Edit: Anyone heard of his previous book, Running The World: the Inside Story of the National Security Council and the Architects of American Power? Sounds quite interesting as well.

EDIT: 1% of 6 billion is 60 million, not 6 million, sorry

[edit on 8/5/08 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I didn't name us directly but I did mention that I am a Moderator for the internets largest alternative/Conspiracy theory message board.

Unfortunately, the radio show doesn't archive their show's online. Too bad really, he does have some great people on his show.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Shar_Chi

I don't suppose you broached the 911 inside-job angle with him?

No I didn't Shar_Chi. The host doesn't believe in any CT around 9/11. I've brought it up while calling into his show before and he tends to end your calls rather quickly if you do.

From talking and listening to him, I would say your assessment of him is spot on.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23

Edit: Anyone heard of his previous book, Running The World: the Inside Story of the National Security Council and the Architects of American Power? Sounds quite interesting as well.

[edit on 8/5/08 by ConspiracyNut23]

I have heard of it but I haven't read it . If I enjoy his new book, I'll probably go looking for it.

I'd really like to see his list of 6000 but he doesn't seem very accepting to the idea of releasing it. I think I'll email him or and see what kind of names he'll offer up. I'm not expecting anything but it never hurts to try. On the off chance that he does give me some info, I'll post it here.

top topics

join