It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Survival Encyclopedia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I was sitting around with my room mate today talking about situation X and the topic of passing on knowledge came up. i realized that i have the means and resources to create a sort of.......survival encyclopedia....

i have about 20~ ream's of paper, 340 gigs of hard-drive space and extra cash for the ink in the printers, the only thing i don't have is the information, accumulated knowledge and other things that should be passed down. we have around 1500~ pages of proper blacksmithing, mining, forestry, housing and things in that line all ready........but WE NEED MORE!!

This is where you come in, if you have the links to books i can copy and compile or papers, old timer knowledge (making proper axes, charcoal, EVERYTHING!) knowledge on teaching English/other languages, basically EVERYTHING which you think is important information that should be passed down.

I Thank all those of you in advance for your contribution.

Edit: Spelling!

[edit on 7-5-2008 by Infadel]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Infadel

I think this is a great idea. I do not have any info as te newbie I am, but I am good with web design if it is needed.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Not trying to be a jerk here but this has already been done here on the ATS survival boards. please do your research before you bring it up.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by angryamerican

im not trying to be a jerk ethier......but when the crap hits the fan there will be many groups in survival situations. i am doing this for the group that will be with me, and anyone who asks for the compiled information.

to go and find the other thread would have some use, but most of the uploaded information is probably already erased from which ever server it was stored on.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I wasn't aware ATS didn't archive anymore. when did they stop doing that?

[edit on 8-5-2008 by angryamerican]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Infadel
i am doing this for the group that will be with me, and anyone who asks for the compiled information.

to go and find the other thread would have some use, but most of the uploaded information is probably already erased from which ever server it was stored on.
I looked at the links AA has provided in his signature, and they provide a lot of good information. There are many great post in our survival forum that cover the basics as well.

If you want to compile a handbook, focus on the five essentials. These are

A great reference for survival is also the U.S. Army field Manual. It covers just about all survival scenarios.

After you have learned the basics, you'll want to work on acquiring the equipment and supplies needed.

Hope this helps.

new topics

top topics

join