It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-Guantanamo prisoner carried out Iraq suicide attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Ex-Guantanamo prisoner carried out Iraq suicide attack

www.cnsnews.com

The U.S. military is confirming that a former Guantanamo detainee from Kuwait carried out a recent suicide attack in northern Iraq.

The U.S. transferred al-Ajmi to Kuwaiti custody from Guantanamo in 2005. A Kuwaiti court later acquitted him of terrorism charges.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Well, I guess the court system in Kuwait works well. Reminds me of some of the court systems here in the U.S.

This is going to make it harder for those in Guantanamo to get released in the future I think.

www.cnsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Could his incarceration and torture at said facility have instead, caused him to hate America so much he was willing to give up his life in a suicide attack?

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scalamander
Could his incarceration and torture at said facility have instead, caused him to hate America so much he was willing to give up his life in a suicide attack?

Well, that didn't take long.

I read this article and the first thing I thought was "I'm not surprised, but how long until the people claim that he was not originally a potential terrorist, we made him that way with the detention?"

Another quote from the article:

"Al-Ajmi is not the first former Guantanamo detainee to reportedly return to the battlefield after being released. Pentagon officials say there are more than 10 people once held by the U.S. at Guantanamo who have been killed or captured in fighting after being released from the detention facility.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Scalamander

I agree with you 100%

top topics

join