It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Third Temple:Prepare for the 7 year tribulation people

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by GodMode

I love how you folks seem to think "join me or be eradicated" is a choice. It makes it really difficult to take Christians seriously.

Well,, to be truthful fox, If it were up to me, I'd not want you to join us and couldn't care less if you were eradicated. Not that I haven't tried to care but you've convinced me. If you like Ill send a round robin email to everyone asking they please not talk to fox, but then you wouldn't have joined threads like these if you didn't get some kick out of being an antagonist or are we to think your inquiry was purely out of a genuine interest or something else?

- Con

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodMode
reply to post by doctorex

you are correct about Christs Church... this is the Rapture..when he comes to claim his Church (they are the people_Gentiles and converted Jews alike)

BUT the Bible is VERY specific on making the distinction between Christs Church and Solomans Temple..the Temple is an actual place of worship
[

Firstly I don't agree with the rapture theory, but as for the temple, could you pleasse show me verses that show a very specific difference and that another physical temple must be rebuilt to fulfill end-time prophecy. The temple WAS a place of worship, because God's spirit was not yet dwelling in us, but that is different now. We are the temple, and we don't need to go to a building to worship God.

[edit on 13/5/08 by doctorex]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by GodMode

I'm pretty sure you just did an excellent job of refuting a bunch of stuff I didn't say, and ignoring a bunch of stuff that I did say.

That's the typical response of the Gospel Cult in these types of discussions... I'm not sure why I always let myself get sucked into them. I guess it's just interesting. :-)

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
BEHOLD!

www.time.com...

The plot thickens...the plans are most definitely in motion to break ground for the new Temple, the Coveted Ark may have been located recently, if this is true then scripture is dead on target in line with building the Temple to house the most holy of holies.

keep your eyes on the news guys!

gettin closer even if this expedition doesnt pan out im sure it will be found soon

[edit on 14-5-2008 by GodMode]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

revelations 11:1 i believe or 1:11

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

AGAIN its not JUST Christians...Judaism, Islam and Christianity are ALL Messianic Faiths.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   

lol

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Go to www.templemountfaithful.org
or the temple institutes website. You can see pictures of the tools, robes etc.
They have found annointing oil that was hidden for hundreds of years to annoint the third temple and the messiah with.
They also found a rare snail that was needed to produce the blue dye for the priestly garments. This snail was thought to be extenct but they found it in the dead sae. They also just found the alter that they think the ark of the covenent rested on. It was at the ruins of the palace of the Queen of Sheba, who was friends of King Soloman..some say she bore him a son. In Etheopia.
I just read a book by Grant Jeffrey called "The New Temple and the Second Coming." VER good book. Get it ...it tells of many of the things they have found from the 1st and 2nd Temples.
He's coming again..SOON.
Lift up your head our redemption draweth near!!
If you want to discuss further...email me. I have alot of info.
[email protected]

reply to post by xxpigxx

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Wow my brother, is this not an extremely judgemental attitude to take to your fellow man? If his words cut you this deep, how would you handle real persacution? We are called to love our fellow man regardless if he or she believes the way we do or not. I am not trying to tell a fellow believer how to conduct their buisness because I beleve we all fall short of Gods desire for us but keep in mind, how do you know what some one needs unless you truly listen to them? Talk with them not at them. Listen as well as you speak. If we are not showing them the love we are supposed to what makes us different from anyone else? I could easily make condeming comments at half the posts I have read on these boards, but then I am not showing anyone the One who dwells in me am I? If he can not see any truth in anything any of us say that is not our place to judge him for it, all we can do is share our faith and pray God works within our testimony. We alone can never change any ones opinions and in fact are not even called to try. All we are to do is testify to what we know, the rest is up to the lord. Further more for Fox, I would expect you to give any one else this same type of respect because after all you are not going to change what I believe no more than I can you. Hurling belittling comments about what some one believes does no more than show how cynical and uncaring you must be for the thoughts and beliefs of those around you. If I am off the mark I apologize, I truly wish you could understand how much caring it takes for one of us to post these all the while knowing some one like your self will do no more than bash anything we say. If you wish to DISCUSS anything with me like a objective caring human being I am open, if all you can do is hurl insults I would suggest saving your energy, you won't rile me the way you have others.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by GodMode

Do you believe the ark must be found? I am curious because as I recall the sacrifices went on long after the temple was destroyed the first time, and this was when the ark went missing. If this what you believe, then what brought you to this belief? Again I ask only out of curiosity. Again while there is a real intent to rebuild the temple, but it is not a neccessity. Sacrifices could resume in a tent much the way they have in the past. As far as the comment about the wailing wall, its importance has been that it was believed to be part of the last solomons temple. If then it is confirmed that this is the remains of a roman temple not solomons as many are now saying it is then the wall has no true meaning. Which truthfully if you look at the lay out of what solomons looked like versus what the roman jupiter temple, the temple mount looks nothing like solomons and is almost a carbon copy of the jupiter temple

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jdl79

wow...hmn well, lets see here...the Temple (Solomons, son of David), of which the west wall is all that is left (for the most part) was initially built to house the Ark, this was a decree made by God.

As Ezekial declared.."I will make a covenant of peace with them, it shall be an everlasting covenant : and i will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore. My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea I will be their God, and they shall be my people. And the heathen shall know that i the LORD do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore. (Ezekial 37:26-28)

also, from the volume titled, Hilchos Bais HaBechirah (The Laws of Gaod's Chosen House): The book contains six key mitzvot that summarize the Lord's laws given to Israel regarding the Temple:

The jews are to build a sanctuary

They are to build the alter with stone that is not hewn

They are not to ascend the alter with steps: they must use a ramp (recall few years back the issue that arose when the jews began building this very ramp, but had to stop due to Muslim resistance)

They must fear and reverence the Temple

They must guard the Temple completely

They must never cease watching the Temple

To this day their is always praying at the West wall day and night it is never left without at least ONE person praying.

also see Revelation 11:1-2

Yes the Temple MUST stand before the Levitical priests confirm and began the animal sacrifice..these men are currently being chosen from the tribes of Cohen and Levi.

I believe that the Temple is an important, if not key, part of the second coming.

I will research and post more soon.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by GodMode

sociologically i understand why alot of people resist the Word of God (it was all written that would be so).

For one thing it doesn't jibe with todays fast paced tech society we have surrounded ourselves with, nor, does it appeal to peoples wish to live their lives as they see fit. People, like practitioners of Black/White magic/Occultists, even Atheists so on and so forth, choose these lifestyles because they adhere to THEIR lifestyle choices. No sense or willingness to sacrifice.

We live in an age of "Show me dont Tell me", the anti-thesis of faith.

The Word has been twisted by irreverent men for centuries to benefit their selfish needs and wants, thus tarnishing the beautiful finite message.

People are fundamentally bound to gravitate toward anything that encompasses their personal wants and desires, and ignore the rest.

It was also written that even in the last days when the world is in great turmoil and all the messages are clear they will STILL resist Gods Word and deny him.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
A lot of people here were asking for 'proof' of the Temples being re-built for the third and final time: heres more:

Before Isreal can rebuild the Temple, the ancient Sanhedrin must be re-established. The original Sanhedrin court met for the last time in AD 453 in the town of Tiberias, Israel, west of the Sea of Galilee. But in these last days, the Sanhedrin must be reconvened to issue necessary rulings regarding sacrifice, sacred rituals, qualifications for membership in the Temple Levitical Priesthood, and other matters pertaining to the re-building of the Temple and the restoration of authentic Temple worship.

In accordance with the rules specified by Rabbi Moses Maimonides (AD 1200), 71 of the most highly respected Rabbis in Israel received special ordination as the new Sanhedrin on October 13, 2004! The new court includes Orthodox Jewish leaders from every part of Israel, including 2 former cheif Rabbis of Israel-Ovadiah Josef, the former chief Rabbi of the Safardic Jews(Middle Eastern Jews), and Josef Elyashiv, the former chief Rabbi of the Ashkanzi Jews(European Jews). Rabbi Elyashiv is considered by many as the top Rabbi in Israel to be the TRUE spiritual heir of Moses and therefore was in a position of spiritual authority to ordain the 70 other religious leaders required for a full Sanhedrin court.

The recreation of the Sanhedrin was an unprecedented step in the practical preparations for building a new Temple. Other vital preconditions include the re-creation of almost 100 sacred Temple vessels used in worship and in the ceremonial cleansing of the Temple. Another requirement is the recovery of the sacred oil (which they found dated from 2000 years ago and is STILL usable)used in the anointing of priests and, ultimately, the coming Messiah. Of special interest in this regard is the discovery of ancient anointing oil (as mentioned above) of anointing and the search for the ashes from the last sacrifice of a red heifer. Also of interest is the recovery of the necessary ingredients for making a unique deep blue dye required for the special priestly garments, especially the high priests robes.

see Numbers 11:16-17 for Sanhedrin info.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Daed Mi

your references are to 'people' not the Word of God. Dogmatic institutionalized Religion is INDEED tarnished by sin, we are all born into sin and the Churches are handled by people.

This does not in any way negate the Word or the scripture, you are referring to humans like yourself which are not in any way 'like' God.

Try to see through to the truth and not be sullied by the mis-teachings of others.

As "funny' as you may find Evangelical people conducting their 'strange' services, strange indeed as it can be, again this had no direct reflection on Christs Promise.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

As Ezekial declared.."I will make a covenant of peace with them, it shall be an everlasting covenant : and i will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore. My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea I will be their God, and they shall be my people. And the heathen shall know that i the LORD do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore. (Ezekial 37:26-28)

Ezekial is not talking about a temple built by men.....

Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

also, from the volume titled, Hilchos Bais HaBechirah (The Laws of Gaod's Chosen House): The book contains six key mitzvot that summarize the Lord's laws given to Israel regarding the Temple:

The jews are to build a sanctuary

They are to build the alter with stone that is not hewn

They are not to ascend the alter with steps: they must use a ramp (recall few years back the issue that arose when the jews began building this very ramp, but had to stop due to Muslim resistance)

They must fear and reverence the Temple

They must guard the Temple completely

They must never cease watching the Temple

To this day their is always praying at the West wall day and night it is never left without at least ONE person praying.

also see Revelation 11:1-2

Yes the Temple MUST stand before the Levitical priests confirm and began the animal sacrifice..these men are currently being chosen from the tribes of Cohen and Levi.

I believe that the Temple is an important, if not key, part of the second coming.

I will research and post more soon.

Jesus did away for the need of the Levitical priesthood and the sacrifices. They are no longer of concern to God, except that by performing them, they will be rejecting Christ as their high priest. The prophecy in daniel is about the messiah confirming the covernant of his blood with the many (Mark 14:24 And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many). about stopping the need for sacrifices etc. The whole passage is talking about talking about the messiah, it evens states this. Christ's sacrifice was for all time and no more sacrifices need to be performed. Yes there are prophecies of things concerning the temple, but we have to remember that the temple is now spiritual, it is the church, that is what these prophecies are concerning...

1Corinthians 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

1Corinthians 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

1Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

2Corinthians 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them ; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

John 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

The jewish people who are set on building a physical temple and begin the sacrifices, in essence have rejected Christ and his sacrifice. I wouldn't pay too much attention to what the believe they must do. At the death of Jesus, the need for a physical temple was taken away.

Matthew 27:50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.
51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

We no longer need a levitical priesthood to enter the Holy of Holies for us, the veil has been torn, we can enter before God ourselves through prayer in Christ's name.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by GodMode

My point was not to refute the scripture, only to point out that sacrifices have been made with out a actual building. If you've read my previous posts you know I believe the temple will be rebuilt as there is an intent to do so. But tents in the past have been considered temples. You did not answer my question regarding the ark though. As the sacrifice resumed long after the destruction of the first temple when the ark went missing.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

While the temple we worship within is now spiritual that does not change the fact that it has been prophesied that the temple will be rebuilt if only for the abomination to occur. Since we were told by Jesus to look for the signs of his coming and the leader that causes the abomination must be revealed by this act as Paul states before the day of the lord can come than we must consider the building of the temple as one of those signs. So the building of this temple must be looked at as God fulfilling his promise.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by GodMode

People speculate that the wailing wall was part of solomons temple. Evidence is now coming to light that this is not true though and that people have been mistaken as to where the actual temple was. This has a tendency to happen when people leave a area for centuries then come back and assume the remains of a temple were theirs. Look at the out lay of the mount, it looks roman, almost identical to the jupiter temple. This is not even how Solomons temple is described. So there for the wailing wall would not be the remains of Solomons at all and will propably not hold the same importance.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdl79

While the temple we worship within is now spiritual that does not change the fact that it has been prophesied that the temple will be rebuilt if only for the abomination to occur. Since we were told by Jesus to look for the signs of his coming and the leader that causes the abomination must be revealed by this act as Paul states before the day of the lord can come than we must consider the building of the temple as one of those signs. So the building of this temple must be looked at as God fulfilling his promise.

You don't need a building to cause an abomination of desolation. If a leader in the church were to try to change the laws and ways of God, would that not be an abomination in the temple of God, the church? Would not most people leave the church, in a great falling away, which was also prophesied to happen, and make the church desolate?

2Thessalonians 2: 3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshiped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

Paul is saying that a man would come and sit in the temple, raise himself above God, and cause a great falling away, and what does paul say over and over again is the temple of God? He says it is the church! To emphasise that this man would be a part of the church, he even uses the term Son of Perdition. This term is only used twice in scripture, the other time was used by Jesus himself talking of Judas Iscariot. Talking of the Apostles, Christ said....

John 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the Scripture might be fulfilled.

The scriptures fullfilled were the prophecies concerning Judas. Just as the actions of the first son of perdition (Judas) led to the temporary destruction of the physical body of Christ, the second son of perdition would lead to the temporary destruction of the spiritual body of Christ, the church. That's what this is talking about. No physical temple needs to be or will be built to fullfill this prophecy.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   

That is an interesting interpretation, and I actually could see things unfolding this way now that you better explain. How ever I am not completely convinced that it is accurate, as man in himself since the establishment of the modern church has been causing what you would call abominations. The simple greed that runs through many modern church leaders could be considered an abomination by that definition, as they pillage wallets in the name of God and charity only to pocket the money themselves. Daniel also states he will boast great things against the most high and exalt himself and claim to be God. John confirms this when he states the false prophet causes all to worship him. Now before we get to deep into who or how the false prophet is, according to the way we are to interpret scripture as laid out in Daniel with Nebudchanezzars dream, a beast represents both a king and a kingdom. So to state the false prophet is simply a religous leader or the son of perdition is simply a religous leader is a huge misinterpretation. As John describes both as beasts. As such no religous leader has the ability to pass or instate law, such as would be needed to require a mark. Are you familiar with all that has happened within the EU? Do you know anything of the UNs Aliance of Civilizations?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join