It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds: Don't label terrorists "Muslim"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Its Muslim extremists. The everyday, worship as the Quran states folk, are not the problem. I agree that they are being killed, but they also are not standing up for themselves. We might not supposed to be the ones ,as many have said here, but we are the only game in town. Untill they fix the problem, we have to make sure it doesn't get worse here. Might not be politicaly correct, but I'm not ever going to convert because some mulah says I have to or die. I'm going to make his life as miserable as I can till he leaves me alone!
I think most folks , if they look inside would agree with me on that point!!!
Zindo

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Terrorists are the biggest enemy to MUSLIMS! not non-muslims.

[edit on 8-5-2008 by _Phoenix_]

Well you're leaving out one important figure there: George W. Bush. I think he's responsible for a few more Muslim deaths from a state sponsored terroristic war "on terror."

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by kelbtalfenek

Well you're leaving out one important figure there: George W. Bush. I think he's responsible for a few more Muslim deaths from a state sponsored terroristic war "on terror."

I know, who the hell can these Iraqi people trust!? lol

They can't trust their own people, they can't trust these so called islamic military groups, they can't trust their goverment, they can't even trust the people who are supposed to help them. I guess all they can do is try to live their lives the best they can, and look after their family.

And I hate it when people say why don't the muslims sort the terrorists out? wtf? These terroists BOMB these very same muslims, how can they even know where these terrorists are, they are the hidden enemy, they say why don't they sort them out like it's easy? these terrorists are not dumb enough to tell normal muslims what they do or plan to do. Because they are not on the same side!

Also I don't see the USA doing much good in their war, it's an unbeatable war, all we can do is wait for it all to cool down, and people to start forgetting about bombing themselves, but with the war in Iraq ruining people's lives daily? I sure hope no more convert to terrorism because of this, because of the hatred created in this war, because that's what these terrorists do, they brainwash normal muslims and show them disimformation about the quran and make them believe. Crazy!

Oh and by the way I DO see many muslims stand out against these terrorists, with words! Because that is the only way, violence will not solve this problem. I see muslims on TV telling people these terrorists are not them, they are not muslims. The only problem is people don't see it much, because the news prefers to show us "BAD" stuff all the time.

So remember words are the best way to beat these terrorists, not violence.

Anyway here's a music video that has become very popular in Pakistan for you guys to enjoy, famous singers of Pakistan come together to tell you:

"This is not us" - "Yeh Hum Naheen"

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 9-5-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kelbtalfenek

Oh and by the way I DO see many muslims stand out against these terrorists, with words! Because that is the only way, violence will not solve this problem. I see muslims on TV telling people these terrorists are not them, they are not muslims. The only problem is people don't see it much, because the news prefers to show us "BAD" stuff all the time.

So remember words are the best way to beat these terrorists, not violence.

[edit on 9-5-2008 by _Phoenix_]

Words work fine when dealing with rational people. These exremeists are anything but rational. Tell me just how would you deal with irrational people that will kill you at first glance. Have no guide to they're lives but violent ends if you don't convert to they're religious beliefs. They will not consider diplomacy for anything but a stalling maneuver in which to further undermine your diplomatic intentions and gain an advantage militarily. Where do you draw the line of becomming homicidal victims. Ghandi knew he was dealing with rational government when he used non-violence. Even the victims of that strugle believed that fact. We today are not dealing with rational entities. They are single minded in they're endevour. We, unfortunatly, have to use violence against violence. Our governments past policies have nothing to do with causing this either. The fanatics in the middle east have had this same litany for centuries.

Zindo

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

How did they gain followers in the first place?

WORDS.

We just need more education, so that less will go to them, and more will realise that they are nothing but crazy people wanting to use you.

Your use of violence will CREATE more terrorists, terrorists WANT you to cause violence and deaths, this way they can recruit more people who hate you for the damage violence has caused peoples lives. Violence is the way these terrorists will WIN. They want WAR. lol. And people are giving it to them! Iraq is like heaven to them.

Like I said words/education will stop people going to them, violence and war will BREED terrorists. Of course things are not that black and white, but that is the basic way of how it works.

Choose your way.

[edit on 10-5-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Well, I guess we'll have to see where your head ends up when they ask you where you stand on the subject of conversion. With your beliefs, I'm sure they will sit down and consider your diplomatic reasoning..right up to and untill they take your head. Good luck with your solution!!
Zindo

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Again I will post this video.

"This is not us" - "Yeh Hum Naheen"

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Words are they way to fix misunderstandings. War will only cause more misunderstandings, and thus create chaos and hatred.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Well, I guess we'll have to see where your head ends up when they ask you where you stand on the subject of conversion. With your beliefs, I'm sure they will sit down and consider your diplomatic reasoning..right up to and untill they take your head. Good luck with your solution!!
Zindo

Well as long as there aren't any more wars, I don't think I will come across one.
More wars? more terrorists. Then I might come across one.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I do admit there are some times where violence is necessary, but what I'm trying to say is that is the last thing to do, and only when it is REALLY necessary.
War is something very nasty, it is something that should be limited to the least amount. Something that should not even be thought about until last priority.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Its okay to hate islam.

Because it hates Us.

This is the hard lesson of 1000 years of European, African, and Asian history.

Extremist or not, it is an infection begging for antibiotics.

Not racist; the philosophy and morals are poisonous to civilization.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
This is actually one of the rare occasions the officials are making sense.

Why is every piece of news here filtered to mean something bad?

The FBIs suggestion serves to stop stereotyping and stop giving al qaeda legitimacy.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Detroit, London, Paris, have districts that the police won't go to because of the very real problem of not coming back or inciting riots. Detroit has recognised Sharia law for those districts and so has the French government. Not sure about London but I'm sure they are considering it. Slowly they are whitling away at sovernty of the countries they immigrate to. Its a fact, and it is sickening to those who value they're own country!
Zindo

I'd be grateful if you could tell me which district of London is a no go area for the Police.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I for one abhor political correctness. If you want to label terrorists as "Muslims," "Ay-rabs" or any other term please feel free to do so. There is a practical reason why the U.S. government would not want any of its agents to use terms like "Muslim" to describe "terrorists" in an official capacity.

We all know that the US is being slaughtered in the battle over hearts and minds in the Muslim world. It is imperative that the US win this battle over hearts and minds. The US will never be able to sort out the mess in Iraq, nor will it ever successfully suppress Al Qaida if it cannot win over the hearts and minds of people in the Muslim world.

When individuals in the US government use terms like "Muslim" to describe "terrorists" in an official capacity, it is easy for certain individuals to spin these words as "proof" that the US is at war with all Muslims or that the US is out to destroy all of Islam. The US is currently losing the propaganda war because many Muslims feel that the US is at war with all Muslims, not just radical Muslims. Groups like Al Qaida, the Iranian government, and the various factions in Iraq can use US government officials' statements that contain statements equating "Muslims" or "Islam" with terrorism to advance anti-US sentiments among moderal Muslims.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Fang

Fang,
Not being in London and having only read that information from our Wall Street Journal. I can't help you. I can only relate what I've read. I tend to accept the information I gleen there as they have in the past been accurate. If I insulted any Londoners ,I apologise. I also seem to remember reading in the Times of London that you indeed do have the problem. So I guess you'll have to research that for yourself!
Zindo

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I do admit there are some times where violence is necessary, but what I'm trying to say is that is the last thing to do, and only when it is REALLY necessary.
War is something very nasty, it is something that should be limited to the least amount. Something that should not even be thought about until last priority.

We agree on the last resort. The only thing I think we disagree on is at what point and have we reached it yet. I feel we have, and thats unfortunate because I know war intimately, first hand. Hell doesn't begin to describe it!

Lone

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

We agree on the last resort. The only thing I think we disagree on is at what point and have we reached it yet. I feel we have, and thats unfortunate because I know war intimately, first hand. Hell doesn't begin to describe it!

Lone

Whatever we disagree on, I think we can all agree that we wish this world was a better place. Oh well... It's the way of the world.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

reply to post by Fang

Fang,
Not being in London and having only read that information from our Wall Street Journal. I can't help you. I can only relate what I've read. I tend to accept the information I gleen there as they have in the past been accurate. If I insulted any Londoners ,I apologise. I also seem to remember reading in the Times of London that you indeed do have the problem. So I guess you'll have to research that for yourself!
Zindo

Fair enough. But for the record I think you will find there are no areas of London, or indeed other UK cities which the Police avoid for fear of upsetting or provoking 'Muslims'. In fact, I can think of districts in London which are characterised as being Portuguese, Afro-Caribbean, West African, Orthodox Jewish, Turkish, Chinese, Irish, Indian/Hindu but not one that is considered 'Muslim' . Even in areas of Northern Cities like Blackburn,Preston and Bradford where Muslims are a majority their concerns about policing are the same as everyone else, that there are too few Police patrolling the Streets, not too many.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
i wonder if Saudi Arabia give g.w.bush and is family a lot of money to get of the Muslim hate campaign ?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I don't even see why this should be open for debate as far as the federal government is concerned. Muslims are RAISED to kill for what they believe in.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I once again most humbly submit that in order to have a meaningful discussion on this topic we must first agree to define our terms.

Can we agree on what a terrorist is?

Can we agree on what a Muslim is?

Mostly we do not seem to be able to do so.

One person's terrorist is another person's freedom fighter.

My Muslim friends can not seem to agree on what defines the different forms of being a "Muslim".

I agree that this communucation from the feds makes sense.

I have reams of the things that do not.

Perception is reality.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join