It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Third Temple:Prepare for the 7 year tribulation people

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

You say its false correct? Well what if it does happen? What if something else happens such as Aliens giving proof of our creation by a God? Cause if ANYTHING something created us and in since that is God. Rather religion is BS or not something created us and in our human terms that is our God. You said religion robs us of our freewill well.....you throwing out the entire possibility isn't even close to having a bit of freewill because in order to have freewill you must have an open mind. Im Christian but i follow the old code and im not going to get any further into that because when the Templars did it went down hill from there. Either way something created us, therefor that is our God.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999
reply to post by jdl79

Sorry to burst everbody's bubble here: but the 'prophesies' you are all so enamoured with, were in fact written about, and pertaining to, the Roman Empire!

666, The Sign OF The Beast, The Anti-Christ....all of it was written in an historical epoch when the Roman Empire ruled most of the then-known world. 'The Beast' was in fact the Roman Emperor! Same with all the other 'prophesies'. It had nothing to do with the U.N., modern Israel, or anything else today.

Any reputable biblical historian will tell you this

Sorry folks...

J.

agreed Jimbo, and thank you. That is a more succinct way of pointing out what I tried to intimate in the my earlier post.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

Um actually no...i was simply using the prediction of the alien theory to use as an example...like i said if you would have actually read the statement, i am Christian and i follow the bible but if your going to believe in a God then you must have a open mind....which is why i used that as an example.

[edit on 8-5-2008 by Mr.x211]

EDITED TO ADD - Trailgator im sorry to burst your guys friendship but 666 was being used before the Roman Empire and so was other biblical meanings and if you do some research what you two are agreeing on isn't even backed by proof.

[edit on 8-5-2008 by Mr.x211]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Ok while the term antichrist is only refferenced twice the term both Jesus and Daniel used was the son of perdition. Daniel was not reffering to Rome as rome did not yet exist when Daniel wrote of this man. Both John and Daniel were directly referencing the same events and both were reffering to the same events that Jesus, Paul, Ezekial and many other prophets talked about needing to happen before the return of Christ. I could see the rome arguement if John was the only one who reffered to these events as John lived within the original empire. But even John ruled this out in his statement about the 8 empires. He stated 5 had already come and gone the sixth was(rome) the seventh was yet to come and the eighth was a revised version of number 5.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TrailGator

Well thanks for the kudos
I think rational, logical thought processes are far more entertaining and succinct than superstition and fear-mongering personally. To use the other tact is to throw our intelligence down the toilet and give it a good flush, huh?

I've read pretty extensively on the subject of the origins of the early christian church, and it never ceases to amaze me just how limited some people's understanding of the era actually is.

Oh well.

J.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I find it interesting that when some one discusses biblical prophesy they are automatically accused of fear mongering. Yet when some one says alien invasion or an asteroid impact they want it to be considered scientific theory. How hypocrytical, at least prophecy is bound to human history.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdl79
Ok while the term antichrist is only refferenced twice the term both Jesus and Daniel used was the son of perdition. Daniel was not reffering to Rome as rome did not yet exist when Daniel wrote of this man. Both John and Daniel were directly referencing the same events and both were reffering to the same events that Jesus, Paul, Ezekial and many other prophets talked about needing to happen before the return of Christ. I could see the rome arguement if John was the only one who reffered to these events as John lived within the original empire. But even John ruled this out in his statement about the 8 empires. He stated 5 had already come and gone the sixth was(rome) the seventh was yet to come and the eighth was a revised version of number 5.

So your saying Daniel refered to 'The Anti-Christ'?? Before Christ was even born? That's odd. Of course the term 'Christ' was used by jews to describe many, many 'prophets'. Did you know there were dozens of 'Christs' wandering around Israel at the time, all claiming to be the messiah?? You don't hear too much about that.

As for it not being about 'Rome'. Well, biblical revisionism became the done thing in early christian times. And once the church became the state religion after Constantinople, well - the rewrites and re-interpretations came thick & fast
Don't want to p*ss off the Emperor now, do we??? "Heck, we were calling him 'The Beast' not too long ago - guess we'd better errmm...revise/re-interpret those passages"

Nope, it WAS the Roman Empire that they were refering to originally. These 'changes' in interpretation came later. So the biblical scholars and I remain adamant.

J.

[edit on 8-5-2008 by jimbo999]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The facts are constantine was only a christian for 2 weeks prior to his death and only changed the official religion as a way to appease his people who were already giving up their pagan gods for the christian faith that was spreading through his country. While I agree that many things were edited and removed from the scripts and some things have been mis interperated the fact is even peters apocolyptic writings which were removed from the original caanan spoke of the same events in the same context. While most bibles are full of these inconsitencies there are copies with accurate interpretations available and they stll state the same things. Most "scholars" that refute this have never read any of these texts they just speculate based on what they know of the 14th century church. This is the same group of catholics from that period that persacuted belivers for reading the texts themselves. While I agree that many things were removed to keep women subserviant and to impose tarriffs and taxes and to create a control system for the church of that era, the prophecies in the books were one of some things that remained consistent, the reason was they themselves did not understand the symbology of the beasts and kingdoms. Before you assume to tell some one that they are wrong, make sure they haven't spent the last ten years studying the subject. Further more the hebrew version of daniel in the torah which was never touched by the 14th century church still states the same thing, how do you explain this? Yes the book of daniel refers to the son of perdition prior to the birth of Jesus, but it also refers to the messiah putting and end to the reign of this evil leader, which christians refer to as the return of Christ.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Ok while the term antichrist is only refferenced twice the term both Jesus and Daniel used was the son of perdition. Daniel was not reffering to Rome as rome did not yet exist when Daniel wrote of this man.

this is a result of misunderstanding the prophecy of Daniel 9, the "70 weeks" prophecy. Everyone agrees about the first 69 "week"s, but that 70th one...oh, thats a point of contention.

And WHERE one formulates their belief - the starting point, either pre-trib thoughts, or something else - will determine the foundation of his/her understanding of prophecy. If you are one that believes that the second half of the 70th week (when messiah is 'cut off' in the middle in the midst of those 7 years), is still to occur in our future, then you will believe that Matt., Mark, Luke, John, Peter, Revelation, etc., is about future 'fulfillment'. But it has been nearly 2500 years since Daniel received
that vision of the 70 weeks, and 2 things must be remembered about it. The "weeks" (years) were 'determined' upon Israel for failing to obey the sabbath of the land every seven years - this is per Jeremiah. And so, if that is the fact, why would there be 2500 years inserted into 'the fulfillment' of that prophecy, in the midst of the 490 years that is the length of time prohecied? after all, it was to show the 'end of sin (of the misuse of the Law and the sacrifices) and to be used as a motivator for the people in exile, to show that God remembered His promise to send Messiah.

Also, why would not the prophecy also mention the destruction of the temple in AD 70, if it referred to another event, one that still remains in our future?

see, if you say, I believe this "that this teaching is correct" then you can start anywhere and read into the scriptures what you want. Or, you can let the scriptures say what they REALLY say, and learn that.

[edit on 8-5-2008 by TrailGator]

[edit on 8-5-2008 by TrailGator]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I find it interesting that when some one discusses biblical prophesy they are automatically accused of fear mongering. Yet when some one says alien invasion or an asteroid impact they want it to be considered scientific theory. How hypocrytical, at least prophecy is bound to human history.

I've never mentioned 'alien invasion' in my life
I find it equally amusing really. Although, at least it's a scientific possiblilty I guess - however unlikely.

How is biblical prophesy 'bound to human history' exactly? No more so than any other book written. Perhaps you mean the bible is an 'historical document'? If so, I agree it is. But so is the Magna Carta or Tang-hui-yao (Chronicles of the Tang Dynasty).

J.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
you can read more about this in the christian research journal that goes well in depth about everything that has been done already towards the building of the temple and the selection of priests....

also I did a post about the mark of the beast ... the company that produces the chip has a website where you can see how far the chip has come already .. it's very scary

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

no .. your not the anit-christ .. you just have a anti-christ(ian) attitude/spirit. Sine the bible speaks that they're are many in the world already that an anit-christ spirit. Jn.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
i hope that we don't stray too far away from the original point of this thread. lets debate biblical relevancy elsewhere. For now this post is for people who want to talk about the 3rd temple and all its facts and figures. I find this topic very interesting and I understand not every one believes in this...but then again, not everybody believes in UFOs or ghosts. I won't go throwing my 2 cents in those forums. I wish the same from people in this forum.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Actually, there is only one archeologist who believes that the last Temple was in fact not where The Dome of the Rock is located now, all the others still do. Building on the Temple Mount would be considered an act of war, the Muslims who control the Mount would not allow such a thing. Period. They laugh at the idea that the Jewish Temple ever actually stood on the Mount. From their perspective, they have NO proof there was ever a Jewish Temple on that mountain because it was gone hundreds of years before they came.

All the religious artifacts have been around for years. There's a group of Zionists who began "preparing" at least a decade ago. The Red Heffer has been found, from a farmer in the US who sold these Zionist a herd of cattle.

The only thing you are forgetting is this, in order for the Levite priests to enter the temple, they have to be "clean". This is a long process. After a boy is born, he is immediately taken from his mother (her choice, no force) to a special compound to be raised and educated. This compound hasn't been built. Since the Holy Land is littered with graves and considered very "unclean", the compound would have to be built out of wood and also at least a foot above ground. I want to say there MUST be at least a dozen of these such children. I'm not completely sure of the number but I am close. Only once the "priests" have reached a certain age can they enter the temple. Maybe 14 or so. They will be the only ones who will be able to enter. Then and only then can the temple be dedicated with the blood from the Red Hefer. Only then could the "end times" prophecies begin.

Anyone thinking the end of the world is around the corner, probably not for a while. Although last I knew, half a dozen mothers had offered their unborn children and the plans were in the works to find a suitable place to create the "compound". But, you're looking at at least 15 years, probably closer to 20. Sorry to burst your bubble.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
here is an awesome site... make sure you check it out

www.templeinstitute.org...

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TrailGator

see, if you say, I believe this "that this teaching is correct" then you can start anywhere and read into the scriptures what you want. Or, you can let the scriptures say what they REALLY say, and learn that.

Or we could let the Holy Spirit, show us the interpretation. "the Spirit shall lead you into all truth," "some have the gift of interpretation". a couple of quotes that pop into my head.
Also TailGator, in any of your education. Didn't anyone tell you that many prophecies have multiple fulfillments. Building up to their grand final fulfillment?! Like, Moses was a type of the Christ. Saved and lead Israel, King David a further type. Finally, Jesus Christ fulfilled all the prophecies. So it is with many other prophecies. Like all the different AC types throughout history. With a final one just before Christ second return. See my Avatar!

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neariah
you can read more about this in the christian research journal that goes well in depth about everything that has been done already towards the building of the temple and the selection of priests....

also I did a post about the mark of the beast ... the company that produces the chip has a website where you can see how far the chip has come already .. it's very scary

Fine. But it's not 'the mark of the beast' - and that's the real problem here. Attributing biblical prophesy to today's events is foolish and somewhat delusional
It's simply totally innacurate to even attempt to..

J.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

It is all just big coincidences! Right jimbo666!

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Godmode I enjoyed your post, I too have been an avid end-times scholar since the 1980's. I hope your well-written post will peak the interest of several people, that they might learn the truth and be saved. I haven't been surfing the net very long, but have been absolutely heartbroken at realizing that millions upon millions of people reject Jesus totally, even to the point of saying horrible things about Him, a man who never laid a stone in anyone's path. I for the most part gave up on witnessing on the internet because I couldn't stand the things people would say about Him, certainly they are more brazen and crude because of hiding behind a computer screen. Really, I had no idea that many millions/billions were lost and without salvation. But it just proved another scripture true, as all are: Enter through the narrow gate, for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many are those who are entering it (Matthew 7). Keep up the good work.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I was hoping this wouldn't melt down to this verse and that verse.

I chose to no longer participate here if that is the case.

Now let me say this. EVERYONE should welcome the temple.

1.Athiests since they get a chance to disprove the whole thing should be leading the march.

2. Christians should be carrying the stone blocks so they get to see the messiah.

3. Jews cause they actually get a temple and they should have one. Somewhere but if they really need it there give it to them and be done with it.

4. Muslims because if they split the ground 50/50 they can get the Jews off their back, do the right thing in front of Allah, and force the Sanhedrin to foot the bill for half the security cost. Plus no one will ever give them a bad rap again. best foot forward and all that.

5. Hippies, because everyone will just settle down and get along so the earth can be at peace again.

6. Tourists will get twice the trip and spend twice as much. This one helps everybody......

Just encourage them to do it and be done with it.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join