The Third Temple:Prepare for the 7 year tribulation people

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
It might interest some to know that many things recorded in the Bible were figurative and not literal. Could this thread be one example?

I have written a couple of threads that might be of interest to many of you;

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

I think that before we jump to conclusions it might be good to look at prophesy from different angles.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
-> I sure won't read thru 6 pages of fluff

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdl79
The facts are constantine was only a christian for 2 weeks prior to his death and only changed the official religion as a way to appease his people who were already giving up their pagan gods for the christian faith that was spreading through his country. While I agree that many things were edited and removed from the scripts and some things have been mis interperated the fact is even peters apocolyptic writings which were removed from the original caanan spoke of the same events in the same context. While most bibles are full of these inconsitencies there are copies with accurate interpretations available and they stll state the same things. Most "scholars" that refute this have never read any of these texts they just speculate based on what they know of the 14th century church. This is the same group of catholics from that period that persacuted belivers for reading the texts themselves. While I agree that many things were removed to keep women subserviant and to impose tarriffs and taxes and to create a control system for the church of that era, the prophecies in the books were one of some things that remained consistent, the reason was they themselves did not understand the symbology of the beasts and kingdoms. Before you assume to tell some one that they are wrong, make sure they haven't spent the last ten years studying the subject. Further more the hebrew version of daniel in the torah which was never touched by the 14th century church still states the same thing, how do you explain this? Yes the book of daniel refers to the son of perdition prior to the birth of Jesus, but it also refers to the messiah putting and end to the reign of this evil leader, which christians refer to as the return of Christ.

That's an interesting perspective on Constantine and the birth of the Roman Church. Very different from the accepted history, I've got to say. Constantine was a pagan, true. But he needed a state-controlled church for his own political agenda. There was no sweeping christian movement taking over the empire at the time at all - quite the opposite really: the christians were still seen by most as a wierd and whacky breakaway cult of the jewish faith.

10 years studying the early christian church? Very commendable of you. I've spent around 30 years doing the same as a hobby of sorts - so maybe you should keep that in mind before you assume things yourself.

So Daniel never mentioned Jesus - which you admit above. You also state re: the mention of this messiah by 'Daniel' - the christians 'refer to as the return of Christ' - it would be far, far more accurate to say the christians 'interperate' this statement of 'Daniel' as being such. But of course, they HAD to, didn't they? In order to legitimise their 'god'.

Most biblical 'scholars' (your quotes, not mine) only understand the writings of the 14th cent. church, and base all their conclusions on such?? Errmm..nope. Respected biblical scholars (I'm talking Oxford, Harvard, Cambridge et al) know more about real biblical history than me, you, or some christian preacher could ever imagine - and they have no connections with the vatican at all either...they are simpy biblical historians. And generally the more they research into their subject, the more inconsistencies they find...

J.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Howie47
reply to post by TrailGator

see, if you say, I believe this "that this teaching is correct" then you can start anywhere and read into the scriptures what you want. Or, you can let the scriptures say what they REALLY say, and learn that.

Or we could let the Holy Spirit, show us the interpretation. "the Spirit shall lead you into all truth," "some have the gift of interpretation". a couple of quotes that pop into my head.
Also TailGator, in any of your education. Didn't anyone tell you that many prophecies have multiple fulfillments. Building up to their grand final fulfillment?! Like, Moses was a type of the Christ. Saved and lead Israel, King David a further type. Finally, Jesus Christ fulfilled all the prophecies. So it is with many other prophecies. Like all the different AC types throughout history. With a final one

just before Christ second return. See my Avatar!

Huh? Oh, right - I see. So it's ALL open to 'interpretation' then? So I guess that COULD mean it really all refers to the inevitable upsurge in Big Mac sales then?

Hmm...this is where logic simply goes out the _...

J.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Time to establish the "timeline of the Second Coming" for Christians and/or the "Coming of the Messiah" for others. I'm not a college trained Bilical scholar BUT the first thing that must take place is the Rapture or the rounding up of the faithful- living AND dead. Its also stated that all eyes will see this event. 100s of millions of people will be gone in the blink of an eye.

THEN the Anti-Christ will step forward as the "new Messiah". He'll have all the answers, including what happened at the Rapture, and even perform miracles to prove his so-called 'divinity'. It is he who will convince all nations, even the Muslims, to build the Temple on the exact spot where the Muslim Mosque is now. It is he who will be so charismatic as to have the graveyard relocated so the East Gate will be opened. (Part of the Temple rebuilding plan.)

Once the Anti-Christ shows himself and becomes a "Messiah", the true rebuilding of the Temple will begin. But it will not continue for halfway into the Trib he (the A.C.) will turn on the Hebrews like never before and decimate them above and beyond what the Nazis did.

So the Rapture or salvation of the believers, living AND dead, will precede the Tribulation. I would almost lay money that this particular Temple will not succeed beyond the planning stage. But I'm not that much of a betting man.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by qxlb52

Once the Anti-Christ shows himself and becomes a "Messiah", the true rebuilding of the Temple will begin. But it will not continue for halfway into the Trib he (the A.C.) will turn on the Hebrews like never before and decimate them above and beyond what the Nazis did.

here we disagree --- the personnage who is later recognized as the anti-christ has Already a Temple in which (he) becomes the "Abomination of Desolation"...
the personnage actually Stops the 'Daily Sacrifice' by causing to happen the irrevocable (and deadly sealing of
the tell-tale 7 Year Treaty...whereby the 'Daily Sacrifice' is Abolished

How is the 'Daily Sacrifice' abolished you ask??
Because this person guarantees 7 years of "Peace',,,in which the Daily Sacrifice of both Jews & Palestinians' being killed day-to-day is no longer
the norm---- ergo the Jewish esorteric Temples' sacrifices are abolished by a 7 year cease-fire/peace agreement... which further identifies this person as the true anti-christ (but only to those with wisdom as enunciated in Revelations)

Sheeze..... my 1 typing hand is getting tired

[edit on 8-5-2008 by St Udio]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr.x211
in order to have freewill you must have an open mind.

Nah, in order to have free will I'm allowed to do whatever I want. It's obvious that you're Christian, you don't know how to use logic and you try to impose your ideaology and religious imagination onto everyone else through preaching, not clear intelligence.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

No, really. I'm the anti-Christ. I am completely anti-Christian and anti-Christ. I admit it, here I am, stone me to death if you shall, but it's your loss.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

Well I think it could well be Obama... There are many candidates for the antichrist. And before all you antichrist doubters start up with "its not one person he doesnt exist blah blah" ill say this is a hypothetical guess.

So the country that is causing most of the worlds problems at the moment would be?? America, war mongering terror bashing America. So along comes Obama.. a Muslim and a Christian (Not actually possible btw) comes from no where to have pretty much won the democrats vote. After this a presidential election and from there he will woo the world into his charms. Pull the troops from the middle east allowing the UN's vast new military army to take over the babysitting of Iraq. Obama will be praised for bringing peace to the entire world.

And who else but this multi faithed leader could stand upon the temple mount be it the dome of the rock or new Jewish temple and be praised for bringing peace to the world?

Seems to fit the bill for me.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

Nah, in order to have free will I'm allowed to do whatever I want. It's obvious that you're Christian, you don't know how to use logic and you try to impose your ideaology and religious imagination onto everyone else through preaching, not clear intelligence.

You are correct in that free will allows you to do whatever you wish. Everyone has that right. The only problem I see is that people don’t want to claim responsibility or accountability for those choices. Even in a world without religion, our actions still have consequences.

I know that you are anti-Christian and I respect your choice. However, there are many other people here who are Christian. Let’s not turn this thread into a flame fest.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Now, here is an interesting thought:

What if the Great Tribulation has already been going on for some time? We certainly are not experiencing anything like peace. Are we allowing ourselves to be duped? www.abovetopsecret.com...

Of the approx. 55 million that died during WWII, wouldn't you say that most of the victims would tell you that Armageddon already happened to them?

It might just be time to re-think our prophesies, to put them aside, and to open our eyes. Can't we see evident demonstrations of the reality of the Great Tribulation?

Again, perhaps the prophesies of Christianity are a day late, and a dollar short!

"Anyone who remains calm in the midst of all this confusion, simply does not understand the situation."
-Benjamin Franklin

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Yes, interesting stuff! I think that any political candidate is suspect! Remember, Antichrist will be the man with all the answers, the Great Peacemaker, (even though, it is a "false" peace), will rise up with a "small group of people", a great military power, will NOT regard the desire of women.

Revelation 13:4 KJB
And they worshipped the dragon, who gave power to the Beast: and they worshipped the Beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? Who is able to make war with him?

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

It's not turning into a flame fest, and you've completely missed the point if that's what you think is impending. By virtue of my free will I can turn this thread into anything that I desire. (and I will.)

[edit on 8-5-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
They actually started some of the construction in 2001

Worldnetdaily article

They are even being accused of it

freerepublic article

Fund raiser in 1999

fund raising article

Third Temple Financial report

temple mount faithful article

answers.com on the third temple. Near the bottom are the organizations supporting the reconstruction

answer.com article

Even the Arabs are calling for Intifada over the construction of the third temple

Isreal today article

At the chance of being called psychic, I am pretty sure something is going on here. I dont know what filtered google search you guys are using but I seem to find plenty of evidence pointing to the construction going on, all over the internet. I bet you guys didnt know that the US has a secret underground base there either. I am in the know on that one

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee
Yes this is true. All 106 vessels and objects have been made exactly as they were and the survey has been done and it shows there is enough room to fill in the hill where it drops off and rebuild the temple in the exact same spot it was in, just behind the dome. It won't interfere with the dome and it is an even share of the surface area.

No one is supposed to really know this is going on. How did you hear about it?

How are we not supposed to know this is going on? It was in the papers and all over google. That's how I found out about it. However, the last thing I read was that they were ready to go and build it at any time, but they hadn't started as yet because of fears of what might happen should they begin.

Why did you think this was a secret?

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by GodMode

You mentioned that, "This is ALL going to happen VERY quickly, once the Temple is built it is believed by historians (now so far every prophecy HAS come to pass to the exact letter and date, all of them people) that the Tribulation period will begin. Once this peace treaty of 7 years is established thats it folks...either you BEGIN to believe and be saved or are a believer, in this case dont worry."

I disagree totally that this MAY happen very quickly. No one knows. It doesn't state anywhere that it will happen quickly. If it has been the LEFT BEHIND books you have been studying I think you may be in for a let down.

On the whole 'rapture' thing, that may be the biggest let down of them all. The rapture wasn't even mentioned in the Bible and wasn't even heard of until AFTER 1830. John Darby helped to popularize this view.

So I am still rather doubtful on this whole 'rapture' idea, but if it happens then great!

You are absolutely right that the temple has to be rebuilt before the 2nd coming happens. However, I don't feel things will go exactly as we think they will. I think there will be many surprised people out there.

My view? I think something horrible will occurr that will ensure the signing of a peace treaty for 7 years that would not have made it possible prior to such a happening. A meteor striking the Earth or nuclear war... something that would make people so afraid and willing to do ANYTHING to stop it would make people sign an agreement without thinking about it.

Armeggedon always makes for an interesting topic and I look forward to reading more of your thoughts on this. Thanks for an interesting thread!

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

You don't have to do anything to have free will. We all have it. Christian, non-Christian alike. Even if you don't believe in God, you have free will not to believe that God gave you free will.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I would like to broadcast a little reminder to anyone of true faith. In the mind of the one true God (God the father, God the son, God the holy spirit, yah-wee, christ ect) time is irrelevant. Same to Satan. The ideas of times and dates that the end will take place are only people trying to comfort themselves, or "prepare" themselves for the beginning. If you truly 100% believe that Christ perished for your sins then there is nothing that you or anyone you know can do to prevent or advoid what will happen tomorrow. Just trust in god that he will guide your hand and you will be fine. Even if you are killed tomorrow by a servant of satan, you will be fine. Remember, your body is weak but your spirit is immortal. Sorry to rant but I think some people need to hear some of that.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
The Temple will soon be rebuilt and the daily sacrifice can be reinstituted. Some might argue that the daily sacrifice has been carried out after the destruction of the Temple in 70AD, but it cannot be performed outside a Temple, so the daily sacrifice that might be carried out today has no effect other than keeping traditions alive.

Now to the effects of the Third Temple: According to Daniel 9:27, the verse that most wannabe prophets cite when refering to the Tribulation, an evil king like Antiochos IV Epiphanes, will end the daily sacrifice in the middle of a seven year period. Since the prior verse speeks of the destruction of the Temple and the Messiah will be "cut off and will have nothing", fulfilled with Jesus and the Roman destruction of the Temple in 70 AD, verse 27 fits with the Third Temple:

9:27 He will make a strong covenant with leaders for one week [of years]. For half of the week he will put a stop to the sacrifice and the grain offering. On the wing of detestable things the desolator will come and continue until the already decreed destruction is poured out on the desolator."

Comparing this verse with Revelation shows us that he will also kill two prominent prophets in the outer court of the Temple. This may be the desolating sacrifice that ends the daily sacrifice within the Temple. This will happen three and a half years after the Temple is completed, the two prophets will prophesy in the courtyard through this whole 3.5 year period, when they will be killed and noone will bury them. After three and a half days they come back to life and is lifted up to heaven in an earthquake where 1/10th of Jerusalem will be destroyed and seven thousand people will die.

"On the wing of detestable things" in verse 27 can be translated into "On the wing of the Temple". This suggests that on a corner of the Temple there will be a pagan idol of some kind. From what I could read from this thread Freemasons are supposed to supply the fourth cornerstone of the Temple. This may be the Abomination of Desolation that is placed on the wing/corner of the Temple.

Another possible solution could be an idol like the one Herod placed on the second Temple, a Roman Imperial Eagle.

[edit on 9/5/2008 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Don't worry be happy. I did find this thread interesting, especially the video about the temple articles being prepared. But I really don't give any of it much thought anymore, i.e. as to WHEN Christ will return, or if I believe in pre, mid, or post-rapture, etc. etc. etc. I only know that Christ truly is my savior, He died for me, and I plan to use my time on earth to prepare to meet him. There are aspects of the bible we will not know until they have actually happened so why rack your brain trying to figure it out? Just make sure you are saved and leave the details to God.

new topics
top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join